Poll: Did you support his run for president or not, and, what would you like to see happen with his presidency now?
I supported him and I hope he serves TWO full terms!
I supported him and I see no reason he shouldn't serve out this one term.
I supported him but I've seen and heard enough to want him impeached ASAP.
I did not support him but I hope he serves TWO full terms!
I did not support him but I see no reason he shouldn't serve out this one term.
I did not support him and I've seen and heard enough to want him impeached ASAP.
[Show Results]

Do you mind being polled on your support for Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2017, 08:13 AM
RE: Do you mind being polled on your support for Trump?
(27-07-2017 10:48 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  How about didn't vote don't care.

If you didn't vote, then it just confirms the mediocrity of your intellectual prowess.

[Image: nonvotersapprove_590_428.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
28-07-2017, 12:10 PM
7. "I did not support him, see an abundance of reasons he shouldn't serve out even one term, but think it's best that he does serve out the one term because the alternatives are worse."

He was the worst Presidential candidate ever.
He is the worst President ever.
He will do serious damage to this country during his 1 term.
His narcissism and incompetence will limit that damage more than would be the case with alternatives like Pence.
The longer he stays in, the more guaranteed Democrats are of victory in 2020.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
28-07-2017, 12:21 PM
(28-07-2017 12:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  The longer he stays in, the more guaranteed Democrats are of victory in 2020.

This is where I think democrats need to be careful. Counting their chickens got them into this mess. Politics in America right now is very unpredictable and you guys need to be aware that Trump is a leader who *will* crash the ship so long as that means he still gets to drive. It can't all be pinned on him too, there are a number of powerful figures attempting to ride the tiger. Look at DRC if you want an example of a country that had a functioning government which was ruined by corrupt officials and the ego of one man, Mobutu Sese Seko. It will not be an easy thing, even if by all that's reasonable it should be, to pry voters away from the Republican party.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
28-07-2017, 12:45 PM
(28-07-2017 12:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  This is where I think democrats need to be careful. Counting their chickens got them into this mess.
One the one hand, you are right and I'm certainly not counting my chickens. It will take more than just Trump's record-breaking failures to win, but that will also contribute immensely to setting the stage. (And I agree, it's not just Trump who is responsible.) But, on the other hand, that's just it. Counting chickens made a large contribution to Trump's victory last November and I do believe those people are getting a rude awakening now. And I also believe it won't take much else to get those people to the polls in great numbers next time.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
28-07-2017, 01:01 PM
The discontent that lead to Trump's victory is still present. Heck, maybe a 3rd party will have a chance.

Meh, who am I kidding? We're gonna vote for whoever spends the most money influencing our weak minds just like we usually do.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
28-07-2017, 01:28 PM
(28-07-2017 12:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  7. "I did not support him, see an abundance of reasons he shouldn't serve out even one term, but think it's best that he does serve out the one term because the alternatives are worse."

He was the worst Presidential candidate ever.
He is the worst President ever.
He will do serious damage to this country during his 1 term.
His narcissism and incompetence will limit that damage more than would be the case with alternatives like Pence.

No real disagreement with any of that

Quote:The longer he stays in, the more guaranteed Democrats are of victory in 2020.

I think the 2018 and 2020 elections are the Democrat's to lose but they can easily do that. The bar is pretty low but by running another candidate that is disliked by the independents as much as Clinton they could shoot themselves in the foot.

If they can find anybody who is halfway reasonable, qualified, competent, and likable then they should walk away with it. I don't know that they have anybody.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
28-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Don't underestimate the propaganda machine behind the republicans.
It's powerful and has a seemingly endless supply of $$.

And this stuff is also happening, which doesn't seem like a big deal, but really, really is.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...v-stations

This is how you reach middle America. Buy up local stations and then bias all of the news.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
28-07-2017, 01:56 PM
(28-07-2017 01:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I think the 2018 and 2020 elections are the Democrat's to lose but they can easily do that. The bar is pretty low but by running another candidate that is disliked by the independents as much as Clinton they could shoot themselves in the foot.

If they can find anybody who is halfway reasonable, qualified, competent, and likable then they should walk away with it. I don't know that they have anybody.

They have several possibilities. The problem with the Party is that the People Who Run Things want one of their cronies as the candidate, and go out of their way to stop the outsiders from getting the nomination. Barack Obama defied them when they told him to "wait his turn", and won. Hillary Clinton was helped by party heads and superdelegates to a nomination, and lost. Think the Party will learn from this? My cynical side says "no" - but I could stand to be surprised.

One candidate I might support: Congressman Seth Moulton. Could he get the nomination? Only if he can do an Obama and succeed in spite of the Party.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2...ile-215428

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
28-07-2017, 02:12 PM
(28-07-2017 01:56 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  One candidate I might support: Congressman Seth Moulton. Could he get the nomination? Only if he can do an Obama and succeed in spite of the Party.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2...ile-215428

Why not? That's exactly what Trump did. The Republican establishment was dead-set against him, and he thumbed his nose at them and won the primary and then the election. I don't see why the same thing couldn't happen with the Democrats. You just need someone who resonates with a sufficiently large number of voters (although it also helps to have a weak splintered field of candidates opposing you).
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
28-07-2017, 02:17 PM
(28-07-2017 01:39 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Don't underestimate the propaganda machine behind the republicans.
It's powerful and has a seemingly endless supply of $$.

And this stuff is also happening, which doesn't seem like a big deal, but really, really is.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...v-stations

This is how you reach middle America. Buy up local stations and then bias all of the news.

True enough. though I wouldn't distinguish between the Republicans and Democrats when it comes to the propaganda game. They've both mastered it.

In a sense, the one good thing that came out of this election was proof that you can spend less money and win. Though we're still talking about one astronomical sum compared to another slightly lower astronomical sum.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post