Poll: Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
How far have you listened in? The first episodes were very poor audio quality. Seth complained about the encoding rate, and eventually was able to record better audio.

I feel your frustration, but Linux is 1/2 the consumer usage of Mac OS, and it doesn't make sense for Microsoft or Apple to Dev for an open source platform.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2014, 10:43 AM
RE: Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
(27-05-2014 10:32 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  How far have you listened in? The first episodes were very poor audio quality. Seth complained about the encoding rate, and eventually was able to record better audio.

I'm right up to date with the podcasts. I usually listen within the week that they were recorded.
I don't wanna sound like I'm complaining - especially being new in the forums. Just high-lighting the big difference in audio quality between the podcasts and audiobook.
With the amount of bandwidth available to most users these days there really isn't any need for blogtalk to use such severe compression in their audio encodes.

Despite all that - the podcasts are completely 'listenable' and I enjoy almost every one of them. :-)
[+] 1 user Likes farcus's post
27-05-2014, 04:50 PM
(26-05-2014 09:21 PM)farcus Wrote:  The difference in audio quality between the podcast and audio book is night and day.
I assume the audio book was recorded in Seth's home studio where he does the podcasts. It would be great if they could up the bitrate on their encodes or if Blogtalk radio had an option to use aac encoding instead of mp3 which would give a better quality at a lower bitrate.
well,i'm glad he doesn't.
I won't strain my heavily used dataplan and download aroind 50 mb just to listen to seth talk for an hour.
Oe if podcastradio will support higher bitrates,as long as seth keeps his show in the lower quality available as well.
Or aac encoding would be an option.

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
27-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Not like I used too. But I when I do start up again I listen to all of them in a row. I think I might call in one day. Consider

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
27-05-2014, 07:01 PM
I listen to every podcast, usually on my iPod.
27-05-2014, 08:45 PM
I've never listened to even one. Weeping
What the hell is wrong with me ?
(a podcast virgin)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

27-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Its one of about 4 podcasts I follow regularly. (My favourite however is Cognitive Dissonance)

On a side note. Damn the OP is sexy. Big Grin

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
27-05-2014, 08:56 PM
I've not listened in a couple of weeks.

I am listening to science and history podcasts these days. I do enjoy The scathing atheist mostly. I like the attitude.

Seth is very polite to theists. But I don't share the love. I have difficulty respecting theists of any stripe. Deep down I consider them all dumb arses.

I was never a theist. Cannot even imagine it??? Blink

Recently suffered loss of intelligence. Had little to begin with! I should not miss it.
27-05-2014, 09:14 PM
(27-05-2014 08:56 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I've not listened in a couple of weeks.

I am listening to science and history podcasts these days. I do enjoy The scathing atheist mostly. I like the attitude.

Seth is very polite to theists. But I don't share the love. I have difficulty respecting theists of any stripe. Deep down I consider them all dumb arses.

I was never a theist. Cannot even imagine it??? Blink

Yeah. That irritates me too. Hes too nice sometimes.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
27-05-2014, 09:20 PM
There are a few callers that call - a lot - and I have gotten bored with the time given them. A couple topics have left me cold, so I just delete them. But I do at least check out all of them.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF