Do you speak, what any religion is a lie?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
07-12-2016, 11:11 AM
RE: Do you speak, what any religion is a lie?
Yeah, you are the team, friends. But I would only read the reply of the Adey. I do not need your brainwashing.

[Image: too-long-didnt-read.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2016, 11:36 AM
(07-12-2016 11:11 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Yeah, you are the team, friends. But I would only read the reply of the Adey. I do not need your brainwashing.
Because you've had so much brainwashing already there is no room left for anymore... Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
07-12-2016, 12:17 PM
(07-12-2016 11:11 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Yeah, you are the team, friends. But I would only read the reply of the Adey. I do not need your brainwashing.

Don't want those fragile delusions torn down, eh? Willful ignorance is bliss, I guess.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
07-12-2016, 02:02 PM
(07-12-2016 07:53 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 11:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  ...........
A question, if I'm dead and my nervous system isn't working how am I .......

You are not complete then. You must have the body too, not only the soul. So, the physical death is only the (special, unnatural and not quite happy) temporary state.

Yes

Jesus didn't believe in the resurrection of the dead. In Matthew 22 he says it won't happen, notice how he carefully distinguishes between "the resurrection" and "the resurrection of the dead", the first he says will happen, but not the second:

The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him, Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. And last of all the woman died also. Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the *resurrection* they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven {serving God, like a slave in Rome;}. But as touching the *resurrection of the dead*, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.”
– Matthew 22:23-33

In the resurrection you will be like an angel serving God, but the resurrection of the dead isn't going to happen, because God is the God of the living, those that live in the habitable earth, i.e. the Roman Emperor, not the God of the dead, he's in some other world. That is Jesus' opinion, anyway. You're worshiping the Roman Empire is what I'm telling you, theBorg.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes fhqwhgads's post
07-12-2016, 03:02 PM

Your brain could use a good washing, might start to actually function.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
08-12-2016, 05:10 AM
Friends, you are missed my good intention. You are over critical to me. See just this new thread:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1100912

Isn't it telling?
08-12-2016, 12:46 PM
(08-12-2016 05:10 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Friends, you are missed my good intention. You are over critical to me.

If you had genuine good intentions, Borg, you would be more receptive to our criticisms and you would not have selectively cut out parts of our responses -- on numerous occasions -- to alter the meaning of what we were actually saying.

I do not believe that you have good intentions. I believe that you see the very existence of atheists as a threat to your beliefs and are trying to shout us down.

We shall not be silenced.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
08-12-2016, 03:41 PM
(08-12-2016 12:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 05:10 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Friends, you are missed my good intention. You are over critical to me.

If you had genuine good intentions, Borg, you would be more receptive to our criticisms and you would not have selectively cut out parts of our responses -- on numerous occasions -- to alter the meaning of what we were actually saying.

I do not believe that you have good intentions. I believe that you see the very existence of atheists as a threat to your beliefs and are trying to shout us down.

Agreed, we are a huge threat to the religious and in the absence of any evidence to support their claims they are forced to use the same dishonest and intellectually bankrupt arguments that have been debunked over and over.
08-12-2016, 09:51 PM
(08-12-2016 03:41 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 12:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  If you had genuine good intentions, Borg, you would be more receptive to our criticisms and you would not have selectively cut out parts of our responses -- on numerous occasions -- to alter the meaning of what we were actually saying.

Agreed, we are a huge threat to the religious and in the absence of any evidence to support their claims they are forced to use the same dishonest and intellectually bankrupt arguments that have been debunked over and over.

What are the problems with the God of the Gaps? No problems. So, be the theist.
08-12-2016, 09:56 PM
(08-12-2016 09:51 PM)theBorg Wrote:  What are the problems with the God of the Gaps? No problems. So, be the theist.

The problem is that we cannot make assumptions like that. Maybe God created the earth. Or maybe a unicorn did it. We could play guessing games all day.