Do you live dangerously?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2016, 01:37 PM
RE: Do you live dangerously?
Well I do occasions eat things labeled dangerously hot or dangerously cheesy, so I think so

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Yesterday I put on my big ole winter boots on the wrong foot. It was terrifying. Unsure

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-12-2016, 03:02 PM
I've done some pretty crazy stuff on occasion.
28-12-2016, 03:23 PM
(28-12-2016 06:08 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Yeah!

I eat and drink things that advice about cardiac disease, diabetes and gout say I should not. But I enjoy doing do, in moderation.

I do not do enough exercise, got to maintain my reputation for being a lazy bugger!

That is how I have lasted a lot longer than I should have, statistically, unlike some I have known, with lesser problems, who seemed to die of boredom.

Gloucester,

Some doctors say that staying in bed is the most dangerous thing we can do. Confused

D.
28-12-2016, 03:26 PM
(28-12-2016 01:18 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 08:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  When my good friend Jim died of leukemia when he was only in his 30s, he said to me:

"It just isn't fair. I eat right, exercise, I did everything right. You eat what you want, drink what you want, smoke what you want and just generally ignore your health, and I have to die now while you probably live for ever.

He was right, life isn't fair. You can better your chances at a few extra years by living for physical health. Jim was successful - he didn't have a heart attack or stroke, nor many other things you can get from living dangerously.

Me, I'm hoping for that massive heart attack some day (although I take my blood pressure meds). Massive heart attacks are quick...many, like my dad's, so fast that you are never aware...

For me, it's not about tacking a few extra years on when your body is already failing you in so many ways. For me it's about a life well lived and enjoyed, and a painless death.

So, yes, I live dangerously. So do you, even if you "do everything right".

No, you do not really want a heart attack unless it kills you before you even realise what is happening!

I think I had two, or one in two parts. I still remember the incredible pain, cold sweat literally dripping off my hands when I staggered into the loo and dumped everything in my digestive system.

I had no idea what was happening, totally confused, dizzy and feeling like I had been shot in the chest. I almost crawled back to sort of lie on the bed and then passed out.

Only to have it all happen again about 3 hours later.

I managed to get my neighbour to take me to the hospital, took every bit of determination I possesed to make thst phone call and get trousers and a sweat shirt on. I made it to ER reception before collapsing again.

No, you do not want anything like that. Better a nice aortic aneurism or a swift dose of ventricular tachycardia or fibrillation. Then you just feel a bit dizzy and . . .

No pain at all.

(Had the ventricular tachy, seven times, my implant stopped it before it made me at least brain damaged - I think...)

Wow, that sounds horrible and definitely isn't massive enough.

My dad's death certificate says heart attack. He crawled into bed, snuggled up to mom, remarked how nice and cozy it felt, breathed out and was dead.

That is about as good as it gets....

Anyway, back to talking about living dangerously.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-12-2016, 03:28 PM
(28-12-2016 10:10 AM)jennybee Wrote:  ..."swimming with sharks"...

jennybee,

I hadn't thought of you as a Republican. Wink

D.
28-12-2016, 03:42 PM
(28-12-2016 03:23 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 06:08 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Yeah!

I eat and drink things that advice about cardiac disease, diabetes and gout say I should not. But I enjoy doing do, in moderation.

I do not do enough exercise, got to maintain my reputation for being a lazy bugger!

That is how I have lasted a lot longer than I should have, statistically, unlike some I have known, with lesser problems, who seemed to die of boredom.

Gloucester,

Some doctors say that staying in bed is the most dangerous thing we can do. Confused

D.
I knew thst, but suffering from shock does things to you mind and your pulse rate is either way up or down, BP possibky up, unless there is reduced hesrt function . . .

Basically you are not really capable of coherent action, all I wanted was for the pain to go away. Strangely though (but typical of me) I mentally noted the time!

Yup, now I would get a person into the reclined-with-knees-raised podition if possible, laid down with knees or legs raised if not.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
28-12-2016, 04:32 PM
One time I ate my steak medium rare.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
28-12-2016, 04:34 PM
(28-12-2016 03:28 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 10:10 AM)jennybee Wrote:  ..."swimming with sharks"...

jennybee,

I hadn't thought of you as a Republican. Wink

D.

Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
28-12-2016, 04:48 PM
I had roast prime rib with all the trimmings on Xmas. Then I had seconds. Shocking

Then I had Xmas cookies. My shortbread cookies have a half tablespoon of butter in each one. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post