Do you speak, what any religion is a lie?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
10-12-2016, 05:24 AM
RE: Do you speak, what any religion is a lie?
Okay, so by "cosmological singularity" you mean "black hole" rather than the "Big Bang".

Apparently you couldn't just SAY "black hole". You had to link a music video.

Black holes can be avoided simply by steering around them. They're points in space with intense gravity wells.

If we were to use telescopes to discover that there was a black hole on its way towards something we care about, like the Earth or the Sun or the Moon, we can divert it. They obey conservation of momentum, so shooting enough mass into it will change its trajectory. A stream of high-speed ball bearings would do the trick. Alternatively, we can send things on close orbital passes rather than directly into it, using gravitation to tug it out of the way. And failing that, we can shoot enough electrons into it until it gets a strong electromagnetic charge, and then use electromagnetic pulls or pushes to divert it.

Any of these methods would work, but black holes are very massive, which means diverting them requires a lot of oomph. Either we'd need to use a lot of power to divert it far enough, or we'd need to start far enough out that diverting it only one or two degrees would suffice. It would be a major effort to detect it early enough, project its course, and save whatever it is we're trying to save from it.

None of this is viable when we've got religious nuts trying to defund space programs on the grounds that they might prove climate change, based on their faith in God that climate change is a hoax.

.... also, you completely missed the point of God of the Gaps, again. I even linked you an article that translates into Russian, Greek, Ukranian...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2016, 06:27 AM
Problems with a god of the gaps.

When you use god of the gaps, you're really saying...
"I don't understand how this works."

It is your own lack of understanding of how something works that creates a belief in a god.

It is our understanding of how something works that causes our lack of belief in a god.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
10-12-2016, 06:39 AM
(10-12-2016 06:27 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Problems with a god of the gaps.

When you use god of the gaps, you're really saying...
"I don't understand how this works."

It is your own lack of understanding of how something works that creates a belief in a god.

It is our understanding of how something works that causes our lack of belief in a god.

From my religious days, it's a way of saying I know that goddidit and you are wrong, ignorant, and/or evil if you don't think goddidit. Submit your intellect to our authority and stop questioning.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
10-12-2016, 07:01 AM
(10-12-2016 05:24 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Okay, so by "cosmological singularity" you mean "black hole" rather than the "Big Bang".

I am not a damn ignorant! Laugh out load I am talking about any kind of singularity. What about avoiding "Big Bang"?
10-12-2016, 09:44 AM
(10-12-2016 07:01 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 05:24 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Okay, so by "cosmological singularity" you mean "black hole" rather than the "Big Bang".

I am not a damn ignorant! Laugh out load I am talking about any kind of singularity. What about avoiding "Big Bang"?

The problem is that it's just that it's next to impossible to understand what you're saying because of your bad translation software. I STILL don't know what you mean by "cosmological singularity" because whatever you're using to translate the phrase, it isn't coming across to English correctly.

We've ALREADY AVOIDED the Big Bang.

If you're referring to something other than the Big Bang or black holes when you say "cosmological singularity", then what are you referring to?

AND you're still dodging the point about the God of the Gaps.
10-12-2016, 10:45 AM
(10-12-2016 09:44 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ............

By ignoring the objective reality?
10-12-2016, 10:51 AM
(10-12-2016 10:45 AM)theBorg Wrote:  By ignoring the objective reality?

By summoning it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-12-2016, 10:53 AM
(10-12-2016 09:44 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 07:01 AM)theBorg Wrote:  I am not a damn ignorant! Laugh out load I am talking about any kind of singularity. What about avoiding "Big Bang"?

The problem is that it's just that it's next to impossible to understand what you're saying because of your bad translation software. I STILL don't know what you mean by "cosmological singularity"...

Big Crunch. It's the only thing that makes sense.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-12-2016, 11:16 AM
So, dear friends. The false atheism ignores the Big Bang. How disgusting!!!!
10-12-2016, 11:25 AM
(10-12-2016 10:45 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 09:44 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ............

By ignoring the objective reality?

BY NOT BEING THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED! It was on the order of 15 billion years before the human race even evolved.

Unless you mean in conceptual terms rather than the practical matter of not being killed by it. Because again, your translation software is broken and we don't know what you're trying to say.

(10-12-2016 10:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Big Crunch. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Yahbut, it looks like Big Crunch isn't going to happen. We're looking at perpetual expansion and heat death instead.