Do you still struggle sometimes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: Do you still struggle sometimes?
Starcrash, dispassionate is one thing. Poison dripping from every syllable is a totally different thing. And he most probably changed it, because people were already calling him out on that priceless butt crack line. You must be better people than me. I'm still not seeing a seed of goodness and decency in him.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2013, 02:02 PM

(19-01-2013 11:40 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And, apart from the jogging, all those things are a lot more fun.

Girly Man. I think you're the perfectly erroded atheist. You're overweight, silly-looking in your avatar, you don't shave, you think smoking dope and eating are better than jogging, you have that one clip from Cuckoo's Nest where Jack is pretending to masturbate.

That is atheism.

Because of what atheism is, that is where it takes a human being. You are an end-stage atheist. You are a cautionary tale.
Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2013, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2013 02:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-01-2013 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 10:29 AM)Vera Wrote:  On the other hand, maybe there's still hope for him... or not Consider
I hold out hope. Egor is weird, but I honestly think deep down he is actually an OK guy. I even went so far as to read one of his novels - he happens to know a fair amount about the craft of writing, and one of his previous websites (I dunno if it still is up) was a book review site - with well written reviews. Bucky knoweth whereof I speak.

It's hard for me to reconcile that guy with crazy atheists-are-stupid-and-of-the-devil Egor, so I do the cognitive dissonance thing and refuse to believe Tongue

Dude's a psychiatric nurse. There's a reason psychiatry has the dubious honor of being the profession most prone to suicide. Crazy is motherfucking airborne, or at least earborne, contagious. ... I like Ed a lot when he's not being a prick. When he is being a prick I give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's just gone off his meds. ... Easier than introducing yet another cognitive dissonance into my already overfilled catalog, stultus canis. Wink

(19-01-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  Girly Man. I think you're the perfectly erroded atheist. You're overweight, silly-looking in your avatar, you don't shave, ...

I'm assuming you mean "eroded", unless you're making up a new term like your new religion. And dude, that avatar ain't me, just a guy who looks a lot like me I'd really like to fucking meet.

(19-01-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  you think smoking dope and eating are better than jogging,

Girly don't run. Bad on the knees. But I will walk on a fucking treadmill at a 10 degree incline at 3.5 mph for an hour. And I'm getting damn close to being able to lift a quarter ton rock off the motherfucking ground. ... Let me see you do that, fucking bitch. ... Feel free to use your Black Belt if you think it will help.

(19-01-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  Because of what atheism is, that is where it takes a human being. You are an end-stage atheist. You are a cautionary tale.

Ain't no "stages" of atheism, it's a threshold function. But I am a cautionary tale, clarity clearly ain't for everyone.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-01-2013, 02:10 PM
(19-01-2013 02:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  I hold out hope. Egor is weird, but I honestly think deep down he is actually an OK guy. I even went so far as to read one of his novels - he happens to know a fair amount about the craft of writing, and one of his previous websites (I dunno if it still is up) was a book review site - with well written reviews. Bucky knoweth whereof I speak.

It's hard for me to reconcile that guy with crazy atheists-are-stupid-and-of-the-devil Egor, so I do the cognitive dissonance thing and refuse to believe Tongue

Dude's a psychiatric nurse. There's a reason psychiatry has the dubious honor of being the profession most prone to suicide. Crazy is motherfucking airborne, or at least earborne, contagious. ... I like Ed a lot when he's not being a prick. When he is being a prick I give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's just gone off his meds. ... Easier than introducing yet another cognitive dissonance into my already overfilled catalog, stultus canis. Wink
Insanity and hatred are not the same thing.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
19-01-2013, 02:11 PM

(19-01-2013 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's hard for me to reconcile that guy with crazy atheists-are-stupid-and-of-the-devil Egor, so I do the cognitive dissonance thing and refuse to believe Tongue

Well, get used to it Morondog, because I'm never going back. To be friends with atheists means to accept and respect their religious choice to deny the existence of God, and all that does is hurt them. It is not okay that you're an atheist. You will go to hell if you die an atheist. You will degrade into the likes of Girlyman if you remain an atheist. If you are an atheist, there is no hope for you. To be your friend is to look past that so we can be "friends" and be nice to each other, but there's no love in that. I will not stand by while you jump off a cliff. I will not be politically correct while you cut your throat. Most of my job involves caring for the people we lock up who are going to hurt themselves. I do that in my 3D life. I will put a person in leather restraints and sedate them until they are unconscious before I will let them hurt themselves. In my 3D world, my living is to love my neighbor by doing for them what I would have them do for me, and I will not stand by while you destroy yourself spiritually because I want your friendship. That is not love; that is not Christ, and that is not what God wants me to do.

That's Veridicanism. Exclamation
Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2013, 02:11 PM
(19-01-2013 01:53 PM)Egor Wrote:  Answer this: How do you know there is no God?
No one knows there is a god just as no one knows there is no god.
So?
Keep your eyes on your own life, not on the lives of others. You'll figure out your own shit and be much happier. Easy-peasy. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
19-01-2013, 02:12 PM
(19-01-2013 02:11 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's hard for me to reconcile that guy with crazy atheists-are-stupid-and-of-the-devil Egor, so I do the cognitive dissonance thing and refuse to believe Tongue

Well, get used to it Morondog, because I'm never going back. To be friends with atheists means to accept and respect their religious choice to deny the existence of God, and all that does is hurt them. It is not okay that you're an atheist. You will go to hell if you die an atheist. You will degrade into the likes of Girlyman if you remain an atheist. If you are an atheist, there is no hope for you. To be your friend is to look past that so we can be "friends" and be nice to each other, but there's no love in that. I will not stand by while you jump off a cliff. I will not be politically correct while you cut your throat. Most of my job involves caring for the people we lock up who are going to hurt themselves. I do that in my 3D life. I will put a person in leather restraints and sedate them until they are unconscious before I will let them hurt themselves. In my 3D world, my living is to love my neighbor by doing for them what I would have them do for me, and I will not stand by while you destroy yourself spiritually because I want your friendship. That is not love; that is not Christ, and that is not what God wants me to do.

Again with the hell Egor?

What is Hell going to do? Scorch my not-skin?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
19-01-2013, 02:19 PM
(19-01-2013 02:11 PM)Egor Wrote:  

Whatever gets you through the night.....there's just something wrong with people who hold friendship hostage, simply because they don't share all the same beliefs or ideals. How do you know what god wants you to do? How do you interpret god's personal message to you? What if you interpret that information wrong?

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-01-2013, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2013 02:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-01-2013 02:11 PM)Egor Wrote:  It is not okay that you're an atheist. You will go to hell if you die an atheist.

Bring it bitch.

(19-01-2013 02:11 PM)Egor Wrote:  You will degrade into the likes of Girlyman if you remain an atheist.

Now that's just wrong. Scaring people like that and shit. You won't degrade into the likes of Girly if you remain an atheist, but you will still go to hell. ... Bring it bitch.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-01-2013, 02:39 PM
(19-01-2013 02:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You won't degrade into Girly if you remain an atheist

Don't say that - it's what I aspire to Smile
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post