Poll: Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
I think I've watched part of one, that is all. I usually watch the atheist experience on youtube though.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2013, 01:30 PM
I have listened to several podcasts from The Thinking Athiest on my home computer. Other than that, no. But I am trying to download them to my cheap, Huawei phone so I can listen when I deliver newspapers at night. When I try to download them to BeyondPod (which I uploaded for this purpose), I get something about "RSS" feeds. I am obviously not too tech savy. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I have searched Youtube for the basics and haven't found anything.
21-03-2013, 01:53 PM
I have a long comuteto work so I listen to many podcasts in the car, including TTA.

Time travel means never having to say you will have been going to be sorry.
22-03-2013, 08:56 AM
No. Came here to run my neck, being a prophet and all. Big Grin

Seen some vids though, especially those narrated by Julie - who sounds delicious. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm interested in checking these out but is there a way to get a podcast onto my ipod?
22-03-2013, 02:46 PM
(22-03-2013 02:11 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I'm interested in checking these out but is there a way to get a podcast onto my ipod?

Yes. If iPod Touch, download the podcast app from Apple. If older generation iPod, use iTunes to grab them and load them.
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
22-03-2013, 02:48 PM
(22-03-2013 08:56 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  No. Came here to run my neck, being a prophet and all. Big Grin

Seen some vids though, especially those narrated by Julie - who sounds delicious. Big Grin

Blasphemy! What would Gwynneth say?? (WWGS?)

Edit: Lol! Great! Now I have the South Park song stuck in my head with Brian Boytano's name replaced by Gwynneth Paltrow!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
22-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Thank you Cardinal Smurf! Thumbsup

I managed to figure it out. I love Apple hardware but really do despise iTunes. What a PITA! I'm an old school files and folders guy. I guess I just needed a little nudge in the right direction.

I chose episode #89, pretty much at random and will give it a listen tonight. I was looking for #100 but didn't see it. I think that might be a good one to get me up to speed.

Looking for recommendations for episodes. Let's see if you people can get me hooked.
23-03-2013, 11:30 AM
I listened to my first podcast last night (#89) and really enjoyed it! Seth was outstanding!

My only complaint is the audio quality. It sounded as though everything was miked and recorded properly but then put through a meat grinder to encode it to mp3. This is a common problem with podcasts and it annoys the shit outta me. If not for the quality of the content I would have bailed after 2 minutes. Still looking for recommendations and hoping for better audio on subsequent episodes

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
23-03-2013, 12:48 PM
(23-03-2013 11:30 AM)Heathen Wrote:  I listened to my first podcast last night (#89) and really enjoyed it! Seth was outstanding!

My only complaint is the audio quality. It sounded as though everything was miked and recorded properly but then put through a meat grinder to encode it to mp3. This is a common problem with podcasts and it annoys the shit outta me. If not for the quality of the content I would have bailed after 2 minutes. Still looking for recommendations and hoping for better audio on subsequent episodes

I've always been disappointed in the audio quality. But when you think about it, if it were any higher quality and still > 1 hour it would be really big, take much longer to download, and take up eve more space on our devices.

I do wish there were a way to get better sound quality at that compression level though. Perhaps it's the codex being used.