Poll: Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 11:00 PM
RE: Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
I listen to him every week, and through his podcast I now listen to Cognitive Dissonance and The Scathing Atheist (and God Awful Movies). Right now I probably find the latter 2 shows more entertaining only because they have a ton more humor involved and Seth is usually more serious.

I will say Seth took a bit of hit with me when he interviewed Steve Shives. Actually interviewing him I had no problem with, but it was way too softball for me. I also didn't like how flippant he was during the interview about Shives' critics. It was a bit disingenuous.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
23-08-2016, 02:30 PM
I listen to him and God Awful Movies each week. This week he has the guys from The Bible Reloaded on there about their suit against the Christiano Brothers (they made the horrible movie A Matter of Faith).

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2016, 07:57 PM
Religiously. Yes

They are like a life-line for me. I'm surrounded (well, okay, I live with ONE - my husband Big Grin ) by fundamentalist christians. Our adult kids have also adopted the belief, though they no longer live at home. Because pretty much all of my friends were from church (where we have gone for over 25 years), when I left church, I lost contact with almost every friend I had... I know NO ONE "in real life" who admits to being an atheist (or even agnostic), so Seth's videos, podcasts, and books - along with those of other atheists - are the only real support I get these days, as far as beliefs go. And as far as general knowledge in science and history as well. (I am amazed at how much FACTUAL KNOWLEDGE one has to ignore to be fundamentalist/evangelical... I never realized how often I actually CHOSE to be ignorant in order to protect my "faith"!) Gasp Now, looking back, I'm appalled that I could have believed some of the things I did.

I'm very thankful and appreciative of Seth's Youtube videos, podcasts, and books. They have truly changed my life (and much for the better) Bowing

In ancient Egypt, cats were worshipped as gods.... they have never forgotten this
(And yes, that gorgeous creature in my avatar is my very own lovely psycho-kitty-Queen)
11-12-2016, 11:41 PM
I love podcasts and listen to a large variety of topics, depending on my mood and the amount of work (stress) I have Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
11-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Never have. I don't listen to podcasts.
12-12-2016, 11:21 AM
I binge listened to all the TTA podcasts until I got through them and I finished about a year ago. Then I stopped because I also listen to running podcasts and I switched to more of those. Recently, I've been trying to catch up though and I'm currently around June.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
17-12-2016, 10:15 AM
I had never listened to a podcast ever in my life before landing here. I just wanted somewhere to vent because I was so restricted in what I could say or do in my day to day life. I was here for about 3 years before I found myself on a long drive with nothing much to listen to and decided to see what the hell these podcasts were that everyone was always talking about.

The first one I found was the Scathing Atheist. They're still my favorite, and one of the ones I patronize. I got to meet them briefly at the Reason Rally. From there I found Cognitive Dissonance, Atheistically Speaking, TTA, and a few others I frequent.

I listened to everything I could for a large chunk of this year while I was driving back and forth across the country several times.

I listen to SA, Dogma Debate, and CogDis regularly. The others I will listen to if I have time or the topic that week sounds particularly interesting. Seth's usually make it to my list but not always.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
12-03-2017, 12:05 PM
I listen pretty regularly, yes.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
17-08-2017, 02:42 AM
I listen every week, without fail.