Do you have any science goals or projects?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: Do you have any science goals or projects?
I'm trying to find time to work on a systems engineering modelling tool.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2015, 03:31 PM
I'm writing about influence of Russian Revolution on Poland regaining independence and how it is seen in polish historiography.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Build a Lippisch style WIG out of hybrid kayak. Cool
If that works then a Bixel style WIG based on a Boston whaler type of boat. CoolCool
Long term: build a fusor. Consider

Then the Phoenix based on an Apollo capsule. Evil_monster
08-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Finish my engineering degree. Try to comprehend (some) of the brain numbing mathematics in theoretical physics. Undecided
09-05-2015, 06:06 AM
I'm about to embark upon a much greater understanding of evolution, not going to college or anything, just want to learn a hell of a lot more to satisfy my curiosity. I find it fascinating, being a big sci-fi geek, it can give us clues about how alien life would evolve.

I've already started a course on astrobiology on Coursera, I bought a big book on prehistoric life that I'm going to plow through. I want to become much more familiar with Linnaean taxonomy. (Which absolutely destroys the creationist concept of kinds)

I just have to finish up a book about early Christianity before I throw myself into learning more about evolution.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-05-2015, 06:09 AM
(09-05-2015 06:06 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I'm about to embark upon a much greater understanding of evolution, not going to college or anything, just want to learn a hell of a lot more to satisfy my curiosity. I find it fascinating, being a big sci-fi geek, it can give us clues about how alien life would evolve.

I've already started a course on astrobiology on Coursera, I bought a big book on prehistoric life that I'm going to plow through. I want to become much more familiar with Linnaean taxonomy. (Which absolutely destroys the creationist concept of kinds)

I just have to finish up a book about early Christianity before I throw myself into learning more about evolution.

I suggest you read Dawkins's books on evolution in the order of publication. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-05-2015, 11:48 AM
I am self teaching myself some programming and electronics by building an arduino LED light cube.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
12-05-2015, 11:53 AM
I do whatever my daughters 6th grade and 4th grade teachers assign.

Angel

Tongue

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
12-06-2016, 07:46 AM
I learned how to drive a 555 timer, and made a video about it.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
12-06-2016, 07:49 AM
(07-05-2015 12:17 PM)IdealistThinker Wrote:  Do you have any science projects to improve yourselves as human being like: learning higher math, building 4-bit computer from transistors, learning programming, for fun, to challenge yourselves or to understand better the world.

What science goals do you have for the next years?

I am starting an aquaponics farm to grow veggies and fish together. Could that be considered a science project? I think of it as such, it is something i have never done. I worked most of my life in construction and this something new still basically in the experimental stages since it seems that everyone who does it takes a different approach.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post