Do you listen to music whilst reading books?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Do you listen to music whilst reading books?
I do. And the effect is stunning. The book is so much more awesome when epic/fitting music is played. Like this one time, I was reading about this super powerful creature called the Gaiaphage (which means World Eater in Latin) destroy everything in her path, whilst listening to this

Truly sent chills down my spine

What about you?

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
http://community.tulpa.info/thread-kiahd...-to-tulpas
If Taunav has anything to say, he'll be speaking in []
If Eris has anything to say, she'll be speaking in {}
If you think I'm insane, I don't care
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 11:55 PM
RE: Do you listen to music whilst reading books?
I play games while reading books...

Actually I have a TTS (text to speech) engine read books for me while I play games ...

Want something? Then do something.
05-05-2013, 12:01 AM
May I suggest?

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
05-05-2013, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 12:19 AM by kim.)
I don't know about that word Gaiaphage being latin... that just doesn't look like eat to me... it would be something like comedo or edimus or comedetis or comeda etc.,.
And that World word... Gaia was a Greek goddess -really the personification of Earth.
I'm gonna guess your super powerful creature is an Earth Eater ... most likely a female ... and is Greek rather than latin. Kind of makes that image a little more grizzly. Wink

Now that that's straightened out. I frequently have some kind of music going on while reading - usually something non-intrusive. Sometimes Jazz. Once in a while if the music is too intense, I can't focus on what I'm reading - it just has to be one or the other.

You're high, aren't you? Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-05-2013, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 12:17 AM by My proboscis sucks.)
You serious, I'm only 14! I don't do illegal drugs, for fear of getting caught....jail time does not look good on a resume

Edit: No, the Gaiaphage is closer to a god (although it isn't)...except an evil one (well, I guess all gods are evil, but this one more so)...and it (it's an it) took the embodiment of a human, and it's a female

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
http://community.tulpa.info/thread-kiahd...-to-tulpas
If Taunav has anything to say, he'll be speaking in []
If Eris has anything to say, she'll be speaking in {}
If you think I'm insane, I don't care
05-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Get some Vivaldi - Spring

It is Spring now. And Spring is good for relaxing and getting real good rest.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
05-05-2013, 12:54 AM
(05-05-2013 12:14 AM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  You serious, I'm only 14! I don't do illegal drugs, for fear of getting caught....jail time does not look good on a resume

Ha - you're funny. Tongue I come from a time long ago, when all my 14 year old friends did whatever there was to do so... no biggie.

(05-05-2013 12:14 AM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  No, the Gaiaphage is closer to a god (although it isn't)...except an evil one (well, I guess all gods are evil, but this one more so)...and it (it's an it) took the embodiment of a human, and it's a female

Right, Gaia was a Greek goddess, Earth... I also just looked up that word phage - "words generally end in "phagous", from the Greek phagein meaning "to eat"." Consider I just realized, one of my yogurts has phage in it's name - it's Greek - cool.

The Greek gods/goddesses could get pretty freakin' psycho - this Gaiaphage chick must be pretty badass. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-05-2013, 01:08 AM
Every night when I go to bed, I read while listening to Lounge/Chillout music on my iPod. I usually buy compilations from iTunes and work my way through them. It's a great way to end the day!

If I'm reading during the day at home, I usually turn the satellite TV to the Moodscapes music channel, which plays New Age-type stuff.

Specific artists I sometimes read while listening to: Tangerine Dream, Ray Lynch, Donald Fagen, Enya, George Winston, David Arkenstone, Enigma, Brian Eno.
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist_pilgrim's post
18-07-2013, 05:29 AM
I always listen to music while reading. It depends on the book, but since I mostly dabble in fantasy, I pick folk or classical music or something in between. I often have certain playlist for certain book so later the music reminds me of the adventures I had read about and the experience is enhanced Drooling
My "Lord of the Rings" tune was Symphony No. 3 by Henryk Górecki with the ethereal voice of Dawn Upshaw. Amazing and melanholic.
http://www.pr-controlled.com/pr-controll...ee6VG1YKt5
18-07-2013, 09:30 PM
I dont.
When i read books or watch movies,i shut off my surroundings.
I dont hear shit when im reading

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping