Poll: Did you support his run for president or not, and, what would you like to see happen with his presidency now?
I supported him and I hope he serves TWO full terms!
I supported him and I see no reason he shouldn't serve out this one term.
I supported him but I've seen and heard enough to want him impeached ASAP.
I did not support him but I hope he serves TWO full terms!
I did not support him but I see no reason he shouldn't serve out this one term.
I did not support him and I've seen and heard enough to want him impeached ASAP.
[Show Results]

Do you mind being polled on your support for Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2017, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2017 07:04 PM by DLJ.)
Do you mind being polled on your support for Trump?
What I'm curious to know is did you support his run for president or not, and, what would you like to see happen with his presidency now?

I'd like to make it anonymous and one choice only. But if none of these comes close perhaps you'd like to explain your position?

1) I supported him and I hope he serves TWO full terms!
2) I supported him and I see no reason he shouldn't serve out this one term.
3) I supported him but I've seen and heard enough to want him impeached ASAP.
4) I did not support him but I hope he serves TWO full terms!
5) I did not support him but I see no reason he shouldn't serve out this one term.
6) I did not support him and I've seen and heard enough to want him impeached ASAP.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
26-07-2017, 12:59 PM
RE: Dos you mind being polled on your support for Trump?
(26-07-2017 12:54 PM)whateverist Wrote:  What I'm curious to know is did you support his run for president or not, and, what would you like to see happen with his presidency now?

I'd like to make it anonymous and one choice only. But if none of these comes close perhaps you'd like to explain your position?

1) I supported him and I hope he serves TWO full terms!
2) I supported him and I see no reason he shouldn't serve out this one term.
3) I supported him but I've seen and heard enough to want him impeached ASAP.
4) I did not support him but I hope he serves TWO full terms!
5) I did not support him but I see no reason he shouldn't serve out this one term.
6) I did not support him and I've seen and heard enough to want him impeached ASAP.

6 is the closest to me. He needs to do something impeachable (by law and not by emotion). He is very unlikely to get their with the present congress even then. Drinking Beverage

My main fear is that Pence takes over when if he goes. Pence is not as stupid and will do more damage if he has the congress as it is.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
26-07-2017, 01:01 PM
My sense is most people here are not satisfied with Trump's performance as president and I suspect others are leaning toward impeachment. I voted I'm ready to impeach now .. but actually that assumes the many things one hears are true. Regardless, he is such a horrible human being that I'd like him gone ASAP by whatever means necessary. Pence is no prize but he isn't as blatantly unpredictable and dangerous as the Donald.

Edited to add that of course I didn't support the scumbag.

[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
26-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Impeaching is not the solution now. He needs to be made impotent and fluttering in the wind until next election and hopefully then we will see more dems in the house and congress.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
26-07-2017, 01:04 PM
(26-07-2017 01:01 PM)whateverist Wrote:  My sense is most people here are not satisfied with Trump's performance as president and I suspect others are leaning toward impeachment. I voted I'm ready to impeach now .. but actually that assumes the many things one hears are true. Regardless, he is such a horrible human being that I'd like him gone ASAP by whatever means necessary. Pence is no prize but he isn't as blatantly unpredictable and dangerous as the Donald.

I'd love to impeach him but I want it a good charge that will hold up.

I agree with you that Pence is more predictable but also much more politically suave and I fear will get more pushed through that will hurt those least able to absorb it.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
26-07-2017, 01:06 PM
(26-07-2017 01:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  Impeaching is not the solution now. He needs to be made impotent and fluttering in the wind until next election and hopefully then we will see more dems in the house and congress.

That wouldn't be a bad outcome so long as he doesn't do too much damage with all the bells and whistles at his disposal.

26-07-2017, 01:22 PM
All I can say is that I did not support him or vote for him, and I still do not support him. But I suspect that Pence would do more damage, and although this may sound like heresy to my fellow Democrats, I'm not sure that a Democratic President and Congress would be any better for the country. I'm starting to get fed up with both parties, and there doesn't seem to be any real hope of getting an independent into the White House.

What do I want? Whatever is best for the country -- but I'm no longer sure what that would be.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
26-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Is "impeached with a bullet" going too far?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
26-07-2017, 01:51 PM
(26-07-2017 01:43 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Is "impeached with a bullet" going too far?

Yes -- because if it's acceptable for us to do that, it's equally acceptable for Trump's supporters to do it when and if we get someone in office that we like better. If the US still is a great country, part of what makes it great is that we don't do things like "impeaching with a bullet". If we descend to that level, we've already lost.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
26-07-2017, 01:57 PM
(26-07-2017 01:06 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 01:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  Impeaching is not the solution now. He needs to be made impotent and fluttering in the wind until next election and hopefully then we will see more dems in the house and congress.

That wouldn't be a bad outcome so long as he doesn't do too much damage with all the bells and whistles at his disposal.

Pence may do more damage - he is rabid religious and otherwise seems rational. More effective by far.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post