Do you know anyone that regrets voting trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2017, 07:35 AM
Do you know anyone that regrets voting trump?
It really amazes me the tribe mentality of republicans. Not the biggest fan of Bill Maher, but he did a great spiel about the party over people tribe mentality of republicans and how it has gotten so much worse in recent years.

That said, do you know anyone personally that regrets voting for him??

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
09-05-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Do you know anyone that regrets voting trump?
I know a guy who privately regrets it. By the same token, he complains that the chump isn't being given a chance. Rolleyes Given what the chump does when he "gets a chance", my vote is that he should be opposed at every opportunity.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
09-05-2017, 07:56 AM
Only person I know who voted for Trump and now complains about him, but still prefers him over Hillary, is a guy I work with who, like myself, is also an American citizen living in Canada. He still stands by most of the rhetoric, but is naturally somewhat turned off by Trump taking direct action on Canadian economic interests.

I don't regret having abstained from supporting either of the ruling parties.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
09-05-2017, 03:08 PM
By extension, yes.

I have some friends that live in Florida (Coral Gables, to be exact) and even though they're die-hard Democrats, they put a Trump sign on their lawn to avoid vandalism. (It was common to have Hillary campaign signs and Dem-supporter's homes and cars vandalized during the campaign.)

Seems now that some of their neighbours are not-so-privately regretting supporting Trump, especially when they discovered that many of them with pre-existing conditions may have their medical insurance denied, or their rates go up substantially, under Trump Care. And with Trump's ties with Russia (Flynn, Sen. Graham's inquiries, the verified allegations against Trump in a Russian dossier) not going away, seems that some - not all, but some - of his supporters are regretting just abstaining from voting. True, they would not have voted for Hillary either, but now see that Trump isn't up to the task.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
09-05-2017, 03:30 PM
I know a guy who was all over Facebook leading up to the election, taunting people about the fact he was going to vote for Trump. He's all but disappeared in the last couple months. I don't know if that's regret, but it certainly looks like shame.
[+] 4 users Like Mr. Boston's post
09-05-2017, 04:25 PM
I know one who says he's not happy, but "it'll get better" and has been posting anti-Hillary stuff for like the last three weeks on Facebook.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
09-05-2017, 05:56 PM
(09-05-2017 03:30 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I know a guy who was all over Facebook leading up to the election, taunting people about the fact he was going to vote for Trump. He's all but disappeared in the last couple months. I don't know if that's regret, but it certainly looks like shame.

There are a couple Trumpophiles missing from here too.

Before the election they were all about Trump...now it's Crickets Crickets Crickets

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
09-05-2017, 06:41 PM
I actually knew several rabid Trump supporters during the campaign who have been too embarrassed to discuss his performance these past couple months, even though it's clear from the look in their eyes that their hopes for his presidency have been utterly shattered.

Regretful Trump voters are opening up about how he's trying to screw them over, so all is not lost, it seems!

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
[+] 2 users Like Kaneda's post
09-05-2017, 06:49 PM
(09-05-2017 07:35 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  It really amazes me the tribe mentality of republicans. Not the biggest fan of Bill Maher, but he did a great spiel about the party over people tribe mentality of republicans and how it has gotten so much worse in recent years.

That said, do you know anyone personally that regrets voting for him??

> Thus far, every one of my friends and relatives who happen to be Republicans. Laughat
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
09-05-2017, 07:56 PM
I know personally two that are disgruntled.

I know a few on fb that are still slamming Clinton any chance they get. But they aren't praising trump.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post