Do you have pets?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2012, 12:03 PM
RE: Do you have pets?
(15-10-2012 06:18 AM)Leela Wrote:  And here is LeelaDog:

[Image: IMGA0304.jpg]

I think she feels kind well here Big Grin She is doing this posture a lot Big Grin

That's a happy and content looking dog.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2012, 08:48 AM
oooookay...
Today (for our very long weekend walk) we took her to a new place. There is a huuuuge field not far from out house. Normally the villagers bring their cows and horses there during the day. So we took our dog there. She liked it a lot. And Malleus let her off the leash so she could exhaust herself. So she started running like a maniac and she found a patch of cowshit, now guess what she had to do... Of course she had to roll herself in it!!!! So now we had a very excited running, STINKING dog with cowshit all over.
Malleus was like "today she will have a cold shower" (we still have no warm running water, and it would be a pain to heat water for half an hour before we can give her a bath) so out neighbour, who showed us the place, offered his warm running water. So we gave her a proper wash in nice warm water. Her collar was full of that stuff too, we threw it away.
So now we have a clean, shiney dog, hopefully without flees, as she was greeting a few stray dogs, with a new nice, comfortable bandana.
Here a picture of a dog that wants a saussage:
[Image: saussagedog.jpg]
sorry the eyes look a bit weird because I tried to remove the ghost eyes from the camera flash

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
13-12-2012, 08:10 AM
As the snow is so high by now, and so difficult to manage, we can't walk the dog really. We let her out in the garden or walk up to the road and back. More isn't really possible right now.
But in order to keep her mind occupied, I thought I will use the winter to teach her some tricks and stuff.
So today I taught her "hand" so she has to give me her hand when I tell her to. She learnt that within like 5 minutes.
No use of treats, I cuddled her and praised her everytime she did it right. She loves the cuddling and praising more than treats. Now after doing the hand-thing a few times, and showing it to the husband and he doing it to, she got so tired heh. I will try it a few more times for a few days and when it is really well in her brain, I will try the next thing.

I am open for suggestions. Normal tricks as well as useful things.
Maybe I can post a video in the end of the winter so she can show you how smart she is and how quick she can learn.

- Wotsefack?! -
13-12-2012, 10:40 AM
(13-12-2012 08:10 AM)Leela Wrote:  As the snow is so high by now, and so difficult to manage, we can't walk the dog really. We let her out in the garden or walk up to the road and back. More isn't really possible right now.
But in order to keep her mind occupied, I thought I will use the winter to teach her some tricks and stuff.
So today I taught her "hand" so she has to give me her hand when I tell her to. She learnt that within like 5 minutes.
No use of treats, I cuddled her and praised her everytime she did it right. She loves the cuddling and praising more than treats. Now after doing the hand-thing a few times, and showing it to the husband and he doing it to, she got so tired heh. I will try it a few more times for a few days and when it is really well in her brain, I will try the next thing.

Maybe I can post a video in the end of the winter so she can show you how smart she is and how quick she can learn.

Come, sit, down, stay - and the stay in all situations - while sitting, while on down, while walking.... it's very useful to have that down pat.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-12-2012, 10:45 AM
(13-12-2012 10:40 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 08:10 AM)Leela Wrote:  As the snow is so high by now, and so difficult to manage, we can't walk the dog really. We let her out in the garden or walk up to the road and back. More isn't really possible right now.

Come, sit, down, stay - and the stay in all situations - while sitting, while on down, while walking.... it's very useful to have that down pat.

Those and being able to get you a beer from the cooler. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-12-2012, 01:12 PM
she knows "come" and "sit" already. She also knows our version of "stop" which is "Ey" Big Grin. She also knows our version of down, which is basically just a hand sign. The stay would be a good thing, I will start with that in 1 or two days. Would like the "hand" to sink in before I start the next thing Smile
What's a down pat?

Chas yes good idea. I can try and teach her to bring stuff hehe

- Wotsefack?! -
13-12-2012, 01:54 PM
(13-12-2012 01:12 PM)Leela Wrote:  she knows "come" and "sit" already. She also knows our version of "stop" which is "Ey" Big Grin. She also knows our version of down, which is basically just a hand sign. The stay would be a good thing, I will start with that in 1 or two days. Would like the "hand" to sink in before I start the next thing Smile
What's a down pat?

Chas yes good idea. I can try and teach her to bring stuff hehe

If you have something down pat, you know it so well you can do it in your sleep.

So you have her sit, say stay, hold a palm up, step back one step, step forward and praise. Then two steps, then 3 et cetera. Next, do it while she is down. Once these two are absolutely fool proof ( a week each) then you can walk with her and tell her to stay then while you keep walking. First you only make one more step, then two etc. Eventually you can have her drop while you keep walking, and eventually turn and come get her. Then you can call her from a distance... and so on.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-12-2012, 02:13 PM
ah I see! Thanks Dom Smile

- Wotsefack?! -
18-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Ok so I started teaching her "stay" today. And I think she is a very quick learner. Just like the "hand" she got it within 5 minutes. Now I am alternating the things she already knows and I finish with something she knows very well and a big cuddle.
Vewwy smart dog :3

- Wotsefack?! -
19-12-2012, 08:08 PM
[Image: SuperStock_4123-5581.jpg]

OH! "Pet" pets. Sorry.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user