Do you have pets?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2014, 05:02 PM
RE: Do you have pets?
(02-05-2014 08:49 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Jumper constantly "moaw"s very loud all the time. I repeat what he says and we start a "Conversation"
[Image: bneL2kW.jpg]
Jumper - *Moaw softly*
Me - *Meooaw!*
Jumper - *MAOOOW*
Me - *NYAA!*
Jumper - *NYYYAOW*

Yep, I have these conversations quite often myself Blush

[Image: dlapuo244d3.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
09-06-2014, 09:15 AM
I'm new here, and I have got to say, Yippee a pet thread!

I have 2 goats, 3 ferrets, 3 rabbits, 4 prairie dogs, and 2 chinchillas. It's quite a workout taking care of all these critters. It's also humbling to know that they, as well as humans, share a common ancestor that resembled shrews and lived among the dinosaurs.

I find it ironic that the religion that says man is the center of the universe is the same one that says arrogance is a sin.
[+] 5 users Like cre8ivmind's post
09-06-2014, 04:18 PM
(09-06-2014 09:15 AM)cre8ivmind Wrote:  I'm new here, and I have got to say, Yippee a pet thread!

I have 2 goats, 3 ferrets, 3 rabbits, 4 prairie dogs, and 2 chinchillas. It's quite a workout taking care of all these critters. It's also humbling to know that they, as well as humans, share a common ancestor that resembled shrews and lived among the dinosaurs.

And not just any shrew, but a drunken alcoholic pen-tailed shrew. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
09-06-2014, 04:24 PM
I have two demons and two birds.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] Capoeira status:NO CORD
09-06-2014, 07:08 PM
[Image: 262ky6r.jpg]

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
15-06-2014, 12:45 PM
I've one baby Indian ring neck, one cat, a pair of finches and a beta fish. I had a German shepherd too but she passed away a year ago and I might get another pup soon Smile

All great truths begin as blasphemy - George Bernard Shaw
[+] 1 user Likes Anna's post
15-06-2014, 01:13 PM
I keep saying I will get some pictures of the parrots on here. A couple of you have heard them in the background on Skype. Let me say that neither were thrilled about a photo shoot.

The African Gray is named Chewy - we refer to her as 'she' but really don't know for sure. The Quaker is Zeus and is referred to as 'he', but again, we aren't sure. We have had both for about 15 years...Chewch is a rescue but is not appreciative since her goal is to eat me.

Chewch has been keeping her feathers pretty well since the last, rather lengthy, naked period.

[img][Image: P6150656_zps3dc71a49.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: P6150655_zpsd7312635.jpg][/img]

[Image: P6150669_zps020e993b.jpg]

[Image: P6150658_zpsbb643682.jpg]

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
17-06-2014, 11:49 AM
(15-06-2014 01:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I keep saying I will get some pictures of the parrots on here. A couple of you have heard them in the background on Skype. Let me say that neither were thrilled about a photo shoot.

The African Gray is named Chewy - we refer to her as 'she' but really don't know for sure. The Quaker is Zeus and is referred to as 'he', but again, we aren't sure. We have had both for about 15 years...Chewch is a rescue but is not appreciative since her goal is to eat me.

Chewch has been keeping her feathers pretty well since the last, rather lengthy, naked period.

[img][Image: P6150656_zps3dc71a49.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: P6150655_zpsd7312635.jpg][/img]

[Image: P6150669_zps020e993b.jpg]

[Image: P6150658_zpsbb643682.jpg]

If the birds are easy to handle, you can try manual sexing. It's a bit iffy if you don't have a lot of comparison or experience, but:

The male will have bones on either side of the vent (anus) close together, rigid and pointy. (Eggs couldn't pass.)

The female will have the bones on either side of the vent further apart, you should be able to feel a nice deeper indentation there, the bones are a bit flexible and rounded.

Of course there are some variations - some birds are so obvious in this that you can be totally sure. Others will not be so distinct...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-06-2014, 11:58 AM
2 cats and sometimes 2 dogs. Black kitty, black and white kitty, a golden and an eskimo pooch.... No pics on the phone to post though. I should go snap some pictures and return.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
[+] 2 users Like Elskidor's post