Do you pretend?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: Do you pretend?
I do have to pretend because my entire family is hardcore fundamentalist Christians. They think I still go to church even though I try to be as vague about it as possible. I haven't been to church in about a year and a half. I pretty much just lie to them because I really don't want to even get into it with them about it. They will never understand so there's no point.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 10:42 AM
(19-12-2016 01:31 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  it even got me bullied and even pushed into my locker once and a book I was reading got torn in two and even though it didn't have anything to do with religion.

If that isn't a perfect illustration of theist/atheist relations I don't know what is.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
20-12-2016, 10:54 AM
(20-12-2016 09:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  Jassus all you guys are so good about never telling a lie Tongue You should try being crooked a bit. Straight arrow life so boring.

I don't think I could make it through a day without some form of deception in regards to what is going on in my head vs the image I want/need society to maintain of me. Religion is just one example. And if everyone were truly being honest with themselves, I think they'd have to admit to putting on a variety of masks depending on the social identity most relevant to their situation.

'Murican Canadian