Do you judge people more by what they admire, or by what they despise?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2012, 05:42 PM
RE: Do you judge people more by what they admire, or by what they despise?
(03-11-2012 01:13 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  When you truly try to know someone, do you judge them by what they admire, or by what they despise? Why?

Choose one or the other if you're responding.
I can't choose one or the other. I judge people by the opinons they have, which they usually don't. Regardless if admiring or despising, an opinion is such a rare thing that I must appreciate them both.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2012, 05:46 PM
(03-11-2012 05:33 PM)k37713 Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 05:06 PM)I and I Wrote:  I know the owner of a couple of sports bars in North Dallas, if you are ever around or free on a weekend, come out and drink.
I do like bars.. which ones.. ? PM me we are major derail here.. BUT if I do come grab a drink.. will you start a conspiracy thread saying that I wasn't actually there??
If you work for the CIA then you can't come and drink....I just sent you a message.
03-11-2012, 06:32 PM
I judge people the same way everyone else does, by the way they look.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
03-11-2012, 07:05 PM
I can and often make the mistake of dismissing people on those two criterion. But there is a lot more to a person than their knowledge.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
03-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Thread derailment on fanciful bar meetups aside...

There seems to be some misunderstanding on the word "judge". The word was used to describe a near complete opinion formed (a knowing) of the person, that will be hard to change. Any interactions with or thoughts about the person will be formed on that "judged" view of them.

I'd just like to know if you make a strong opinion about someone more by what they admire, or by what they despise. Run scenarios in your head (real world, or imaginative), which is more prevalent?
03-11-2012, 09:13 PM
(03-11-2012 04:47 AM)I and I Wrote:  I judge people all the time:

I was watching this show about people who win the lottery and this one guy won 350 million dollars.
He took pride in not changing his lifestyle and he still didn't have any teeth. WHAT? If I won 350 million dollars i would be buying other people teeth. I would be walking down the street and be like "hey, smile want some teeth"? Speaking as a guy with a full set of chompers I can tell you that having teeth is FUCKING AWESOME Because if you have teeth not only will you get to enjoy the cuisines of the world but you also won't look like.....well, like you haven't got any fucking teeth.

People tell me I shouldn't judge people but I believe you should judge people. People judge people all the time, if anyone says they don't they are lying and if they aren't lying they are stupid. Judging people is how you get through life.

Like whenever I see a guy with no teeth I think "hmm I bet he knows where to get some crystal meth"

If I see a guy wearing Velcro strap sandals I think "hmm there is a guy who hates to get laid"

Guys with pony tails, HOLY SHIT that is a bold look. There are only 2 kinds of guys who wear pony tails, rapists and folk singers. So if you see a guy with a pony tail and he doesn't have a banjo, you better run, that guy is gonna fuck you.
Ok, so I read the thread up to this post, and I had to stop and comment.

Best post ever.

Laughed my ass off AND the whole thing is true.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
03-11-2012, 11:53 PM
My ex thought that a "comedy" video depicting the sexual victimization and subsequent mockery of a man by his girlfriend/best friend was the most hilarious thing in the world.

On the other hand, she severely reprimanded me in great anger when I spoke up to reveal that the lengirie that her brother purchased for a female coworker was NOT in fact for my ex and me (as he had informed his unwitting girlfriend that it was).

She admired the "humor" in the sadistic victimization of an innocent, while hating an act of honesty and justice elsewhere in her life.

When passing judgment on an individual, I tend to first look at what they enjoy, but it's also important to note what they oppose. Humans are complex creatures, and both hate and love (admiration) play major roles in their overall morality. Love cannot exist without hate to distinguish it.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 09:35 AM
I judge people on a lot of things. By the time I get to know what they admire or despise ive allready made a judgment about them by what clothes they where, how they talk, their appearance etc etc.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
04-11-2012, 11:17 AM
(03-11-2012 06:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I judge people the same way everyone else does, by the way they look.

And can I sumo them.

(03-11-2012 08:58 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  I'd just like to know if you make a strong opinion about someone more by what they admire, or by what they despise. Run scenarios in your head (real world, or imaginative), which is more prevalent?

All right, I guess I can try to be serious since you were right about pumping the NYC tunnels.

More on what they despise. Despising something seems to me to require more effort so if someone despises something and it's not obviously despicable to me I will tend to form a negative opinion of them rather quickly. If it is obviously despicable it won't affect my opinion much at all.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-11-2012, 11:33 AM
(04-11-2012 11:17 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And can I sumo them.
Nobody is a match for you. No

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]