Do you sin less as an athiest?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
22-01-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: Do you sin less as an athiest?
That's what I get for reading the OP and not reading any of the replies. Deja vu.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Actually, I think you answered it the way the OP intended the first time.

I think the OP was trying to ask if you are a more ethical, kinder, more understanding, etc kind of person or are you a 'finger wagging at others for their choices' person, like many christians do, but a bunch of people got hung up over "S" word and went into "hyper-critical analysis of every single word in post" mode rather than trying to figure out the 'jist' of the question.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
22-01-2014, 11:03 AM
I tried to both address the question of vocabulary (sin) and answer the heart of the original post. From my reading of this thread, I am not the first to do so. But thank you for noticing. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
22-01-2014, 07:33 PM
(22-01-2014 10:40 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Actually, I think you answered it the way the OP intended the first time.

I think the OP was trying to ask if you are a more ethical, kinder, more understanding, etc kind of person or are you a 'finger wagging at others for their choices' person, like many christians do, but a bunch of people got hung up over "S" word and went into "hyper-critical analysis of every single word in post" mode rather than trying to figure out the 'jist' of the question.

Thank you for chiming in. You hit the bulls eye. You were able to summarize my intent more than I was.
22-01-2014, 08:08 PM
I guess it depends.
You ask of number of average modern day christians the same questions you ask me it'll probably come out that I'm not as bad as some, probably better than most (51%).
But you ask these same questions of some Hell-n-Brimstone types, then me and those "average" christians BOTH are destined for hell Undecided

22-01-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm basically the same, depends on what you sin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-01-2014, 06:03 AM
Since I have abandoned religion, sin is not in my vocabulary. I do now and have always done my best to stay inside the law. I think, for me, morality/ethics maybe more in line with the question and maybe just the things we do to keep ourselves "comfortable."

As a Christian I was smug, knew where I was headed, judgmental, insincere, and "everywhere in chains," and everyone liked me. Now, I am much less judgmental, sincere, enjoy the path less trodden, a bit lonely (not everyone likes me), and free to explore the road to autonomy. I believe I am better company now for myself and for those who object to the way I think and why.

I wonder if the dogma of the religious life hinders autonomy? Maybe a thread, uh?

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
23-01-2014, 09:18 AM
(22-01-2014 09:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Or in other words, you're making a correlation fallacy; correlation does not necessarily infer imply causation. They may be related, but no causal.

[Image: GrammarNaziTiny.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user