Do you like feminism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 06:17 AM
RE: Do you like feminism?
(08-05-2016 01:51 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 01:44 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  As you wish Feminazi it is!

There is no "only" in my sentence. Give evidence that there is, if you're not lying.

There was no "only" in your sentence. My problem with feminism is that there are some very loud ones out there that blame everything on men. I don't know if it is "daddy issues" or just that they hate all men for no reason. There are probably some loud feminists out there that would even blame men for

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 06:28 AM
Women can get any job they want. If they don't get in, because they are maybe too small and not strong enough to say carry a 200 pound person they sue to get the job. Power in lawsuits. Now try to get a job in childcare of any kind being a man. The feminazis will scream that you must be a pedophile, because why the hell else would you want a job like that? And that all child care is a woman's job. As long as that is in the work place. If it is at home, then you better care for your kid. As you wouldn't want to keep your woman down.
09-05-2016, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 06:44 AM by ClydeLee.)
(08-05-2016 09:08 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 08:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  My, my, do you think that perhaps this could be due to indoctrination? And the fact that not too long ago it was unthinkable to have female teams? Girls were (and still are to an extent) taught to prance around in frilly dresses while boys get to play. That only started to change recently, there are girl's teams available now. Mixed sex teams are still a ways off...

No. Because this had to start somewhere. Ever notice how young boys will play rough without instruction? Do you think one day humans sat down and decided on what men and women should want, or millions of years of evolution has made us a sexually dimorphic species with different interest and motivations? Because the latter has evidence, the former doesn't. Sorry, but it is not indoctrination, just the nature of an ape.

Also mixed sex teams are stupid for the most part. Most females can't catch up to males in terms of strength. It is why women won't be a part of the NFL or in males UFC.

No, because I've never met a young boy devoted of instruction and grooming raised by no other humans prior to my meeting to know if he'd be play rough. Nor have I met a girl of that notion to know.

As to say, I've never met a Tarzan or mogli so I don't know either way.

This is what I was referring to ehen it sounds like arguments of objective morality because people such as Tomasia make this argument. There isn't evidence had of bushels of people without being raised by human culture, ideas, and stereotyping. This argument will say people think in right/wrong ways all around so it's got to be confirmed true without acknowledging that most cultures from infancy raise the kid to think right/wrong via instruction. Idk the level of detail to how infant boys and girls get treated to know if it matters, but I don't know where never influenced people are at to experience them.

Also, are you trying to inform people or just casually disregard people? What's with the slight strawman qyestoon of oh do you think people sat down one day and decided... okay. I guess derision is the way. I'm sure that since plenty femminists do it it's chill, it's reaching up to them in equality too

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-05-2016, 06:40 AM
@Blackhand293

Women average physical fitness compared to men is completly unrelated to the question of their role in the military. Here is a direct quote from the US marines webstie: «While the military has yet to allow women everywhere their male counterparts are allowed to go...»They are barred on the assumption that they aren't going to make the standards while they obviously, demonstrably can. Are women physically weaker than men on average? Yes, they are, but that doesn't prevent them from doing the job correctly and some to be eexecptionnaly strong, fast. tall, etc. Some police departement SWAT teams and the US marine infantrie corps aren't recruiting women based on their gender no matter their physical performances. They won't even test them before refusing. They consider women as improper for war despite the fact that women in combat zones have never been a liability.

Men have less scholarship only, but they are of much less value. Most of the athlete scholarships are for men sports team, are of much greater value. In fact, the athletic scholarship are valued at about 10 times more important than the most important women scholarship in America: Miss America Pageant scholarship (and don't tell this one isn't a bit sexist).

Women pay less taxes and have more programs dedicated to them because they have lower earnings and average wages and are more vulnerable to poverty. Twice more women then men are requiring food banks. Also, since women are in charge of children too in our society. Helping the women is helping the child more often than not. You wil notice that financial vulnerability links strongly with governement help.

For domestic violence shelter, the main issue is again financement. Most of their financement comes from the public and many men only violence shelter have been closed due to lack of money. Women finance 3 times more charities and NGO (but men give bigger amounts individualy). Of course, most people give money to subject that concerns them. If they have more money its not because there is conspiracy against men or that men are considered less important by society, but because women finance most of the show. This includes men shelters and cancer research.

Women not being required to sign for selective service isn't a priviledge. Its, again, because women are considered inept soldier much like physically handicaped persons. Fighting for you country in time of great need is supposed to be a priviledge and is definetly a source of power(note that the whole thing is probably going to be abolished so there is at least that).

As for men criminal situation I agree with you. This is completly unfare and isn't due to feminism or anything like that though. Its due to the fact that men are faced by prejudice of their own when it comes to crime. The more the group you are identifiable with commits crime the harsher you are judged for that crime. Its completly unjust don't get me wrong, but feminism isn't to blame for this one. Working against prejudice will be necessary to achieve a greater justice.

As for women, men and child rights you have a little bit of a missconception here there (even though your are globably correct). I would suggest you reading this http://amptoons.com/blog/files/Massachus..._Study.htm
According to this survey, men who actively seek child custody obtain joint or primary custody 70% of the time. Furthermore, the tender year doctrine was pushed by Christian feminism school of thought who believe and push for a seperate, but equal style of society. They are very unpopular amongt mainstream feminism since the start of the second wave due to their staunch support for biblical gender role. They were theones who pushed for the tender year doctrine and passed easily because iit fitted nicely in the cultural mold already present.

Men commit more successful suicide because they use more violent method like hanging and gunshots, while women prefer poisonning. Attempt at suicide and bodily mutilation see a little bit more women than men suffering from it. This isn't a treatment difference issues.

As for men and rape cases, this might be true in the US. If its the case, yes, its concerning, but the fact remains that over 70% of all sexual agression (from rape to gropping) are directed at women. While feminist are aware men undereport rape commited against them due to fear of being repressed and re-victimised, its difficult to assess their real level of sexual violence committed against them. Again the representation of men in power has been pointed as problem for reporting crime and distress.In Canada, there is no such thing as rape. All sexual agression are classified under the sexual agression crime and the worst one remain sexual agression by sodomie, a crime that mostly affect gay men according to surveys. Again, feminism has been very critical of tour specific rape culture which includes rape on men and, especially, the shaming of its victims.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
09-05-2016, 06:42 AM
(08-05-2016 07:04 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Finally on the issue of the rights, women, unlike men, don't have the right to pursue any career they want without any respect to their gender. The question of women in combat unit in the infantrie, the heart and soul of any army in the public's eye, and in special forces is hotly debated despite the fact that many women have the skills, the physical capacities and the will to do so.

That's not necessarily true. For instance, the US military has opened its doors to female combat soldiers. However, there have been VERY few takers.

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/milit.../76720656/

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/.../82807418/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world.../81966838/

Also, women have been allowed to try out for high level combat positions by attending Ranger school. Out of all that have tried, many have dropped out of the program. When they were allowed to try again, only two women (and eventually three) out of the many that tried graduated (along with almost 400 men). One source has speculated that they were given special treatment. I'm not sure if this is true. But what's important is that women are now openly allowed to attend the school.

http://www.people.com/article/female-ran...ed-advance

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/chec...er-school/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
09-05-2016, 06:45 AM
(09-05-2016 06:28 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Women can get any job they want. If they don't get in, because they are maybe too small and not strong enough to say carry a 200 pound person they sue to get the job. Power in lawsuits. Now try to get a job in childcare of any kind being a man. The feminazis will scream that you must be a pedophile, because why the hell else would you want a job like that? And that all child care is a woman's job. As long as that is in the work place. If it is at home, then you better care for your kid. As you wouldn't want to keep your woman down.
What about a male prostitute?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-05-2016, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 08:15 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(09-05-2016 06:28 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Women can get any job they want. If they don't get in, because they are maybe too small and not strong enough to say carry a 200 pound person they sue to get the job. Power in lawsuits. Now try to get a job in childcare of any kind being a man. The feminazis will scream that you must be a pedophile, because why the hell else would you want a job like that? And that all child care is a woman's job. As long as that is in the work place. If it is at home, then you better care for your kid. As you wouldn't want to keep your woman down.

Can you hyperbole a little more please? I don't think you got your point across...

Children's toys are still color coded for gender, Toys R' Us and many other retail chains still have a fucking 'pink aisle'. Like it or not, little girls are encouraged to like pink, play house, and otherwise play pretend around domestic work. Girls get baby dolls and boys get action figures. In light of this, is it any wonder that professional child care givers are predominately female? Guess what? I bet the vast majority of soldiers and mechanics are men. Wonder what kind of toys are marketed to them, the kind of stuff they're encouraged to play with? Children's play is very formative.

Children are born into a society that comes prepackaged with certain gender norms and expectations. I'm a feminist in recognizing that many, if not most of them, are arbitrary and outmoded cultural baggage. I have no problem with female soldiers or male nannies. I want people find work they can enjoy. When I'm dealing with a professional, I'm chiefly concerned about their competence, not their gender.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
09-05-2016, 08:09 AM
(09-05-2016 06:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  No, because I've never met a young boy devoted of instruction and grooming raised by no other humans prior to my meeting to know if he'd be play rough. Nor have I met a girl of that notion to know.

Sure, but who say boys remember to play really rough? There isn't anyone who tells boys to play rough, yet they do it. Somethings don't have to be instructed to humans for them to do it, then violent competitive nature of men is one of them.

(09-05-2016 06:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  bushels of people without being raised by human culture, ideas, and stereotyping.

First, it isn't an argument from morality, I am just stating the facts.

Second, I wasn't talking about humans with no culture but humans with one. My point is that men and women are different, and no matter what they culture, there always differences between men and women. Men and women have different hormones and their brains use things differently.

(09-05-2016 06:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  This argument will say people think in right/wrong ways all around so it's got to be confirmed true without acknowledging that most cultures from infancy raise the kid to think right/wrong via instruction.

Well I ain't workin' with right or wrong, just what is.

Even at a young age boys and girls are different. Across cultures the majority of boys prefer trucks and girls dolls, even in feminist countries like sweden.

(09-05-2016 06:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Also, are you trying to inform people or just casually disregard people?

In form, I am a bit insensitive, so if I come across a bit arrogant just know I am trying not to be.

(09-05-2016 06:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What's with the slight strawman qyestoon of oh do you think people sat down one day and decided... okay. I guess derision is the way.

Well I was trying to make a point. My point, that social structures are the result of our biology. The reason why have males dominating certain things while females don't. It is why men are the majority CEOs and the majority homeless at the same time.

(09-05-2016 06:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I'm sure that since plenty femminists do it it's chill, it's reaching up to them in equality too

Well I don't see any feminist refuting them (besides 3)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
09-05-2016, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 08:32 AM by Mittens Deluxe.)
Things I dislike about feminism:
Social justice warriors
-Stupid ideas, including but not limited to;
"micro aggressions"
"rape culture"
"patriarchy"
The fact that modern day feminism can actually be misandry
"objectifying women"
safe spaces
"cultural appropriation"
"trigger warnings"
"check your privilege"
body positive movement

Yes, there's a lot of extremely stupid things, regarding so called "third wave feminism". So much so, that I wouldn't even call that feminism, I'd just call it insanity.

Things I like about feminism:
Historically pro women's rights
pro women's health
pro gay
pro trans
pro multiculturalism
pro race (even though race and culture aren't exclusively women's issues
Heart is in the right place
Believes that gender is a social construct
Believes that culture is blinded by heterosexual norms and heteronormality
Anti mental health discrimination
generally left wing

I'd prefer to just call myself an egalitarian tbh. I mean, that's basically what any self respecting progressive is, is an egalitarian. I mean, there's some fucking stupid things about modern feminism, but tbh I feel more comfortable with wacky social justice warriors than I do fascist pigs.

I really do believe in the concept of heteronormality, in the sense that we live in a culture where stereotypical straight roles are enforced, making homosexuality more of a novelty and more taboo. I really do believe that even in this day and age, homosexuals aren't taken seriously, they're still in stereotypical campy roles in television, most people still have no idea what gay people are actually like. I believe that masculinity is expected of men, in a large part of the world. So yeah, I agree with feminists on that.
[+] 4 users Like Mittens Deluxe's post
09-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Similarly, feminists will demand that there be an equal amount of men and women in cushy executive positions but not mention a single word about doing the same for the shitty, dangerous and back-breaking jobs that are overwhelmingly done by men.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post