Do you have any science goals or projects?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Do you have any science goals or projects?
Do you have any science projects to improve yourselves as human being like: learning higher math, building 4-bit computer from transistors, learning programming, for fun, to challenge yourselves or to understand better the world.

What science goals do you have for the next years?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2015, 12:25 PM
RE: Do you have any science goals or projects?
Create animals by splicing two speices together

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-05-2015, 12:51 PM
These next few years I'll be focusing on advancing emergency nursing education, both for myself and my coworkers. I want to do some projects with the ER involving invasive hemodynamic monitoring and transvenous pacing.

Also, I have a few ideas in mind for making 12 lead ekgs more efficient than they are at present. Trying to get leads to stick to a diaphoretic patient having a massive MI (translation: putting stickers on sweaty person having a heart attack) is tricky and time consuming - every second counts for those patients.

Also, I think the pathway could be accelerated even faster for those patients needing an express trip to the cath lab. I have a care model in mind.

There's a study that came out last year suggesting that log rolling might be causing "more" harm than good for patients with suspected spinal cord injuries - I've been thinking of a few alternatives that could be used in a new study.

Additionally, I have a fabric idea for use with malodorous patients. I'm not sharing specifics - my patent. Mine mine mine. Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
07-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Synthesizing a new drug.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
07-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Any such plans I have is way off in the future. Have other things that needs to get sorted first. Ultimately I would love to give university a shot. Either as a physicist or chemical engineer.
07-05-2015, 01:28 PM
I've been trying to build some programming literacy these past few months. I feel like that's fast becoming an educational standard in our world and in a few decades time will be equated with reading as foundational life skill.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
07-05-2015, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2015 01:51 PM by yakherder.)
Passing interest in computational linguistics, environmental science, and mining studies, the latter two of which have become slightly more relevant as I've recently changed the civilian side of my career to focus on protective services for remote mining operations up north. Law enforcement was pissing me off and I figured it was only a matter of time before I snapped and got myself into trouble :/ Though not directly related to site security, it doesn't hurt to know a little about what I'm protecting and how it all works as that helps anticipate possible weaknesses or be able to talk intelligently with workers and figure out when someone is trying to bullshit me Tongue I pick up a related course here and there on Coursera when they pop up.

I'm also into various survivalist nutcase related sciences such as water purification and botany. Wild leek will be in season soon, and that may call for a weekend camping/harvesting trip Smile In a day one could easily gather enough to last the entire year, properly preserved of course.

Always skimming over the latest discussions on neuroscience, though I'm more interested in the conclusions than how it all works. I'm more concerned with trying to streamline my memorization techniques, for example, than with being able to do brain surgery or something.

'Murican Canadian
07-05-2015, 01:33 PM
(07-05-2015 12:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Create animals by splicing two speices together

Splice me with a human. That'd be a crazy combination.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Reading the analysis for the hominin fossil material I excavated in Tanzania.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
07-05-2015, 02:42 PM
(07-05-2015 01:33 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(07-05-2015 12:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Create animals by splicing two speices together

Splice me with a human. That'd be a crazy combination.

Or a crocodile.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube