[Image: 2012-09-07214416.jpg]

[Image: 2012-09-091320401.jpg]

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-09-2012, 04:28 PM
RE: Do you have pets?
(30-09-2012 04:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bearded dragons are omnivores. ... Like me. Evil_monster

[Image: 2012-09-07214416.jpg]

[Image: 2012-09-091320401.jpg]

Are they better fried or roasted?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2012, 04:35 PM
On my lap, in my cabinets, knocking my tobacco all over the floor, licking their stick on my bed, seeding me with fleas and fur, in my face when I'm trying to eat... I mean, whose idea was this, anyway? Zombie cat was even in my Gwynnies - Shocking - shit would get a human kilt... Dodgy

Pets. Bah humbug.

And Girly, WTF? Don't you have enough critters running around?

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
30-09-2012, 04:46 PM
(30-09-2012 04:35 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And Girly, WTF? Don't you have enough critters running around?

Ain't my call brother. I'm just along for ManlyGirl's ride. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Today we had a milestone with the Sock. The treat she gets here is the end part of a pigs bone, I think a joint, with a bit of meat on it.

Click the pic to get to the vid (no worries, it's just photobucket)
Sorry for the bad quality, no good light in the kitchen, at night.
[Image: th_IMGA0252.jpg]

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
03-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Do you have pets?

[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
05-10-2012, 11:18 AM
I have two dogs, littermates, half dachshund and half basset hound. They're being a bit of a pain today really. I've had them since last October.
[Image: oct3-300x221.jpg]
Odin
[Image: boneaug-300x168.jpg]
Augie
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
05-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Was on the news yesterday that someone dropped off about a hundred dogs over near Fort Worth. Half were Maltese mixes and half Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (who have a special place in my heart since I have two of my own).

The dogs appear to have been ditched by a puppy mill, they are said to be dirty and have probably been caged their whole lives. New laws in the state are making it harder for sketchy breeders to keep their operations going. There are shelters cleaning them up and checking them out and trying to find them homes.

I once rescued a puppy mill dog...he was never quite right...such a shame...there's a $500.00 reward for info, I think there ought to be a bounty on their heads.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
05-10-2012, 12:33 PM
(05-10-2012 11:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Was on the news yesterday that someone dropped off about a hundred dogs over near Fort Worth. Half were Maltese mixes and half Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (who have a special place in my heart since I have two of my own).

The dogs appear to have been ditched by a puppy mill, they are said to be dirty and have probably been caged their whole lives. New laws in the state are making it harder for sketchy breeders to keep their operations going. There are shelters cleaning them up and checking them out and trying to find them homes.

I once rescued a puppy mill dog...he was never quite right...such a shame...there's a $500.00 reward for info, I think there ought to be a bounty on their heads.

I agree on the bounty. Or, we could throw the person in Drago's run and feed the remainder to the catfish in my pond.

I have a dog now from such a puppymill cleanup - the Mop was one of some 30 puppies and the breeder got evicted and the dogs had no place to go. He has a deformed leg from bad breeding, but he doesn't know it and it's not that obvious, and he was too young to have psychologcial damage.

Hubby and I once rescued a Pom from a puppy mill - that dog was messed up. 2 year old male. Always been caged. We had to fish him out of our van with a fishing net, he was determined to resist us and he was lethal and fast.

Once in the house, we ended up having to put him in a cage, it was the only place he felt safe. We put that in the middle of the living room. We had to leave a leash on him even in there so we could retrieve him to go potty. You could not touch that dog.

So hubby took to sitting outside reading, and I dragged the dog out to be out there with him, on a looong leash. It took like 3 months for him to be able to live without his cage. Lol, usually I have to try to get a dog used to a kennel, this one had to be conditioned to do without it.

He ended up being hubby's dog, joined at the hip, those two. He lived to be 14, loved hubby, tolerated me and hated everyone else. He didn't bite people, but if anyone tried to touch hubby he growled and looked ferocious.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-10-2012, 12:42 PM
(05-10-2012 12:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-10-2012 11:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Was on the news yesterday that someone dropped off about a hundred dogs over near Fort Worth. Half were Maltese mixes and half Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (who have a special place in my heart since I have two of my own).

I agree on the bounty. Or, we could throw the person in Drago's run and feed the remainder to the catfish in my pond.

I have a dog now from such a puppymill cleanup - the Mop was one of some 30 puppies and the breeder got evicted and the dogs had no place to go. He has a deformed leg from bad breeding, but he doesn't know it and it's not that obvious, and he was too young to have psychologcial damage.

Hubby and I once rescued a Pom from a puppy mill - that dog was messed up. 2 year old male. Always been caged. We had to fish him out of our van with a fishing net, he was determined to resist us and he was lethal and fast.

Once in the house, we ended up having to put him in a cage, it was the only place he felt safe. We put that in the middle of the living room. We had to leave a leash on him even in there so we could retrieve him to go potty. You could not touch that dog.

So hubby took to sitting outside reading, and I dragged the dog out to be out there with him, on a looong leash. It took like 3 months for him to be able to live without his cage. Lol, usually I have to try to get a dog used to a kennel, this one had to be conditioned to do without it.

He ended up being hubby's dog, joined at the hip, those two. He lived to be 14, loved hubby, tolerated me and hated everyone else. He didn't bite people, but if anyone tried to touch hubby he growled and looked ferocious.

Stories like this are why I never felt bad causing somebody legal hassles when I did Animal Control. Wathcing people mess up animals to that point really ticks me off. Your dog was lucky to get a good home, some shelters would just rather put them down if they're that damaged.

We have a "breeder" in Ma. that says they have over 70 breeds! really? A legitimate breeeder dealing with more than 70 breeds? I despise these people.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume