Do you support the idea of teaching both Creation and Evolution theory in schools?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2012, 06:22 PM
RE: Do you support the idea of teaching both Creation and Evolution theory in schools?
I'm going to paraphrase Thunderf00t here.

"Did we teach the points for and against cold fusion and let the students decide?"

No. Schools (specifically government schools) should have no religious teachings being taught as truth as part of regular classes. Teach it in history along with the rest of the myths and legends if you want, have your little lunch time scripture clubs if you want but don't waste my/our time trying to hold us back. If we want to know about your "salvation," don't call us, we'll call you.

«Είμα Ανθρώπου. Είμαι όλοι για μένα. Δεν υπάρχουν Θεοί».
Ωμέγα Γάμμα
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2012, 06:48 PM
RE: Do you support the idea of teaching both Creation and Evolution theory in schools?
(01-03-2012 01:37 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(28-02-2012 07:44 AM)craniumonempty Wrote:  I say yes. It should be taught as an example of what isn't science and why. Probably half a page should do. This reminds me of c0nc0rdance again (hey, I like his videos). There is a video where he is asking the Discovery Institute questions (he's a molecular biologist, so it's not always easy to follow). In the end, one of the panel gains his respect, the rest are morons in his eyes. So there are creationists that know what they are doing and are very smart. Doesn't excuse their ignoring the data, but shows that it's not simply pure ignoramouses.

No its pure brainwashing, thats what religion is, thats how it thrives. One generation, convinces the next generation about their beliefs, and the cycle goes on and on for thousands of years.

It doesn't really matter how intelligent you are, you can be brainwashed just like everyone else.

Plus, I had forgotten about, but remember seeing a committee on getting textbooks for schools (in Texas I think) making changes to it (which I don't think they should have a say in). I can imagine that committee making the spin to seem like the example of it being pseudoscience into it being absolutely correct.

A theist and an atheist go to heaven.
theist: "See! There is a heaven."
atheist: "So, you consider heaven a joke too?"
------
Defy gravity... stand up.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I heard there's two creation versions? smileXsmileXsmile 15 393 17-08-2014 07:35 AM
Last Post: jockmcdock
  Evidence Against (?) Evolution RedJamaX 8 522 12-07-2014 07:12 AM
Last Post: true scotsman
  9 Unscientific Excuses to Ignore Evolution. Metazoa Zeke 13 843 16-06-2014 04:03 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Creation COSMOS. - Funny or Die, lol Bows and Arrows 13 611 07-05-2014 07:00 AM
Last Post: Bible Belt Brawler
  Scientist only want evolution to be true for money? Metazoa Zeke 34 741 23-03-2014 03:32 PM
Last Post: rampant.a.i.
  How to talk about evolution to a creationist Metazoa Zeke 2 301 16-03-2014 02:46 PM
Last Post: DemonicLemon
  Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist. Metazoa Zeke 14 328 07-03-2014 09:16 AM
Last Post: itsnotmeitsyou