Do you judge people more by what they admire, or by what they despise?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2012, 06:24 AM
RE: Do you judge people more by what they admire, or by what they despise?
(03-11-2012 04:15 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Vera,

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.. While it can be very annoying.. its not something to be put off by if you can get past the annoyance of it.. but something to be proud of in a way.. that person.. like who and what you are.. and wants for people to perceive her how she perceives you. Which a lot of people will say that they don't care about what people feel say or perceive about them.. that is rarely the case.. so take the compliment you must be an awesome gal Smile ( this is meant as a compliment not a lecture on who or what you should like )

Hehe! The thing is, however, that I got the real interesting stories after I quit my job and that thing happened at my first job Cool
It was just so weird, because she would copy just about anything. E.g. my boss would say "Vera, your handwriting's so small, I can't read the note you've left on my desk" and my friend would go "Oh, when I was younger, I used to have such small handwriting." Or my boss would say that with glasses I looked like a high-school teacher and all of a sudden someone had said the very same thing to my coworker (and anyway, how is looking like a high-school teacher a compliment Blink ).

I would sometimes start talking about a movie we'd both seen, but not give an opinion, so at some point she would say she liked it and I would then say I hated it... She would backtrack sooo fast after this Smile I only did it once or twice, though, don't really like toying with people...
Yeah, I guess she must have liked something about me or thought I was so confident or something, but it really does get annoying over time, you feel like you're under a microscope and that someone's stealing your identity, I ended up not really sharing anything and only talking about work...

We no longer work together and she still does it to a certain extent. Weird. Drinking Beverage

(Oh and I can go on for hours about how we see ourselves, the way others perceive us and how we feel about it, esp. since I'm rereading Max Frisch Stiller which is exactly about this and which is one of my most favourite books... however, this really ain't the placeSmile)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-11-2012, 06:39 AM
(03-11-2012 06:24 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 04:15 AM)k37713 Wrote:  (Oh and I can go on for hours about how we see ourselves, the way others perceive us and how we feel about it, esp. since I'm rereading Max Frisch Stiller which is exactly about this and which is one of my most favourite books... however, this really ain't the placeSmile)
but I'd like to see a thread about it.. as I think all of the many views on a person's perception to be quite amazing.. and perplexing??!?!?

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
03-11-2012, 06:41 AM
I despise everyone, equally. Drinking Beverage
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-11-2012, 06:50 AM
I despise you bucky Smile

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
03-11-2012, 06:54 AM
(03-11-2012 06:39 AM)k37713 Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 06:24 AM)Vera Wrote:  
but I'd like to see a thread about it.. as I think all of the many views on a person's perception to be quite amazing.. and perplexing??!?!?
I think such a thread would pretty quickly turn into a "I'm great and if you don't see it, you suck" thread... or "I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of me. But please, please, please, like me and give me validation" thread Wink

I do recommend that book btw, it's really really good; actually, all Max Frish's books deal with self-identity.

(03-11-2012 06:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I despise everyone, equally. Drinking Beverage

Weeping
You're all about equal opportunity, eh?

03-11-2012, 06:57 AM
(03-11-2012 06:54 AM)Vera Wrote:  I do recommend that book btw, it's really really good; actually, all Max Frish's books deal with self-identity.

(03-11-2012 06:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I despise everyone, equally. Drinking Beverage

Weeping

Please look for my blockbuster new self-help book. It will be out soon.
"I'm OK, you're not so hot". Tongue

03-11-2012, 07:12 AM
(03-11-2012 06:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 06:54 AM)Vera Wrote:  I do recommend that book btw, it's really really good; actually, all Max Frish's books deal with self-identity.

Please look for my blockbuster new self-help book. It will be out soon.

"I'm OK, you're not so hot". Tongue

Of course I'm not, it's frigging November... As for the other meaning of hot and my level of hotness, hmm, I beg to differ Cool
And I'm not really into self-help, really - there's only so much perfection that a person can possess.

03-11-2012, 07:45 AM
(03-11-2012 07:12 AM)Vera Wrote:  And I'm not really into self-help, really - there's only so muchperfection that a person can possess.
Hahaha.
That's what my granny used to tell the priest that used to try to get her to go to Mass, when she was sick.
"I'm already as holy as I can get. Now leave me alone" Big Grin

03-11-2012, 09:03 AM
(03-11-2012 07:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 07:12 AM)Vera Wrote:  And I'm not really into self-help, really - there's only so muchperfection that a person can possess.
Hahaha.

That's what my granny used to tell the priest that used to try to get her to go to Mass, when she was sick.

"I'm already as holy as I can get. Now leave me alone" Big Grin

I think I would've liked your granny, she sounds like she knew what was what Yes

03-11-2012, 12:54 PM
(03-11-2012 06:50 AM)k37713 Wrote:  I despise you bucky Smile
I despise you too. When are we gonna meet for a drink ? Drinking Beverage

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Being Afraid of People? BrokenQuill92 21 919 24-09-2013 07:22 AM
Last Post: MillyJak
  My opinion about people who change of religion viocjit 9 601 01-07-2013 02:21 AM
Last Post: Thanh
  Homeless people. earmuffs 57 2,230 11-05-2013 08:23 PM
Last Post: bbeljefe
  How can people be so different? Zat 45 1,416 08-02-2013 08:42 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  Nazi alert and other people's reactions Luminon 94 3,848 06-02-2013 11:22 AM
Last Post: Zat
  The treatment of Gay people HailMeNow 34 1,537 23-01-2013 01:37 PM
Last Post: GodlessnFree
  Are people who cannot see that morality is subjective idiots? namiloveyou 62 3,383 12-01-2013 12:19 PM
Last Post: Luminon