Do you sin less as an athiest?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
18-01-2014, 07:28 AM
RE: Do you sin less as an athiest?
(18-01-2014 06:21 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Since I realized there was no Sky Daddy I now eat babies left and right, yum!

I'm always amazed and disgusted by anyone who asks this question. It just shows what a thin veneer of self restraint they possess. These people scare the beejeezus out of me!
You're scared of people that ask the forum question? I'm confused. I have more self restraint now that I realize I have one chance to make a positive impact on this earth and the lives of others. Unlike before when I thought it would all be fine and dandy when we get to heaven. Did you read my last sentence in the forum opener? In my brief experience atheist tend to be better people than Christians using the christian standard. Irony.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2014, 07:32 AM
(18-01-2014 07:28 AM)bslats Wrote:  You're scared of people that ask the forum question? I'm confused. I have more self restraint now that I realize I have one chance to make a positive impact on this earth and the lives of others. Unlike before when I thought it would all be fine and dandy when we get to heaven. Did you read my last sentence in the forum opener? In my brief experience atheist tend to be better people than Christians using the christian standard. Irony.

Think he mistook you for a theist asking a 'bait' question. Happens a lot...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-01-2014, 07:38 AM
(18-01-2014 07:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 07:28 AM)bslats Wrote:  You're scared of people that ask the forum question? I'm confused. I have more self restraint now that I realize I have one chance to make a positive impact on this earth and the lives of others. Unlike before when I thought it would all be fine and dandy when we get to heaven. Did you read my last sentence in the forum opener? In my brief experience atheist tend to be better people than Christians using the christian standard. Irony.
Thanks mo

Thanks Mo. It always helps if they read the entire question and I will try and be more clear in my wording if I choose to start another forum. "I'm new I don't know what to do!" Joe Dirt
[+] 1 user Likes bslats's post
18-01-2014, 07:57 AM
Re: Do you sin less as an athiest?
I don't sin less than a Buddhist, a Hindu, or a Norseman but I do sin less than a Christian/Jew

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
18-01-2014, 08:02 AM
(18-01-2014 07:57 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't sin less than a Buddhist, a Hindu, or a Norseman but I do sin less than a Christian/Jew
I don't know a lot of Norseman but based on my limited experience I would agree. Reasoning and logic played the biggest roll in my enlightenment but seeing the hypocrisy and fraud in the church certainly helped.
18-01-2014, 08:06 AM
(18-01-2014 07:28 AM)bslats Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 06:21 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Since I realized there was no Sky Daddy I now eat babies left and right, yum!

I'm always amazed and disgusted by anyone who asks this question. It just shows what a thin veneer of self restraint they possess. These people scare the beejeezus out of me!
You're scared of people that ask the forum question? I'm confused. I have more self restraint now that I realize I have one chance to make a positive impact on this earth and the lives of others. Unlike before when I thought it would all be fine and dandy when we get to heaven. Did you read my last sentence in the forum opener? In my brief experience atheist tend to be better people than Christians using the christian standard. Irony.

My response was a general observation and not directed at you - you may stand down.

I've been asked this question several times in the last few years and my standard response is "are you telling me that the only reason you don't ______ (fill in the blank) is because you think you are being watched?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-01-2014, 08:09 AM
(18-01-2014 07:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Hey dog, I appreciate the benefit of the doubt.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-01-2014, 08:16 AM
It was so nice to see this not fucking escalate. (benefit of the doubt, etc.)

Well done. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
18-01-2014, 08:25 AM
I'm here for the support and to have a place I can speak freely among comrades. I certainly don't want to make enemies or cause a ruckus on my first thread. Full circle you bring up a good point. Before my deconversion I think most of my decisions were weighted by guilt more than the fear of being watched.
18-01-2014, 08:42 AM
(18-01-2014 08:25 AM)bslats Wrote:  I'm here for the support and to have a place I can speak freely among comrades. I certainly don't want to make enemies or cause a ruckus on my first thread. Full circle you bring up a good point. Before my deconversion I think most of my decisions were weighted by guilt more than the fear of being watched.

The god-fearing people that have posed this question to me find it incomprehensible that I don't rape and pillage without the fear of celestial retribution. I think in some respects this frightens them to their core because here they have proof (in my actions and life) that gods are unnecessary to be just or moral.

Thus my sig, a clear conscience etc.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post