Do you speak, what any religion is a lie?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
30-11-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Do you speak, what any religion is a lie?
(29-11-2016 10:14 PM)theBorg Wrote:  As you see, I am causing some tensions in the "highest powers", but I am still having opportunity to talk with such beauty of the mind as you: thank you, SS. Let me numerate the parts of your philosophy for subsequent LONG LONG conversation:

1) Wikipedia: "A leprechaun (Irish: leipreachán) is a type of fairy in Irish folklore.", "A fairy is a type of mythical being". The mythical means "made up by storytellers." Disproof ends.

2) Good point. But is the hoping bad or stupid then?

3) He is perfectly real and is called the Guardian Angel, he is your only true (!!!) friend. Please see the beautiful music clip:

4) Because a sinner mixes reality of the fantasy with reality of the outside world. Both realities are real, so if the person does sinfully lie, then indeed, to disprove him is often not possible (for a human). But we must respect the sinners too, but not their atheism.

5) the atheism is most primitive philosophy, just like a big stone is most primitive weapon. All is clear for the holy researcher.

I don't know why you felt the need to edit my comments, that's really rude and not something I would ever do to you, also copy and pasting part of a Wikipedia article about Leprechauns doesn't disprove Leprechauns. People used to think gorillas were not real, like a Sasquatch or a yeti but then they were finally discovered to be very real. The same can be said for many creatures we know to be very real so yes, Leprechauns are mythical...for now.

There is nothing on Wikipedia about this God being real, this being is a concept and a concept is just an idea and an idea can be imagined and...well you get the point, without proof it's just an abstract notion of sorts, it's not real.

This best friend you say I have is no more real than the imaginary friend any child has growing up, they only exist in your mind, they can't be measured or detected by any scientific means...so far. I mean maybe someday someone will invent a way to detect spirits. Also beautiful music clips aren't proof of spirits or imaginary best friends.

Until then all of us sinful atheists are just sitting here patiently waiting for proof of Bigfoot...oh actually, we are waiting for proof of God, silly me, I'm always mixing them up.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2016, 02:06 PM
(30-11-2016 01:12 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Jesus Christ never sleeps, the Jesus knows all, therefore He never is making a single mistake.

If that were actually true, that would mean that Jesus intended for you to fail and you should just stop whining about it and accept your sad lot in life.

However, I think you can succeed -- if and only if you give up the fable of eternal life and start taking responsibility for building a better real life through your own efforts.

Quote:So, you can rely on Jesus, what the Japan exists.

No, thank you. I would much rather continue to succeed in life by living in accordance with reality.

(30-11-2016 01:23 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Until then all of us sinful atheists are just sitting here patiently waiting for proof of Bigfoot...oh actually, we are waiting for proof of God, silly me, I'm always mixing them up.

Well, *I've* never seen the two of them together... Angel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
30-11-2016, 02:10 PM
(30-11-2016 12:19 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(30-11-2016 11:19 AM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  Existence is in evidence. Truth is in evidence. So what need is there for a god?

Y'know, Peter, that's a vastly underrated question that I find fascinating. It should be sufficient to have truth without the window-dressing of mythology and gods and demons and other stuff and whatnot.

*puzzle puzzle puzzle* Is it possible that humanity invented religions to support things they want to be true, as opposed to things that are true?

Belief in spiritual non-material things can be ascribed to the biology of the human brain. See "The God Part of the Brain" by Matthew Alper.
30-11-2016, 02:20 PM
(30-11-2016 01:12 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(30-11-2016 11:19 AM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  ................
Existence is in evidence. Truth is in evidence. So what need is there for a god?

The induists do think, what we are all dreaming, because their "god" sleeps.
The Jesus Christ never sleeps, the Jesus knows all, therefore He never is making a single mistake. So, you can rely on Jesus, what the Japan exists.
You are missing the point. There not being any kind of god or gods. So there not being any kind of God would included your belief in a Jesus.
Your rhetoric is not even helpful. I will ask you, which Jesus Christ? There numerous views as to whom that means. And there not being any God, it also makes little to no difference at all.
30-11-2016, 02:42 PM
(30-11-2016 11:19 AM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  Uncaused existence needs no god. None whatsoever.

The idea of God is that he caused everything..even existence!
1+1=2, because God "created" the universe from which you are making observations about it. You could argue that even in the absence of the universe, 1+1=2. But, you wouldn't know.

Anyways, anybody who can deal with uncaused existence probably already does not believe in God .
30-11-2016, 04:02 PM
(30-11-2016 02:42 PM)underdogFTW Wrote:  
(30-11-2016 11:19 AM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  Uncaused existence needs no god. None whatsoever.

The idea of God is that he caused everything..even existence!
<snip>
That is not logical. How can anything exist before there is existence? Not anything can come from nothing.
There has to be uncaused existence before there can be any kind of caused existence. And then caused existence would need a cause. An infinite regress of causes where there would be no first cause.
30-11-2016, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2016 09:16 PM by Full Circle.)
(30-11-2016 01:12 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Jesus Christ never sleeps, the Jesus knows all, therefore He never is making a single mistake.

If JC is the creator and he never makes a mistake then all of us are exactly what he wanted us to be. In my case that would include being an atheist. Don’t let your head explode.
Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
30-11-2016, 05:16 PM
(30-11-2016 02:10 PM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  Belief in spiritual non-material things can be ascribed to the biology of the human brain. See "The God Part of the Brain" by Matthew Alper.

I'm somewhat familiar with the neuroscience behind that phenomenon, as I'm a neurology geek.

I can see how irrational but survival-positive behaviours could skew brain evolution in favour of those behaviours. What I can't work out, though, is how behaviours based on a fictional view of the world could ever be more of an advantage than ones based on a more accurate view.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2016, 05:52 PM
(30-11-2016 05:16 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(30-11-2016 02:10 PM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  Belief in spiritual non-material things can be ascribed to the biology of the human brain. See "The God Part of the Brain" by Matthew Alper.

I'm somewhat familiar with the neuroscience behind that phenomenon, as I'm a neurology geek.

I can see how irrational but survival-positive behaviours could skew brain evolution in favour of those behaviours. What I can't work out, though, is how behaviours based on a fictional view of the world could ever be more of an advantage than ones based on a more accurate view.

This is an interesting take. The Origins of Religion: How Supernatural Beliefs Evolved

#sigh
30-11-2016, 08:47 PM
(30-11-2016 01:12 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The induists do think, what we are all dreaming, because their "god" sleeps.
The Jesus Christ never sleeps, the Jesus knows all, therefore He never is making a single mistake. So, you can rely on Jesus, what the Japan exists.

It never ceases to confound me that threads like this—started by total morons suffering serious psychological dysfunctions—can struggle on for tens of pages. Why is it that people continue to debate [sic] with perceived trolls such as theBorg? Isn't it a waste of everybody's time trying to instill some sort of logic into these people's intellectually stunted brains? theBorg has made it more than clear, in numerous threads, that he has not the least desire to carry on any sort of meaningful dialogue—rather his preference is to simply "stir the pot" and laugh at the consternation he causes amongst the thinkers and the scientists and the rationalists here.

My only suggestion is to totally ignore him and his nonsense, and trust that—like all bored kiddies—he gets sick of his puerile games and just goes away. Or simply just ban him.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post