Poll: Did you support his run for president or not, and, what would you like to see happen with his presidency now?
I supported him and I hope he serves TWO full terms!
I supported him and I see no reason he shouldn't serve out this one term.
I supported him but I've seen and heard enough to want him impeached ASAP.
I did not support him but I hope he serves TWO full terms!
I did not support him but I see no reason he shouldn't serve out this one term.
I did not support him and I've seen and heard enough to want him impeached ASAP.
[Show Results]

Do you mind being polled on your support for Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2017, 03:58 AM
RE: Do you mind being polled on your support for Trump?
(27-07-2017 03:29 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Politics is complicated and anyone pretending all the people that voted Trump are racists are being dishonest or downright childish.

I think most people get that. What's undeniable though is:
  • Trump himself is racist.
  • A large and vocal chunk of America is also racist, and is delighted to find that it's OK to be racist as long as you say something like "I'm not really racist, I'm just tired of being PC".
  • Trump's election victory gave those people a licence to partaaay! And every other far right wingnut got a boost too.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
27-07-2017, 04:29 AM
Nope.

I don't mind. Go ahead.

Smile

27-07-2017, 07:47 AM
(27-07-2017 03:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 03:29 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Politics is complicated and anyone pretending all the people that voted Trump are racists are being dishonest or downright childish.

I think most people get that. What's undeniable though is:
  • Trump himself is racist.
  • A large and vocal chunk of America is also racist, and is delighted to find that it's OK to be racist as long as you say something like "I'm not really racist, I'm just tired of being PC".
  • Trump's election victory gave those people a licence to partaaay! And every other far right wingnut got a boost too.

Plus, let's not forget that Republicans had 16 other choices in the primaries besides Trump. The fact that they did vote for Trump means they likely believed what he told them, which was their biggest mistake. They were taken in, because Trump lied to them repeatedly and they could have verified the facts anywhere along the line.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
27-07-2017, 08:22 AM
(26-07-2017 02:32 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 01:43 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Is "impeached with a bullet" going too far?

Pathetic. Obama did 8 years and was hated by conservatives, most of which are gun owners.

Yes, it was pathetic how you guys acted his entire 8 years.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
27-07-2017, 10:12 AM
(26-07-2017 10:40 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 01:04 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I'd love to impeach him but I want it a good charge that will hold up.

I agree with you that Pence is more predictable but also much more politically suave and I fear will get more pushed through that will hurt those least able to absorb it.

I'm not so sure he's politically "suave". He misread the tea-leaves in his own state on more than one occasion. I think a Pence Presidency would be scary because as an empty suit, he would do the bidding of Congressmen who've been around the block and know how to manage painless insertions. They'd bend him over and fuck him in no time flat, and he'd enjoy the cigarette afterwards mindless of his utility as a tool.

Trump accomplishes two things: he divides the conservatives, hamstringing their short-term goals; and he tarnishes the brand. Let him stay in office, stoking his stupid controversies, and come 2018, let Republican candidates state their position on him to the voters.

I still think he'd do a better job advancing things and that is my concern. He did mess up but he also gotten this far and will appear far more sane than the Oompah Lumpah in Chief!

Nice Lifeson avatar by the way! Thumbsup

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
27-07-2017, 10:48 AM
(27-07-2017 10:12 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 10:40 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm not so sure he's politically "suave". He misread the tea-leaves in his own state on more than one occasion. I think a Pence Presidency would be scary because as an empty suit, he would do the bidding of Congressmen who've been around the block and know how to manage painless insertions. They'd bend him over and fuck him in no time flat, and he'd enjoy the cigarette afterwards mindless of his utility as a tool.

Trump accomplishes two things: he divides the conservatives, hamstringing their short-term goals; and he tarnishes the brand. Let him stay in office, stoking his stupid controversies, and come 2018, let Republican candidates state their position on him to the voters.

I still think he'd do a better job advancing things and that is my concern. He did mess up but he also gotten this far and will appear far more sane than the Oompah Lumpah in Chief!

That's very much my concern, sure. Trump being so much more internally divisive, it means that the Republicans have hamstrung themselves. Pence would certainly accomplish more, and given his/their agenda, that is not a good thing.

(27-07-2017 10:12 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Nice Lifeson avatar by the way! Thumbsup

Thanks. I love the doubleneck in that shot. The last time I saw them, in 92, he broke that out for "Xanadu", which is one of my favorites from them. Looks like that's the song he's playing in that shot, too -- the Bsus4 in the strumming before the verses.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-07-2017, 10:48 AM
How about didn't vote don't care.
27-07-2017, 11:16 AM
(27-07-2017 10:48 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  How about didn't vote don't care.

Oh my gosh, how absolutely dreamy of you! You're just like James Dean, such a dark, brooding stud! Saying stuff like this must make all the girls swoon over you.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 2 users Like Vivian Darkbloom's post
27-07-2017, 11:19 AM
(27-07-2017 11:16 AM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  

Oh my gosh, how absolutely dreamy of you! You're just like James Dean, such a dark, brooding stud! Saying stuff like this must make all the girls swoon over you.

All the guys in this case. But otherwise, pretty much yeah Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
27-07-2017, 12:42 PM

How about bend over and smile?
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post