Do you have a theme song?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Do you have a theme song?
Is there a song that you feel is associated with you? I'm not sure I have one personally, but my family has one. It's Rusted Root's Send Me On My Way (except when we sing it together we all sing "simme in the way" which makes no sense but that's how we all sing it).

I don't know why this is our family theme song, but it is. It goes back to watching the first Ice Age movie when my kids were very small. The movie featured that song and somehow it's was always on the radio or in the background when my kids were young and we would all scream "simme in the way!" at the top of our lungs.

I thought of this because we are doing a Bar Mitzvah for my youngest son next weekend (being an atheist doesn't exonerate me from cultural responsibilities or my mother's withering stare) and we put together a photo montage. The people who put it together for us just sent us the finished product today. And, the whole thing kicks off with "Send me on my way" by Rusted Root. It's a great song and really makes the whole montage work.

I really tear up every time I hear that song now because it just reminds me of my kids being little and just so many great memories.

So, what's your theme song?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
27-08-2016, 09:53 AM
RE: Do you have a theme song?
(27-08-2016 09:42 AM)BnW Wrote:  Is there a song that you feel is associated with you? I'm not sure I have one personally, but my family has one. It's Rusted Root's Send Me On My Way
It goes back to watching the first Ice Age movie when my kids were very small.

(being an atheist doesn't exonerate me from cultural responsibilities or my mother's withering stare)

I had the Rusted Root cassette tape with that song on it long before Ice Age and was thrilled to hear that song in the movie...awesome movie btw, one of the best 'kid' movies out there. Thumbsup

There's not much that is more intimidating than a mother's withering stare, or in my family, my raised eyebrow. Tongue

I would have to think about a family song...great thread idea.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Took one of those buzzquizs said mine was Walking on Sunshine. I don't think I agree. I was hoping for something like Thunderstruck or maybe Weird Al's White and Nerdy.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
27-08-2016, 10:13 AM
deuce post

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
27-08-2016, 10:14 AM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
27-08-2016, 10:15 AM
This one. Angel

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
27-08-2016, 10:24 AM
"Moments like this" by Reamonn. I tend to remember it in harder times.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-08-2016, 10:28 AM

Love Aphex Twin

☆☆☆
[+] 2 users Like CosmicRaven's post
27-08-2016, 10:28 AM

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-08-2016, 05:45 PM
(27-08-2016 09:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ...awesome movie btw, one of the best 'kid' movies out there. Thumbsup

When my oldest was little and would get hurt and cry, I used to always say "you can beat this, you're a tiger" and it usually made him feel better.

He also used to love to play "where's the baby! There he is!"

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post