Do you know what time it is?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Do you know what time it is?
Does anyone still wear a watch?
I used to like wearing a watch. I never had anything fancy or expensive, but it was always fun to get a new watch for Christmas or my birthday. My favorite was my Mickey Mouse watch.

When I was in my early 30's I received a pocket watch from the kids in my youth group. I loved it! It's also the last time that I ever wore a watch. After not wearing one for a while because of the pocket watch, I found strapping on a band felt uncomfortable. (I occasionally have sensory issues. I also cut tags off my shirts and can't sleep on sheets less than 300 count).

But the day finally came in 1999 that I started using a cell phone and thus the pocket watch became redundant. And of course, ever since, I find out what the time is by looking at my phone.

Has the watch gone the way of the Dodo? Do our TTA teens even know what a wrist watch is? Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2012, 02:32 PM
RE: Do you know what time it is?
Even before cell phones I hated watches. I can't stand jewelry of any kind on my body... except my wedding ring... which rarely comes off. It feels weird if it's not on my finger.

I had an ex that bought me a watch. I wore it around here, but I hated the feeling of it around my wrist.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
16-11-2012, 02:46 PM
I still wear a watch.

Back when I was a kid my dad died and one of the only things I had to remember him by was an old stinky casio.
I wore it every day until youthful stupidity got the best of me and I traded it for something unquestionably stupid. I wish I still had that watch, but ever since I've regretted that mistake Ive worn one.

For a while my now wife used to get me a new one every christmas. I got one on fathers day this year instead, and it has something nice inscribed on it.

A woman once told me that when women see a man is wearing a watch it means to her that he is the type of man who likes to get things done and needs to keep track of time to get them done on time. I don't know how true that is but I know it fits with who I am. Then again I've seen my fair share of gangstas who wear diamond encrusted watches who I figure can't even tell time. They sure as shit have no idea how belts work.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
16-11-2012, 02:56 PM
I wear a watch. It was my grandpa's. It meant a lot to him, so it reminds me of him.
It's a little "fancy", so I only wear it if I can hide it under my shirt sleeve.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Ive got a Casio Protrek which I bought off the back of a lorry that I sometimes wear at work.... I think there worth about £150, but I never paid that for mine.

Its more than just a watch.... it has a digital compass and a barometer on it.... I have no idea how to work them properly as it never came with the manual Blink

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
16-11-2012, 03:23 PM
I don't think watches are extinct, I think they evolved. It's no coincidence that the first feature of a cell phone that's not talking is the watch.
I believe that nobody would buy a mobile that doesn't include a watch in its display.

Before we used a mechanical device with one, at most two functions on us, now we use an electronic device with many features, but the second is the continuation of the first

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
16-11-2012, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2012 04:55 PM by Chas.)
I always wear a watch and own several. I also refurbish and repair then.

[Image: ZenithTrio.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-11-2012, 04:15 PM
The voices in my head tell me what time it is.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 4 users Like frankiej's post
16-11-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't like jewelry (and actually get mildly annoyed at the cliché that all women love jewelry and that it is the perfect gift - no, it ain't).

But I like wearing a watch. A very simple and elegant one, that I just had repaired, actually, cause I did something to it in Brazil (might have been the humidity).

Never could wrap my brain around monstrosities of this type, though (but I dislike shiny things and excessive luxury):
[Image: backes-strauss-berkeley-diamond-watch.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
16-11-2012, 04:32 PM
I used to wear a watch 24/7 until my watch broke and wasn't fixable anymore (after repairing it a few times before that). That one felt really comfortable but it is not being produced anymore, and every other watch I looked at since, just doesn't look comfortable.
I don't have a mobile right now either, so when I leave the house I am simply timeless.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post