Do you like feminism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Do you like feminism?
I've been coming around. I had a period where I followed a lot of sargon of akkad, shoe on head, amazing atheist videos. I think that I always had core feminist values, such as gender norms being a social construct. I like how feminists are so pro gay, pro trans, pro race, open minded about gender. The only thing I don't like are the opinions they hold about fat people. Being fat is unhealthy and I don't promote unhealthy eating habits. I'd probably date a feminist, they seem to hold a lot of the same values as I do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2016, 01:25 PM
RE: Do you like feminism?
Meh, most of them ain't bad. Though it is useless in the west. For the most part I would be a feminist in a country like Saudi Arabia, but not the U.S

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-04-2016, 01:27 PM
I have no idea what feminism is.
28-04-2016, 01:28 PM
(28-04-2016 01:27 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I have no idea what feminism is.

Pretty much think of it as the civil rights movement for women.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
28-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Feminists are the opposite of sexists.

If you think sexism is bullshit, congrats, you're a feminist (in addition to whatever other monikers or hats you'd like to wear, like egalitarian).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Ah, ok. I think I've heard some people say that they dislike feminists, but they don't strike me as sexists. I'm guessing that there are other nuances associated with it.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
28-04-2016, 01:33 PM
I don't "LIKE" any -Isms but I don't have disdain or conceptual disagreement with the label feminism that some do due to its labeled basis or range of perceptions.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-04-2016, 01:35 PM
(28-04-2016 01:32 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Ah, ok. I think I've heard some people say that they dislike feminists, but they don't strike me as sexists. I'm guessing that there are other nuances associated with it.

Well this is where the feminism debate starts. Many things that one would consider sexist tend to be first world problems are not issues in the west. Most gender issues, whether males or females, usually effect both. Only one I can think of that only effect one gender is usually male genital mutilation and divorce in favor of women. Most however seem to effect both.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
28-04-2016, 01:37 PM
(28-04-2016 01:32 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Ah, ok. I think I've heard some people say that they dislike feminists, but they don't strike me as sexists. I'm guessing that there are other nuances associated with it.

Simple, what some people consider to be sexist is not universal, thus not everyone who might consider themselves a feminist have an agreed upon or unified opinion about every subject; likewise with their detractors.

Case in point, Anita Sarkesian thinks Princess Peach and her 'rescue the princess' routine is sexists. A lot of other gamers strongly disagree with her. Ideally she'd be allowed to maker her YouTube videos in peace, but she had to get death threats and get dox'd because of her opinions on video games. This is why we can't have nice things.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-04-2016, 01:38 PM
(28-04-2016 01:37 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Case in point, Anita Sarkesian think's Princess Peach and her 'rescue the princess' routine is sexists. A lot of other gamers strongly disagree with her. Ideally she'd be allowed to maker her YouTube videos in peace, but she had to get death threats and get dox'd because of her opinions on video games. This is why we can't have nice things.

Who hasn't? Not saying it is good, but it is not a gendered issue.