Do you like feminism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2016, 01:17 PM
RE: Do you like feminism?
(08-05-2016 12:08 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 09:53 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Modern anti-feminism all to often reminds me of religion. Drinking Beverage
*EDITED*
How very feminist of you, can't rebut so call names, also very rich coming from some who claims woman only disparage other woman because men make them do it.

You may form any opinion of me you please but do not mis-state my words. I NEVER said women "only" disparage other women because of men. Now that you've been corrected, you have the option to correct yourself or be shown up as a liar. Take your pic.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2016, 01:29 PM
(08-05-2016 01:09 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @Blackhand293

I have read your points, and I find them all very, very weak. In fact, half of them seem to be based on quote mining and decontextualisations of the writter argument like in the case of your Ā« men shroedinger rapistsĀ» and your accusation of feminist hating on the gay community (there is a substancial fringe group who actually hate on trans people unfortunately). You seem to also have a strange relationship with the word sexist, mysoginist and mysandrist. This is in no way surprising or uncommon. The former is frequently missunderstood and the two other vastly over-used and missused both by feminists and anti-feminists. I personnaly refrain to use those two since most people who are mysoginist and are also mysandrist or vice-versa depending on the context and situation.

Excuse me? How is citing 3 different sources all claiming that Gay men are hateful to all woman (misogynistic) by nature a misconstruction of their point?

Gender studies is based on Patriarchy theory, that wonderful feminist construction that claim men hold all the power and actively exercise it exclusively to the detriment of woman.

It asserts that men need to be taught not to rape, assuming a piori that all men want to rape.

Consent classes are mandatory in several universities, and are exclusively focused on men, again amusing a piori that men are rapists who do not understand consent and that it is limited exclusively to men not understanding consent.

(08-05-2016 01:09 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Feminism is pretty much like Christianity or Communism, there is dozen of schools of thought all of them with their own epistemologie (or at least their twist on it), their pet project, their faults, their qualities and intestine wars. Feminism as a whole isn't against men. In fact, one of the great weakness of feminism, that is being critiqued by some new feminists school since the late 80's, is that it largely ignores men. As I mentionned in a earlier post, thanks to social media, the constant critique and demands of the feminist mouvement can feel threatening to the group of people who feel like they face constant critique (even if technically they were never the subject of the critique in the first place). Feminism has critique hundreds of structure, behavior, laws and representation of sexism and even developped tools to elliminate them, study them and contextualise them in terms of a power relationship.

All their critiques all claim that MEN hold power exclusively, that men have all the advantages and that said power needs to be re-distributed to woman who hold zero power.

The bold part of the quote I would like more clarification on, how can criticizing men as a class not make them the recipient of the criticism?

(08-05-2016 01:09 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Yet, since feminism is born out of women's rights mouvement in the western world it has failed to use those tools for a very long time to tackle the same issues amongst men. It never challenged how the classical Victorian and Christian patriarchal system affected men's rights to self determination, self expression and representation. This led to the creation of the Men's Right mouvement in the 70's, largely sympathetic to feminism and using the same epistemologie, to adress those issues (unfortunately, now, the Men's Right mouvement is mostly known for its reactionnary fringe who troll on blogs and social media).

If you are skeptical of the claims of feminist wanting equality, instead of searching clues amongst a sea of blogs, articles, books and essay that might be contradictory, why don't you ask one of your choice to tell you what they mean by this exactly and how they intend to do it?

My contention with feminism is that it has actively harmed the rights of men in the western world, and that when called on such things, as I did with the citation of the Duluth Model of Domestic violence, I either get shouted down by feminists, ignored or accused of misconstruction the argument when the author of the very study used to create it admitted to massive amounts of confirmation bias and pushing an agenda.

I judge the woman's supremacy movement not on the dictionary definition or the platitudes of few but on the observable and tangible effects of said movement.

Name me one legal right that a man has that a woman does not in the Western world?

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Blackhand293's post
08-05-2016, 01:35 PM
(08-05-2016 01:17 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 12:08 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  *EDITED*
How very feminist of you, can't rebut so call names, also very rich coming from some who claims woman only disparage other woman because men make them do it.

You may form any opinion of me you please but do not mis-state my words. I NEVER said women "only" disparage other women because of men. Now that you've been corrected, you have the option to correct yourself or be shown up as a liar. Take your pic.

Quote:Post no# 325 , thread legalizing prostitution

Men used shame to control women and even used shame to have the women they controlled control other women

You deny agency when it suits your narrative. Shall we continue with the name calling or will you admit when you claim something?

You refuse to admit when called on bullshit you peddle, as was demonstrated in that very thread where you claim no ideology yet push feminism as the answer to societal ills in the same post!

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
[+] 2 users Like Blackhand293's post
08-05-2016, 01:40 PM
(08-05-2016 01:35 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 01:17 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  You may form any opinion of me you please but do not mis-state my words. I NEVER said women "only" disparage other women because of men. Now that you've been corrected, you have the option to correct yourself or be shown up as a liar. Take your pic.

Quote:Post no# 325 , thread legalizing prostitution

Men used shame to control women and even used shame to have the women they controlled control other women

You deny agency when it suits your narrative. Shall we continue with the name calling or will you admit when you claim something?

You refuse to admit when called on bullshit you peddle, as was demonstrated in that very thread where you claim no ideology yet push feminism as the answer to societal ills in the same post!

As you wish, liar it is.

08-05-2016, 01:42 PM
(08-05-2016 01:35 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Shall we continue with the name calling or will you admit when you claim something?

Hey, I wanna be part of the name calling. I've been waiting to use Whiskey's "Why don't you go suck the fun out of the business end of a Mossberg." for a while now.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-05-2016, 01:44 PM
(08-05-2016 01:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 01:35 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  You deny agency when it suits your narrative. Shall we continue with the name calling or will you admit when you claim something?

As you wish, liar it is.

As you wish Feminazi it is!

08-05-2016, 01:45 PM
(08-05-2016 01:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 01:35 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Shall we continue with the name calling or will you admit when you claim something?

Hey, I wanna be part of the name calling. I've been waitinmg to use Whiskey's "Why don't you go suck the fun out of the business end of a Mossberg." for a while now.

You huggable old girlyman, you! There, I called you a name. Tongue

Hug

08-05-2016, 01:51 PM
(08-05-2016 01:44 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 01:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  As you wish, liar it is.

As you wish Feminazi it is!

There is no "only" in my sentence. Give evidence that there is, if you're not lying.

08-05-2016, 01:56 PM
(08-05-2016 01:51 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 01:44 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  As you wish Feminazi it is!

There is no "only" in my sentence. Give evidence that there is, if you're not lying.

Your assertion was that it was men instigating woman to disparage woman. Explain that if your not a feminazi?

[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
08-05-2016, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 02:05 PM by Heatheness.)
(08-05-2016 01:56 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 01:51 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  There is no "only" in my sentence. Give evidence that there is, if you're not lying.

Your assertion was that it was men instigating woman to disparage woman. Explain that if your not a feminazi?

So, you lied. *edit* "also very rich coming from some who claims woman only disparage other woman because men make them do it."

When clearly by your own repost of my actual words there is no "only". Admit you erred or you proved yourself a liar.

BTW, without the "only" your claims is invalid. No wonder you don't want to admit it.