Do you support the idea of teaching both Creation and Evolution theory in schools?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: Do you support the idea of teaching both Creation and Evolution theory in schools?
Hello?

Why do people want equal time for creationism? Ok. I am game. If we teach creationism, we cannot just teach the christian version, we have to teach ALL of it. I mean every single creationism story ever written by different cultures. From the Native American versions, to the Australian Aborigines.

In Astronomy, we have to teach the Islamic doctrine that the phases of the moon cannot be predicted, and can only be observed? Maybe in law enforcement we can teach them to use a voodoo doll to stop a suspect from running away.

Nonsense.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: Do you support the idea of teaching both Creation and Evolution theory in schools?
(16-02-2012 04:57 PM)Monk Wrote:  If we teach creationism, we cannot just teach the christian version, we have to teach ALL of it. I mean every single creationism story ever written by different cultures. From the Native American versions, to the Australian Aborigines.

I don't agree with that. We only need to teach the ones that are relevant to life today, i.e the ones that are widely believed in today's world.

I'm completely against teaching creation in science lessons or as a plausible theory but it is useful in life to have at least a basic understanding of the cultures around you.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
16-02-2012, 06:00 PM
(16-02-2012 05:23 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 04:57 PM)Monk Wrote:  If we teach creationism, we cannot just teach the christian version, we have to teach ALL of it. I mean every single creationism story ever written by different cultures. From the Native American versions, to the Australian Aborigines.

I don't agree with that. We only need to teach the ones that are relevant to life today, i.e the ones that are widely believed in today's world.

I'm completely against teaching creation in science lessons or as a plausible theory but it is useful in life to have at least a basic understanding of the cultures around you.

So you'd want 'creationism' taught in 'science' when 'creationism' doesn't even meet the basic scientific criteria to begin with?
16-02-2012, 06:05 PM
(16-02-2012 06:00 PM)Monk Wrote:  So you'd want 'creationism' taught in 'science' when 'creationism' doesn't even meet the basic scientific criteria to begin with?

Hell no, I'm open to various creation stories from predominant world faiths being taught in R.E classes.

I wouldn't let them within a hundred yards of a science class.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
16-02-2012, 07:40 PM
No I don't it's religion and should be kept in the church's where myths belong.
20-02-2012, 03:25 PM
(16-02-2012 05:23 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

I have to disagree, people still worship pagan gods, teaching a subject shouldn't be about a popularity contest.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
20-02-2012, 09:30 PM
I didn't know that creation was a theory. Christians say that it is a fact.

Lesson one:
In theory there was this talking snake. So for lab today we have several varieties of snakes and we will see which ones if any can talk.

So take out your lab manuals and sit in front of your snake's cage and write down everything it says.

The snake should say something like, “God doesn’t want you to eat the fruit”, or “God is not here so go ahead and eat the fruit”.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
21-02-2012, 09:49 AM
I kind of like what Monk & Thomas had to say on the subject. My personal opinion if you have the time is here.
http://www.youtube.com/DSlrqc
I'm the really good looking one in the middle. Ignor the first ten minutes, it's boaring, then I get animated, so animated because I wanted to hit the Rev.
21-02-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry for missing this thread previously and I apologize if this point has been made previously, but I agree with the former President George W. Bush that we should teach both creationism and evolution in school so kids can see what the debate is all about.

We should also teach astrology along with astronomy so students can see what the debate is all about.

We should also teach alchemy along with chemistry, so students can see what the debate is all about.

Sure, great idea. Let's do it. I'm in.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
21-02-2012, 03:41 PM
(20-02-2012 09:30 PM)Thomas Wrote:  I didn't know that creation was a theory. Christians say that it is a fact.

Lesson one:
In theory there was this talking snake. So for lab today we have several varieties of snakes and we will see which ones if any can talk.

So take out your lab manuals and sit in front of your snake's cage and write down everything it says.

The snake should say something like, “God doesn’t want you to eat the fruit”, or “God is not here so go ahead and eat the fruit”.

They do this - I shit you not! Well, sort of... anyway, it just fascinates the heck out of me! Shy
... They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them... Mark 16:17-18
Snake handling is a big deal in the Appalachians.

Ever get the feeling ... evolution kind of avoided the Southern states? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein