Do you still struggle sometimes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2013, 02:18 PM
RE: Do you still struggle sometimes?
(22-01-2013 02:07 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 12:10 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...then I was reminded of a few things here -- that dude lion irc's arrogance -- the way he deflects the questions he hasn't answers to and mocks -- and it reminded me why I became atheist to begin with. It wasn't so much about the bible but the theists who push their bibical agenda and make up "reasons" to believe.

There was no pushing. I was challenged and INVITED by an atheist to defend my biblical views.

''...It wasn't so much about the bible''

LOL

Last time I checked, anti-theist and atheist counter-apologetics are almost exclusively directed against what's in the bible.
That's kind of irrelevant isn't it? I mean, if your "Christian" actions appall non-Christians, then maybe it's time to reconsider the way you interact with people.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
22-01-2013, 03:14 PM
(22-01-2013 02:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 02:07 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  There was no pushing. I was challenged and INVITED by an atheist to defend my biblical views.

LOL

Last time I checked, anti-theist and atheist counter-apologetics are almost exclusively directed against what's in the bible.
That's kind of irrelevant isn't it? I mean, if your "Christian" actions appall non-Christians, then maybe it's time to reconsider the way you interact with people.
Yeah, it's not the book that behaves badly...

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
22-01-2013, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2013 05:23 PM by Lion IRC.)
(22-01-2013 02:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 02:07 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  There was no pushing. I was challenged and INVITED by an atheist to defend my biblical views.

LOL

Whats in the bible is kind of irrelevant? To you maybe.

Yep, I have been called rude, tactless, vulgar, hateful, a liar, a bigot, a misogynist, a fascist, mean, evil, an apologist for rape, an apologist for child murder, an apologist for genocide, I have had my disrespectful posts referred to using all manner of expletives at atheist fora all over the atheosphere.

...for defending the worldviews I hold in the context of a book called The Bible.

I know Christians would be a lot more popular at places like this if they never mentioned any of that God/bible stuff. And I've seen plenty of obsequious Christians who seek popularity by grovelling to the oh-so-clever and wise rational atheists by doing a different type of apologist routine.

I'm secretly ashamed of my horrible religion, I'm here to learn clear thinking, we can never really know if god exists, I'm pro-choice, the bible really does have lots of errors and contradictions, miracles are myths, I believe in tolerance uber alles, of course same-sex marriage is what god wants, look at the appalling behaviour of those fundy
wack-jobs like Lion IRC, atheists know the bible better than anybody....
22-01-2013, 05:21 PM
(22-01-2013 05:16 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Yep, I have been called rude, tactless, vulgar, hateful, a liar, a bigot, a misogynist, a fascist, mean, evil, an apologist for rape, an apologist for child murder, an apologist for genocide, I have had my disrespectful posts referred to using all manner of expletives at atheist fora all over the atheosphere.
How about stupid? Why so many words for what can be summed up by just one? Or delusional, if you prefer bigger words.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
22-01-2013, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2013 05:39 PM by kingschosen.)
(22-01-2013 05:16 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 02:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's kind of irrelevant isn't it? I mean, if your "Christian" actions appall non-Christians, then maybe it's time to reconsider the way you interact with people.

Whats in the bible is kind of irrelevant? To you maybe.

I have been called rude, tactless, vulgar, hateful, a liar, a bigot, a misogynist, a fascist, mean, evil, an apologist for rape, an apologist for child murder, an apologist for genocide, I have had my disrespectful posts referred to using all manner of expletives at atheist fora all over the atheosphere.

...for defending the worldviews I hold in the context of a book called The Bible.
I know Christians would be a lot more popular at places like this if they never mentioned any of that God/bible stuff. And I've seen plenty of obsequious Christians who seek popularity by grovelling to the oh-so-clever and wise rational atheists by doing a different type of apologist routine.
I'm secretly ashamed of my horrible religion, we can never really know if god exists, I'm pro-choice, the bible really does have lots of errors and contradictions, miracles are myths, I believe in tolerance uber alles, of course same-sex marriage is what god wants, look at those fundy wack-jobs like Lion IRC, atheists know the bible better than anybody....
Again... what is wrong with you? Where do you get your conclusions? I never said the Bible is irrelevant. I said the entire act of communication with you and an atheist is irrelevant based on your approach.

I have argued the Bible up and down, sideways and backways with atheists and my debates are rarely, if ever, hostile. They are always cordial and respectful, and while they might not agree with me, they don't harbor any discontent. I'm also able to be lucid and direct without dancing around the subject; likewise, I'm not afraid to say "I don't know".

If you're aware that your approach breeds hostility and your don't care/don't do anything about it... then you seriously may want to reevaluate your interactions.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
22-01-2013, 05:56 PM
(22-01-2013 05:30 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If you're aware that your approach breeds hostility and your don't care/don't do anything about it... then you seriously may want to reevaluate your interactions.

Nah.
I will evaluate YOUR interactions - like your response to paulesungnomo.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...1#pid56701

Thanks for showing me how its done
22-01-2013, 06:06 PM
(22-01-2013 05:56 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 05:30 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If you're aware that your approach breeds hostility and your don't care/don't do anything about it... then you seriously may want to reevaluate your interactions.

Nah.
I will evaluate YOUR interactions - like your response to paulesungnomo.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...1#pid56701

Thanks for showing me how its done
And?

I avoided unprovoked hostility towards me. If you keep reading you'll see that we ended up being cordial. lol keep trying.

You provoke hostility. I diffuse it.

Neither you nor I can control if someone is hostile towards us because of our beliefs, but we can control how we react to the situation.

By self admittance, you're not so great in the "diffusing" category.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post