Poll: Did you support his run for president or not, and, what would you like to see happen with his presidency now?
I supported him and I hope he serves TWO full terms!
I supported him and I see no reason he shouldn't serve out this one term.
I supported him but I've seen and heard enough to want him impeached ASAP.
I did not support him but I hope he serves TWO full terms!
I did not support him but I see no reason he shouldn't serve out this one term.
I did not support him and I've seen and heard enough to want him impeached ASAP.
[Show Results]

Do you mind being polled on your support for Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2017, 02:45 PM
RE: Do you mind being polled on your support for Trump?
(28-07-2017 01:56 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 01:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I think the 2018 and 2020 elections are the Democrat's to lose but they can easily do that. The bar is pretty low but by running another candidate that is disliked by the independents as much as Clinton they could shoot themselves in the foot.

If they can find anybody who is halfway reasonable, qualified, competent, and likable then they should walk away with it. I don't know that they have anybody.

They have several possibilities. The problem with the Party is that the People Who Run Things want one of their cronies as the candidate, and go out of their way to stop the outsiders from getting the nomination. Barack Obama defied them when they told him to "wait his turn", and won. Hillary Clinton was helped by party heads and superdelegates to a nomination, and lost. Think the Party will learn from this? My cynical side says "no" - but I could stand to be surprised.

One candidate I might support: Congressman Seth Moulton. Could he get the nomination? Only if he can do an Obama and succeed in spite of the Party.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2...ile-215428

I like this guy! I like his unflinching honesty. But as stated in the article, he's pretty green, politically.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
28-07-2017, 04:13 PM
(28-07-2017 02:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 01:56 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  They have several possibilities. The problem with the Party is that the People Who Run Things want one of their cronies as the candidate, and go out of their way to stop the outsiders from getting the nomination. Barack Obama defied them when they told him to "wait his turn", and won. Hillary Clinton was helped by party heads and superdelegates to a nomination, and lost. Think the Party will learn from this? My cynical side says "no" - but I could stand to be surprised.

One candidate I might support: Congressman Seth Moulton. Could he get the nomination? Only if he can do an Obama and succeed in spite of the Party.

I like this guy! I like his unflinching honesty. But as stated in the article, he's pretty green, politically.

Fuck me, wow I really like that guy too! Thanks for bringing him to my attention Rock, gonna be grabbing his book and keeping an eye on him.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
28-07-2017, 04:36 PM
(28-07-2017 04:13 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 02:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I like this guy! I like his unflinching honesty. But as stated in the article, he's pretty green, politically.

Fuck me, wow I really like that guy too! Thanks for bringing him to my attention Rock, gonna be grabbing his book and keeping an eye on him.

Seth is my congressman and so far I am a fan! Thumbsup

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 5 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
28-07-2017, 04:46 PM
I like him too. I think you are on to something. Well, someone. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-07-2017, 05:01 PM
(28-07-2017 04:36 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 04:13 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Fuck me, wow I really like that guy too! Thanks for bringing him to my attention Rock, gonna be grabbing his book and keeping an eye on him.

Seth is my congressman and so far I am a fan! Thumbsup

Nice! Keep us informed! haha

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
28-07-2017, 06:59 PM
(28-07-2017 01:56 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  One candidate I might support: Congressman Seth Moulton. Could he get the nomination? Only if he can do an Obama and succeed in spite of the Party.

From the article you linked:

Quote:They dismiss Moulton, albeit never for attribution, as gratingly ambitious, a grandstanding backbencher who has advocated for the ouster of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to make way for new, younger standard-bearers—like himself.

And he's right. Oldsters clinging to their positions is stultifying the growth process.

Quote:They see Moulton’s message of country over party as not so much admirable as annoying.

Sickening.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-07-2017, 08:33 PM
(28-07-2017 06:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 01:56 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  One candidate I might support: Congressman Seth Moulton. Could he get the nomination? Only if he can do an Obama and succeed in spite of the Party.

Quote:They dismiss Moulton, albeit never for attribution, as gratingly ambitious, a grandstanding backbencher who has advocated for the ouster of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to make way for new, younger standard-bearers—like himself.

And he's right. Oldsters clinging to their positions is stultifying the growth process.

Quote:They see Moulton’s message of country over party as not so much admirable as annoying.

Sickening.

Moulton is the real deal. Since I live in Mass, I get to hear a lot from and about him. I respect him tremendously and hope he goes on to bigger and better offices.
[+] 6 users Like julep's post
28-07-2017, 08:46 PM
(28-07-2017 06:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

Sickening.

Not sure I agree - in congress there should be some people with many years experience. Experience DOES count for something. That said, some of them should definitely retire. New blood is needed - some of those guys look asleep all the time.

I do like to see younger people in the white house ....but that is just a general observation and I judge each individual on his/her own merits. Age itself should never be the deciding factor.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
28-07-2017, 09:33 PM
It's a higher view now that he's removing some standard gop long time figureheads not that it really is gonna be some new change by him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-07-2017, 10:02 PM
(28-07-2017 08:33 PM)julep Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 06:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  From the article you linked:

Sickening.

Moulton is the real deal. Since I live in Mass, I get to hear a lot from and about him. I respect him tremendously and hope he goes on to bigger and better offices.

I hadn't heard about him before tonight. I sure appreciate y'all bringing him up on the radar.