Do you know what time it is?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: Do you know what time it is?
(16-11-2012 04:32 PM)Leela Wrote:  I used to wear a watch 24/7 until my watch broke and wasn't fixable anymore (after repairing it a few times before that). That one felt really comfortable but it is not being produced anymore, and every other watch I looked at since, just doesn't look comfortable.
I don't have a mobile right now either, so when I leave the house I am simply timeless.
BARBARIC!!! Shocking

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
16-11-2012, 08:06 PM
[Image: pic1.jpg]

This is the watch I own. The red lights all represent 1 hour, the green lights all represent 5 minute blocks, and the yellow lights are each 1 minute.

I was looking for watches and wanted a cool one. If you are interested, the company is Tokyo Flash, they have a lot of interesting designs.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Near's post
16-11-2012, 08:43 PM
That watch is absolutely ridiculous. Good choice.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
16-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Do you know what time it is?
(16-11-2012 02:46 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I still wear a watch.

Back when I was a kid my dad died and one of the only things I had to remember him by was an old stinky casio.
I wore it every day until youthful stupidity got the best of me and I traded it for something unquestionably stupid. I wish I still had that watch, but ever since I've regretted that mistake Ive worn one.

For a while my now wife used to get me a new one every christmas. I got one on fathers day this year instead, and it has something nice inscribed on it.

A woman once told me that when women see a man is wearing a watch it means to her that he is the type of man who likes to get things done and needs to keep track of time to get them done on time. I don't know how true that is but I know it fits with who I am. Then again I've seen my fair share of gangstas who wear diamond encrusted watches who I figure can't even tell time. They sure as shit have no idea how belts work.

Was it a stinky Casio because your dad kept it in his anus when he was a POW in the Nam?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
16-11-2012, 08:49 PM
(16-11-2012 08:06 PM)Near Wrote:  [Image: pic1.jpg]

This is the watch I own. The red lights all represent 1 hour, the green lights all represent 5 minute blocks, and the yellow lights are each 1 minute.

I was looking for watches and wanted a cool one. If you are interested, the company is Tokyo Flash, they have a lot of interesting designs.
Love it! Reminds me of an ankle monitor. Maybe I've been watching too much Prison Break on Netflix though.

ETA: I like the idea of a watch, but I haven't brought myself to enjoy wearing one. Sometimes the concept of strapping time onto me seems weird.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
16-11-2012, 08:58 PM
I didn't realize I wrote stinky, but it's ok because of your pulp fiction reference. Well done.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
16-11-2012, 09:00 PM
No one's gonna say it? Fine.

It's Hammer Time.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
16-11-2012, 09:22 PM
(16-11-2012 02:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Does anyone still wear a watch?
I used to like wearing a watch. I never had anything fancy or expensive, but it was always fun to get a new watch for Christmas or my birthday. My favorite was my Mickey Mouse watch.

When I was in my early 30's I received a pocket watch from the kids in my youth group. I loved it! It's also the last time that I ever wore a watch. After not wearing one for a while because of the pocket watch, I found strapping on a band felt uncomfortable. (I occasionally have sensory issues. I also cut tags off my shirts and can't sleep on sheets less than 300 count).

But the day finally came in 1999 that I started using a cell phone and thus the pocket watch became redundant. And of course, ever since, I find out what the time is by looking at my phone.

Has the watch gone the way of the Dodo? Do our TTA teens even know what a wrist watch is? Consider
I use my phone or iPod as a watch these days, I used to wear a real fancy watch with leather straps, but it was uncomfortable on hot days and I could barely read the thing...

I would like to get a new watch someday though.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-11-2012, 11:58 PM
(16-11-2012 09:00 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  No one's gonna say it? Fine.

It's Hammer Time.

No. It's time to get ill.

......I've gone from watch to phone to most recently a tablet/phone or as my wife likes to call it my "phaplet".
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
17-11-2012, 12:09 AM
(16-11-2012 02:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Even before cell phones I hated watches. I can't stand jewelry of any kind on my body... except my wedding ring... which rarely comes off. It feels weird if it's not on my finger.

I had an ex that bought me a watch. I wore it around here, but I hated the feeling of it around my wrist.
I agree entirely with KC, on every point.

Fuck it!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post