Do you know what time it is?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2012, 12:15 AM
RE: Do you know what time it is?
I've worked construction jobs most of my life, so it never became habit to wear a watch. (guys who wear watches tend to lose hands at a lot of the jobs I've done).

However, I do love them. I have a few wind up watches that I really prize. They are just marvels of ingenuity. Watches and clocks are art to me. Which is odd, because time to me is of little importance. I really do "tell time" by the sun. I don't care if it's 5am or 9am, because for me they are the same time at two different times of year.

Am I making any sense?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2012, 12:18 AM
I love watches, but can't be trusted with 'em...they pretty much die on me after about 4 months. Now, I'd probably be uncomfortable wearing one, but that nifty one Near posted gives me pause for thought.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Bowing
(16-11-2012 04:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  I always wear a watch and own several. I also refurbish and repair then.

[Image: ZenithTrio.jpg]
Those are nice man. Love the one in the center. Bowing

So many cats, so few good recipes.
17-11-2012, 12:29 AM
(16-11-2012 04:19 PM)Vera Wrote:  but I dislike shiny things
That's a sin!!!

Tongue
17-11-2012, 12:33 AM
(16-11-2012 04:19 PM)Vera Wrote:  (but I dislike shiny things and excessive luxury):
Let me tell you this: You ain't no magpie.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-11-2012, 12:56 AM
(16-11-2012 02:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Even before cell phones I hated watches. I can't stand jewelry of any kind on my body... except my wedding ring... which rarely comes off. It feels weird if it's not on my finger.

I had an ex that bought me a watch. I wore it around here, but I hated the feeling of it around my wrist.

On this topic I agree with KC .. fuck watches.. your cell phone has the time.. updated automatic.... ...

in case ya missed it..... fuck watches!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
17-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Do you know what time it is?
By the way, the answer to the question is 25 or 6 to 4.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
17-11-2012, 01:06 AM
(17-11-2012 01:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  By the way, the answer to the question is 25 or 6 to 4.

Nope. The answer to the question is... Yes, I do know.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-11-2012, 04:28 AM
(17-11-2012 12:29 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  That's a sin!!!

Tongue
Urgh! Why'd'ya have to go and mention that word... I've been so fed up with it lately. I have a character in my latest book who is self-admittedly not religious, yet she uses this stupid, heavily loaded (with the overtones of semitic religion) word all the time. And her idea of sin is just about any small misdemeanor. Frusty

(17-11-2012 12:33 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Let me tell you this: You ain't no magpie.
Whew! That's a weight off my chest! (Plus, if I were to be a bird, I'd be a nightingale, cause they only sing when no one's watching Wink )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
17-11-2012, 04:33 AM
(17-11-2012 04:28 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 12:29 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  That's a sin!!!

Tongue
Urgh! Why'd'ya have to go and mention that word... I've been so fed up with it lately. I have a character in my latest book who is self-admittedly not religious, yet she uses this stupid, heavily loaded (with the overtones of semitic religion) word all the time. And her idea of sin is just about any small misdemeanor. Frusty

(17-11-2012 12:33 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Let me tell you this: You ain't no magpie.
Whew! That's a weight off my chest! (Plus, if I were to be a bird, I'd be a nightingale, cause they only sing when no one's watching Wink )

Pfft, nightingales got nothing of the delicate warbling of the magpies that make sure I am awake each morning, I bet.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.