Do you have pets?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2012, 06:14 PM
RE: Do you have pets?
2 cats, our commute and jobs make it too hard to have a dog Sad wouldn't be fair to them.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
26-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Chopper and Lady...who's spoiled? Rolleyes

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-03-2012, 07:37 PM
(26-03-2012 07:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  I knew I would enjoy this thread. Smile What a breather after all those conspiracy threads that pop up like mushrooms.

Anjele, the dog in the pic is too cute! Your household sounds a lot like mine. And I know first hand how dogs (and cats) can speed up recovery when you are not well. Nothing like a pair of expectant eyes and a wagging tail to motivate you to get up and go again, and nothing like a cuddly furball to make you feel better when you feel rotten.

Bucky, I once had a tenant with a dog named Damnit. Damnit got her name by lying on a litter of kittens (to mother them) and smothering them all but one. The surviving kitten was called Toughy. This was brought to my attention when a neighbor complained that my tenant would go outside and yell "Damnit" daily.

Lady Jane, sorry to hear about your Sheppie's troubles. Backyard breeding really should not be allowed, IMO. So many health issues, bad temperaments and dogs in shelters being killed. Still, I bet yours is going to be loyal to a fault - dogs know who has helped them and they mean to pay you back as best they can. And he is a very nice looking fellow. I hope you have many troublefree years to come!

Popeye's Pappy, they are beautiful. I am glad so many people today adopt retired Greyhounds. I hear they make great pets and like to be couch potatoes.

Aurora, ferrets are cute. I hear they get along well with cats, so maybe that's still an option for you.
Thanks Dom,

I would like to think I could get a cat (that the ferret would get along with) but because she's a 'biter' I don't think I'd risk it. When she first got to our house (my son's girlfriend bought it for him without my consent, I might add Dodgy ) she'd bite the crap out of anything in front of her, including me! I've been bit on the face, neck, leg... and they don't just bite, they latch on and as they have 'needle like' teeth, it really fucking hurts. She doesn't bite my son anymore but I don't tolerate her around me. I'm not prepared to take the time for her to get used to me - it took my son almost 8 months for her to stop biting him. So she's only allowed out (she lives in my son's ensuite) when I'm not home or in bed Undecided

Oh well, he'll be moving out in the next year or so, so then it'll be time for me to get a kitty! Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
27-03-2012, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 10:52 AM by ghostexorcist.)
I almost broke my neck this morning because I tripped over my cat. He apparently felt it was necessary to wait for me in the middle of the stairwell while I was upstairs getting a bowl of cereal. I normally walk downstairs with the lights off because I'm used to my surroundings. If my cat waits for me, he usually greets me at the very top. Well, I started down the stairs because he didn't greet me at the top, but when I felt my foot about to step on something cute and squishy, I immediately bypassed that step and blindly leaped a few stairs down. I was able to stop my descent by death-gripping the hand rail and ramming the elbow of my other arm into the concrete wall. Then, I heard the lovely splash of cereal all over the floor and my cat running down the stairs in fright. I lost a good bit of skin on the wall, but I was able to hold on to the bowl, saving the majority of the cereal. Let's just say my day didn't have a good start.

I love the little guy, but he sure can test my patience.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
27-03-2012, 11:25 AM
[Image: 2010-07-31145236.jpg][Image: 2010-05-08161340-1.jpg][Image: 2010-07-11215415.jpg][Image: 2010-05-02150659.jpg][Image: 2010-05-02151749-1.jpg]

Ok -- sorry for so many pictures, but this is my guy Scout. He is a Giant Schnauzer. HoC your guy really does look like a giant in need of a hair cut.. I thought the same thing when I saw that pic! Dom, I will do Schutz with my next one I did obedience lightly with Scout and I did some agility with Saide my last giant. I love them.. they are intelligent, fast learners, with an attitude and so regal too Smile From Germany as well - they actually have a lot in common with the Sheppies Smile

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 5 users Like k37713's post
27-03-2012, 11:47 AM
(27-03-2012 11:25 AM)k37713 Wrote:  [Image: 2010-07-31145236.jpg][Image: 2010-05-08161340-1.jpg][Image: 2010-07-11215415.jpg][Image: 2010-05-02150659.jpg][Image: 2010-05-02151749-1.jpg]

Ok -- sorry for so many pictures, but this is my guy Scout. He is a Giant Schnauzer. HoC your guy really does look like a giant in need of a hair cut.. I thought the same thing when I saw that pic! Dom, I will do Schutz with my next one I did obedience lightly with Scout and I did some agility with Saide my last giant. I love them.. they are intelligent, fast learners, with an attitude and so regal too Smile From Germany as well - they actually have a lot in common with the Sheppies Smile

I was actually looking at Giant Schnauzers too when I looked for a new dog. I grew up with a mini and do love them. I have also seen them do great Schutzhund work! But the selection of Giants was very small when I looked. I wasn't up to starting a puppy since there are no appropriate clubs where I live so training would have been an issue. I found Drago fairly easily.

Scout is beautiful!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Here is a picture that I took with my old laptop several years ago. I really love it because all you see are his eyes, ears, and whiskers.

[Image: deviationidbyghostexorc.png]

Here is a film noir piece staring my cat that I made for my niece and nephew. Make sure to click the image to view a larger version of it on the website:

http://ghostexorcist.deviantart.com/gall...3#/d4e1kl4

Just in case you are wondering, that is one of my cat's annoying pastimes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
27-03-2012, 11:57 AM
(27-03-2012 10:36 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I almost broke my neck this morning because I tripped over my cat. He apparently felt it was necessary to wait for me in the middle of the stairwell while I was upstairs getting a bowl of cereal. I normally walk downstairs with the lights off because I'm used to my surroundings. If my cat waits for me, he usually greets me at the very top. Well, I started down the stairs because he didn't greet me at the top, but when I felt my foot about to step on something cute and squishy, I immediately bypassed that step and blindly leaped a few stairs down. I was able to stop my descent by death-gripping the hand rail and ramming the elbow of my other arm into the concrete wall. Then, I heard the lovely splash of cereal all over the floor and my cat running down the stairs in fright. I lost a good bit of skin on the wall, but I was able to hold on to the bowl, saving the majority of the cereal. Let's just say my day didn't have a good start.

I love the little guy, but he sure can test my patience.

Well, guess you'll be turning the light on in future.

I swear, these guys train us and not the other way around sometmes!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-03-2012, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 11:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
Dunno what to make of this. ... but somehow I live with it. Wink

[Image: ThePack.jpg]

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Gone to the hounds, GM.

[Image: th_IMAG0060.jpg]

George thinking he's a lap dog...