Do you speak, what any religion is a lie?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
27-11-2016, 02:32 PM
RE: Do you speak, what any religion is a lie?
Any belief system that involves undetectable supernatural entities or unrepeatable, unprovable events should be considered, at best, with a very high degree of scepticism by a rational human,

To accept the above unquestioningly would not appear to indcate a high degree of rational intelligence.

That sone humans have some sort of psychological faculty or need for such a "prop" does appear to be possible. That does not make it real.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
27-11-2016, 02:41 PM
(27-11-2016 01:59 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The proof of theism is made by me, the Martila, with guidance of the Holy Trinity.

Your "proof" is rancid pig shit, and "the Holy Trinity" would make a great name for a trio of strippers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-11-2016, 02:46 PM
(27-11-2016 02:32 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Any belief system that involves undetectable supernatural entities or unrepeatable, unprovable events should be considered, at best, with a very high degree of scepticism by a rational human,

To accept the above unquestioningly would not appear to indcate a high degree of rational intelligence.

That sone humans have some sort of psychological faculty or need for such a "prop" does appear to be possible. That does not make it real.

There is such notion as "hope". Even the perfectly sane people can hope, what there is an afterlife. Correct?
27-11-2016, 02:50 PM
(27-11-2016 02:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(27-11-2016 02:13 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I dunno... that line about Lucy is the best laugh I've had in quite a long time.

Yes, that was amusing, as was the bit about atheism being wrong because it can't be proven from wikipedia but it wasn't the only place he posted that particular bit of drivel....

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1096109

I hope my friends, and even DLJ, will forgive me. They will not see this repeat as a sin.
27-11-2016, 02:57 PM
(27-11-2016 02:50 PM)theBorg Wrote:  I hope my friends, and even DLJ, will forgive me. They will not see this repeat as a sin.

Don't you fucking dare tell us what other people "see." The only reason it isn't a sin is that sin is an imaginary crime against an imaginary entity.

You've been pissing your religious delusions all around the Internet for quite some time now. If you ever had anything to say, you've already said it and repeating it won't make it any more convincing.

(27-11-2016 02:46 PM)theBorg Wrote:  There is such notion as "hope". Even the perfectly sane people can hope, what there is an afterlife. Correct?

Hope is the denial of reality. Hoping for something that is almost certainly physiologically and neurologically impossible is utterly pathetic.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
27-11-2016, 03:05 PM
(27-11-2016 02:57 PM)Astreja Wrote:  ..........
(27-11-2016 02:46 PM)theBorg Wrote:  There is such notion as "hope". Even the perfectly sane people can hope, what there is an afterlife. Correct?

....... Hoping for something that is almost certainly .......

You said the key word, lady: ALMOST. The key word is ALMOST. Welcome to paradise, our beauty!
27-11-2016, 03:06 PM
Can we FINALLY get a banhammer in here?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
27-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Huh

Maybe if theBorg could learn sign language we'd be able to understand him better.

Consider ..........Oh

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-11-2016, 03:46 PM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
27-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Step away from the crack-pipe.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post