Do you still struggle sometimes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2013, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2013 10:35 AM by Vera.)
RE: Do you still struggle sometimes?
Oh, I just love this! Seems like Eggsy went back and changed the insults he hurled at me, doubtless, trying to sound calm, level-headed and concerned about our souls. I guess he forgot there was such a thing as quoting a reply. So I went from "a negative, dead end, death-dealing, faithless, amoral, cretin" to "a negative, faithless, person" Priceless! Laugh out load

On the other hand, maybe there's still hope for him... or not Consider

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2013, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2013 11:44 AM by GirlyMan.)
(18-01-2013 08:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  One, praying stimulates the release of calming hormones. So does chanting, jogging, smoking dope, eating chocolate, eating spicy hot things, and what not all.

And, apart from the jogging, all those things are a lot more fun.

(19-01-2013 10:29 AM)Vera Wrote:  Oh, I just love this! Seems like Eggsy went back and changed the insults he hurled at me, doubtless, trying to sound calm, level-headed and concerned about our souls. I guess he forgot there was such a thing as quoting a reply. So I went from "a negative, dead end, death-dealing, faithless, amoral, cretin" to "a negative, faithless, person" Priceless! Laugh out load

Except for the cretin part, I'm going with his original version. Drinking Beverage

(18-01-2013 07:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 07:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  A typically long-winded retort, there.

Dunno why you use 4 letters where 2 will suffice.

Or even just...

No
I was feeling loquacious. Drinking Beverage
Laughat

Well that, and the fact that there's a 5 character minimum post length. Can't you change that?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-01-2013, 01:08 PM
a negative, dead end, death-dealing, faithless, amoral, cretin

Wow, some people just seem to perceive the the lives of others to be so abjectly disparate. It's a shame to twist admiration and possibly envy to fear and resentment.
It always comes down to someone deciding he didn't find enough marshmallows in his Lucky Charms. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
19-01-2013, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2013 01:18 PM by Vera.)
(19-01-2013 11:40 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Except for the cretin part, I'm going with his original version.
Okay, that's getting spooky. How did you find out about my death dealing? We all have to make a living somehow, you know Confused

And yeah, I'm not a cretin. I'm a cretinette Laugh out load

And, Kim, I think it's fear. Mind-numbing fear and a lurking doubt, that he desperately tries to suffocate by getting others to agree with him, as if that would make the whole ridiculous, outdated myth true. Only, he really isn't going about it in the best possible way. I guess he hasn't heard the one about the flies and the honey.

[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
19-01-2013, 01:46 PM
(19-01-2013 10:29 AM)Vera Wrote:  On the other hand, maybe there's still hope for him... or not Consider
I hold out hope. Egor is weird, but I honestly think deep down he is actually an OK guy. I even went so far as to read one of his novels - he happens to know a fair amount about the craft of writing, and one of his previous websites (I dunno if it still is up) was a book review site - with well written reviews. Bucky knoweth whereof I speak.

It's hard for me to reconcile that guy with crazy atheists-are-stupid-and-of-the-devil Egor, so I do the cognitive dissonance thing and refuse to believe Tongue
19-01-2013, 01:51 PM
(19-01-2013 01:14 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 11:40 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Except for the cretin part, I'm going with his original version.
Okay, that's getting spooky. How did you find out about my death dealing? We all have to make a living somehow, you know Confused

Don't look at me, Hamata K's the one who decided that death-dealing should be a centralized, close-knit community.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
19-01-2013, 01:53 PM

(19-01-2013 04:44 AM)Vera Wrote:  "As opposed to a negative, dead end, death-dealing, faithless, amoral, cretin like yourself? Right? The hell-bound drain circlers are always trying to take down as many with them as they can. Isn't that right?"

Not that I don't stand by what I wrote up above there, but I did edit that almost immediately after writing it to something less insulting--even though you have no cares about being insulting (but you're an atheist; you have no moral foundation). So, just to let you all know... Dodgy

Quote:I don't give a fuck what a deranged, hateful and deeply disturbed individual does or thinks (though this word is not really applicable in your case), I'm just asking you to keep the bullshit that fills your fear-infested little world to your own flip-flopping threads and not prey on people who come here asking for real help at a moment of weakness. Your pathetic little "advice" may work on a Xian forum, but it is absolutely out of place here.

Then TTA needs to close to theists, doesn't it? Censored

Quote:And a side note, as you seem truly desperate to have everyone believe the idiocy you're spouting - even if the whole world should agree with you, that won't make it any more true. There is no god and certainly not your ridiculous Jesus-joke and when you die, that'd be the absolute and irrevocable end of you and your precious, little, ego-tormented self.

Answer this: How do you know there is no God?

Quote:If you're incapable of accepting this, you'll just go on being just as miserable and hate-filled as you are right now. And I couldn't care less. Just don't spit your venom at those who are braver, smarter, more honest and immensely less egotistical than yourself.

I take it you're referring to yourself. When are you ever going to t learn that life is more than you. When will you ever realize that somethings are just greater than you are?
Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2013, 01:54 PM
(19-01-2013 10:29 AM)Vera Wrote:  Oh, I just love this! Seems like Eggsy went back and changed the insults he hurled at me, doubtless, trying to sound calm, level-headed and concerned about our souls. I guess he forgot there was such a thing as quoting a reply. So I went from "a negative, dead end, death-dealing, faithless, amoral, cretin" to "a negative, faithless, person" Priceless! Laugh out load

On the other hand, maybe there's still hope for him... or not Consider

I'd give him a break. My arguments may seem dispassionate, but only because I typically go back and edit them a minute later. He's human, and thus prone to tantrums like the rest of us. The fact that he went back and changed it means that he recognized his mistake, and I think that's laudable. After all, it would be hypocritical of me to see him differently. But I hope you can empathize, too.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2013, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2013 02:00 PM by Vera.)
(19-01-2013 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  I hold out hope. Egor is weird, but I honestly think deep down he is actually an OK guy.
I don't. No truly good person has so much hate in them. I was gonna make a joke about it, but it's actually not funny. Not here.

I have yet to see him act not even nice, but with at least a semblance of normal human empathy. So no, unless I see some sign of humanity from him, I still consider him one of the most hateful persons I've ever had the displeasure to come across.

(19-01-2013 01:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Don't look at me, Hamata K's the one who decided that death-dealing should be a centralized, close-knit community.
Why wasn't I invited then and have been doing it all on my own then?

Egor, don't bother talking to me. I don't read your dribble. I just asked you not to prey on people who have come to us in their moment of weakness. If you can't respect that, you're an even viler man than I thought.

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
19-01-2013, 01:57 PM
(19-01-2013 01:53 PM)Egor Wrote:  Answer this: How do you know there is no God?

Please don't shift the burden of proof. You know better. We can't disprove God any more than you can disprove the existence of fairies in my garden, but then again it isn't your burden to disprove those fairies. Nor do you have to "disprove atheism" in order to be a theist. If you want us to believe in God, you ought to have evidence to back up that belief.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Starcrash's post