Poll: Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
Blog Talk Radio

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Do you listen to the podcasts regularly?
(23-03-2013 09:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Blog Talk Radio

Vielen dank!
27-03-2013, 12:20 PM
I've now listened to about a half dozen podcasts and I thought that I should return here. I was a bit harsh about the audio quality and I still stand by that, but I HAVE gotten used to it. The content really is outstanding and I'm enjoying it immensely. I didn't want to leave a bad impression that might turn people off.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 2 users Like Heathen's post
05-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Most of the time. Some topics haven't been of particular interest to me. But Seth's podcast is one of the best on the Internet in any field, despite the sound issues. The host and topics trump the "tin cans connected by a string" fidelity by a mile.
06-04-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm at work when the podcasts usually air, but yes I do listen to them regularly. I drive quite a bit so I download them from iTunes and listen while I drive. I actually called in to a show last June Smile.

Semper requiremus veritatis.
12-04-2013, 04:46 PM
(23-01-2013 10:41 PM)bhamfree Wrote:  As the title asks. Do you listen to the podcasts regularly? I for one do. I listen every week at work. How about you?

Tell us what you are getting out of it?

Reinforcing your contempt for theists, or compelling your sympathies for them???

Are you learning how to participate in communion with other atheists, or how to organize political opposition to theists?

Are you learning a better rendition of the social contract theory, or upholding the gratitude for the two hundred-year-old document that is supposed to be the greatest organizational charter ever written, while beating the dead horse about the two thousand-year-old social organizational chartering system???

When are we going to move on?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
12-04-2013, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 11:54 PM by Heathen.)
You don't sound serious but I'll answer anyway. Perhaps I can convince you to give the podcasts a listen. Rolleyes

Sure, there is a certain amount of reinforcement of my beliefs. Humans do tend to enjoy that and I'm no exception. Sympathy for theists? Well, I wouldn't put it quite that way. Understanding and a level of acceptance in a non-condescending way is perhaps is a better way to say it. If you've ever listened to Seth you will know what I mean by that. Political opposition? No, I haven't heard much of that. A few guest have touched on it though. Gratitude for a 2000 year old document? No, not at all. Mostly very good well reasoned discussions about why it's a load of crap. There have been guests on the show who hold the opposite view who have been permitted plenty of time to speak but I didn't find them at all convincing. Also I enjoy the guests and the callers who bring up a good variety of subject matter and differing points of view. Oh, and the shows can also be quite funny at times. Mostly the show causes me to think a little more about subjects that I find both interesting and important. You really should try a few. I would be happy to recommend some if you like.

(12-04-2013 04:46 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  When are we going to move on?

Now it's your turn. Move on from what?
---
Edit: Never mind. I just noticed your post here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid288995

I'm new around here and I didn't realize I was responding to a dick. (although I was suspicious)

And I'm no longer interested in where you want to move on to.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 3 users Like Heathen's post
06-06-2013, 04:22 PM
I have a few of his podcasts on my Ipod that I still listen to while I am pedaling my bike around.

Greetings carbon-based bipeds. - Arthur Clarke
The stars died so you could be here today. - Lawrence Krauss
Mathematics is the language of nature. - Lawrence Krauss
I care to live only to entice people to look at Nature's loveliness. - John Muir
06-06-2013, 04:31 PM
All of the topics don't interest me on the same level.

I do really like learning about other religious beliefs that I didn't grow up in or around. I was pretty much surrounded by Catholics and the occasional JW. It's interesting to me the many differences in the different flavors of the believers in Christ...you would think things would be more standard if it's supposed to be the absolute word.

Obviously it isn't or there wouldn't be so many variations of doctrine.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-06-2013, 02:59 AM
working my way through them all atm during work, (whilst driving A to B).