Poll: Have you read the forum rules?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Do you read your owners manuals or read instructions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: Do you read your owners manuals or read instructions?
If I can look at something and can tell you the steps needed to build the item in question - then no. But -

"It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a packet of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.". -- Douglas Adams. So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Hey, no fair, bait-and-switch!

Thread title says "Do you read your owners manuals or read instructions?" but to poll is "Have you read the forum rules?"

I always read manuals and instructions, but I almost never read rules.
You made me look. Tongue

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
26-09-2017, 12:36 PM
If you make the mistake of reading the IKEA "manual" that comes with your simple flat-pack coffee table, you'll actually have more complications than if you didn't read the thing.

[Image: ikea-2.jpg]

Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
26-09-2017, 12:49 PM
This thread is heresy. Angry
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2017, 12:50 PM
(26-09-2017 12:17 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Hey, no fair, bait-and-switch!

Thread title says "Do you read your owners manuals or read instructions?" but to poll is "Have you read the forum rules?"

I always read manuals and instructions, but I almost never read rules.
You made me look. Tongue

Wait! We have rules? Consider
26-09-2017, 01:11 PM
(26-09-2017 11:46 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Oh wow, I wonder how many microwaves would say this. I've never once used a plate with a popcorn bag. Crazy!

This is the first one that I remember out of the 3 that I've owned over the last 20 years, but this was a cheap microwave and the glass probably isn't the stronger more heat resistant Pyrex type.

(26-09-2017 11:46 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I have read the rules here at TTA and promptly forgot them. Girl_nails

You've encouraged me to read more things... interesting. Thumbsup

You probably forgot them because they make sense & you agreed with them, had you read them and found something you didn't like you wouldn't have joined. I've read other forum rules on other sites and found many of them too restrictive, that's why I'm here.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
26-09-2017, 01:15 PM
(26-09-2017 12:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If I can look at something and can tell you the steps needed to build the item in question - then no. But -

"It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a packet of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.". -- Douglas Adams. So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish.

I personally love the "do not eat" on the silica gel packets, cause somewhere there's someone that thinks that monitors, phones, keyboards, etc... are always shipped with a snack packet. Blink

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 4 users Like unsapien's post
26-09-2017, 01:18 PM
(26-09-2017 01:15 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(26-09-2017 12:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If I can look at something and can tell you the steps needed to build the item in question - then no. But -

I personally love the "do not eat" on the silica gel packets, cause somewhere there's someone that thinks that monitors, phones, keyboards, etc... are always shipped with a snack packet. Blink
Actually, that's because of attorneys.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
26-09-2017, 01:22 PM
Reading manuals is for non-engineers. Drinking Beverage
No challenge at all. Tongue
Of course we are glad to have people around like the OP, who can finally solve the last mysteries of said devices. Blush

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
26-09-2017, 01:23 PM
(26-09-2017 01:18 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(26-09-2017 01:15 PM)unsapien Wrote:  I personally love the "do not eat" on the silica gel packets, cause somewhere there's someone that thinks that monitors, phones, keyboards, etc... are always shipped with a snack packet. Blink
Actually, that's because of attorneys.

Attorneys typically eat them? Why would anybody want to prevent that?
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post