Poll: Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
Well, I know this will surprise you, but I have never listened to any of the podcasts or watched any of the videos. Crazy, isn't it...

I bet you weren't expecting that! Oh how exciting this is!

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 02:20 PM
(28-01-2013 02:10 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Well, I know this will surprise you, but I have never listened to any of the podcasts or watched any of the videos. Crazy, isn't it...

I bet you weren't expecting that! Oh how exciting this is!
Somebody hold me! I think I'm about to faint...

[Image: fainting-woman4.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
28-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Yes, definitely. I browse the forum a few times a month, but listen to each podcast as soon as it is posted.
A huge Thank You for the site and your content.
10-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Does anyone have ideas on why there is such a small intersection between users of the forum and podcast listeners?
Perhaps because it takes less effort to listen than to start an interesting thread, or participate in one?

I am an admittedly last lurker here.
14-02-2013, 09:58 AM
(10-02-2013 07:44 PM)closet.atheist Wrote:  Does anyone have ideas on why there is such a small intersection between users of the forum and podcast listeners?
Perhaps because it takes less effort to listen than to start an interesting thread, or participate in one?

I am an admittedly last lurker here.

An hypothesis...

We are already convinced and getting on with our evil atheistic lives? No need for affirmation, perhaps.
Smile

But I do catch up as often as I can. It's not a good time of day to hear it live.

btw... Did we hear the dulcet tones of Phaedrus this week? I am told we did.

A confident contribution, I thought.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what I, or autocorrect, did I to my last sentence.

I don't listen to the podcast to be convinced of anything; it's more like a comfortable hangout that I listen to whenever I feel like playing it back. But I found that first rather than this forum.

I'm struggling to find a reason for participating in the forum myself. I'm not in need of de-conversion or debating info. I thought I'd drop in and see if anything interesting was going on. Not a slam, just saying that given one hour to spend, I'd probably do the podcast first.

The forum offers interaction rather than a listening experience. I will still listen more than post until I think I have something worth saying.

Thanks to those who create the threads and keep the going...
18-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Podcasts? I haven't left the forums..... seriously.
18-02-2013, 01:19 AM
Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
I've listened to about 6 of them on the drive home. They are almost the exact right length for my drive. However, after listening to 1 or 2 I feel a need for music on the next drive. I haven't yet reached a point where I can go for very long without music on my drive.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
02-03-2013, 06:04 PM
I find it on Youtube, and listen to it while playing an online game. The podcasts I like I download into my Itunes library.

~When our species is a chalkboard of bad and a tiny line of good, I find it very hard to desire it's survival.~
12-03-2013, 08:50 PM
I usually listen live. Tuesdays are my busy days, and it's nice to come home and chill with Seth. I sometimes do some work in my art journals while I listen.

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss