Do you think everyone should be allowed to have kids?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Do you think everyone should be allowed to have kids?
I know it sounds a bit nazi like to forbid people to reproduce. But it somehow bothers me that every cruel idiot is allowed to have 20 kids and do with them almost anything he/she wants and therefore fucking up the life of 20 people and society/government wont interfere unless some serious crime happens.
Do you think people who want to have children should be obliged to go through certain test where psychologists and some other professionals would decide if they re appropriate for having (a certain number of) kids?

Trolls are holy race. Eduard Khil is our god.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 12:17 PM
RE: Do you think everyone should be allowed to have kids?
Hot topic..... I can see this one hitting the ozone. Unsure

I'm not going to opine on this, it may start WWlll No , but I'd like to see where this goes. Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
05-04-2014, 12:20 PM
I know how you feel. It's one of the things that enrage me the most in this life. Some parents think that they "own" their children and that they have the right to decide on anything that has to do with them, even if it's harmful.

However, I don't think it would ever be possible and/or realistic to implement such restrictions.

Whenever I think about my cousin who doesn't get her children vaccinated because she "read a book", I die a little inside. But then again, I can't imagine myself agreeing with forbidding her, or anyone for that matter (with the reasonable exceptions), from having kids.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-04-2014, 12:22 PM
The idea of having to get permission from some governmental agency in order to have a child makes me a little twitchy.

One thing that is hard to predict is how becoming a parent can change some people. I have seen people that I never would have guessed would turn out to be fantastic as a parent and I have seen the reverse.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-04-2014, 12:24 PM
I don't know about that, but there are good reasons to reduce the birth rate. But its difficult to do it without being draconian.

The only way I can think of is to reduce the perks of having more children.

In the UK we get Child Tax Credit and Child Benefit... One being reduced taxes for every child you have, and the other being a government fund to help parents pay for children's clothes, food and whatever... Regardless of how many children you have.

In my opinion that should be limited to just one child... Except in cases of twins or triplets.

It would stop the practice of people having lots of children purely for monetary gain. Which seems to happen a lot here.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2014, 12:25 PM
This is the Benevolent Dictator problem. Who gets to decide and why? What are the criteria for the decision? How do the people making the decisions enforce them? How can one preemptively know who will be a good parent and who will be a bad parent? Intelligence alone is not a sign of a good parent and lack of education does not make a bad parent.

Yes there probably are some people who should not be allowed to have kids but really until they do something that shows their unfitness there is no way to both hold up civil liberty and enforce this.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Should everyone have the right to have children? No
Do I think anyone should be entrusted with the job of deciding who gets to have children and who doesn't? Absolutely not.

Now if you ask me if I think the government should be more strict with parents who have proven themselves to be the scum if the earth. Hell yes!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
05-04-2014, 12:44 PM
(05-04-2014 12:33 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Should everyone have the right to have children? No
Do I think anyone should be entrusted with the job of deciding who gets to have children and who doesn't? Absolutely not.

Now if you ask me if I think the government should be more strict with parents who have proven themselves to be the scum if the earth. Hell yes!

Trouble is, by the time a parent has shown they're unfit to raise children, the damage is done.

We've had a string of shocking cases of neglect and abuse over the past few years...

This was one of the worst... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Philpott

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2014, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2014 01:09 PM by Luminon.)
Everyone should be "allowed" (not forbidden) to have kids. We don't want people with guns telling us what to do. Firstly, it is impossible to watch a watchman, watchmen are just going to make a deal with each other and screw us together. Secondly, we already have pretty powerful enforcers in our society. Who? People with price tags. I don't like price tags, but I prefer them to guns.

Insurance companies, police, firefighters, teachers, restaurants and everyone should be "allowed" (not forbidden) to charge extra if the kids are brought up using violence (spanking) or otherwise neglected, repressed, not medically checked, not basically vaccinated against deadly diseases, not taught evolution or just too damn numerous. Imagine the great discounts you can get on most medical expenses if you stop physically and verbally assaulting your toddler! What about the free school equipment if your elementary schooler can answer questions about evolution through natural selection at admission?

If we get rid of people who use aggression to bully us into things someone else wants, we can be all happy and save money on extra government expenses, such as war in Iraq, world's #1 prison population, 700 military bases abroad, war on drugs, banker bailouts, getting spied on and of course, the prison/factory/hospital/barracks/monastery institution known as public schools and their soul-grinding post-puritan mindfuck.

OK, to make this post a bit more kid-friendly:

Of course, I think the very idea of money and exchange rather technically outdated and we should all just switch directly to The Venus Project and its Resource-Based economy. But if you want gradual change, this is the way to go. Remember, your government was a unique experiment in the smallest possible and the most limited government in world's history. Today it's the biggest, most powerful, violent and indebted government in world's history. This government crap just does not work.
05-04-2014, 01:21 PM
(05-04-2014 12:44 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(05-04-2014 12:33 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Should everyone have the right to have children? No

Trouble is, by the time a parent has shown they're unfit to raise children, the damage is done.

We've had a string of shocking cases of neglect and abuse over the past few years...

This was one of the worst... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Philpott

I have this cousin "K"
K has 2 kids "L"-girl and "O"-boy.
When O was about 8 months he went to a well check with his pediatrician and the doctor called children services because he was so tiny and so skinny the doctor could not believe he was 8 months old. Children services had several meeting with K telling her how and how often to feed O, but he still wasn't growing or gaining weight. Finally a woman from children services brought K a can of formula, went over the instructions on how to make it, and told her she would be back in 2 days to check on O and the formula should be gone by then. When the woman returned 2 days later the can if formula sat on the counter where she left it, unopened. O was removed from K's care and placed in a foster home. K was then ordered to have routine visits from children services in order to keep her daughter L. All was well for a few months, L was three she was big enough to feed herself (sadly). Until one day L had huge shoe shaped bruise on her back. K insisted that is was her boyfriend and not her who kicked L. So they let her keep L and scheduled her to start doing drug tests. K failed her first drug test. By this time my aunt had finally gotten baby O out of foster care and living with her so L went to live with my aunt too. K was livid. How dare they take her only means to child support and food stamps? How date they remove her little money makers? Who would buy her drugs now??
Ever since then it's been a back and forth game K gets therapy passes a few blood tests and take O and L back. K fails drug tests or one of the kids gets a bruise back to my aunt again.
O is now 5 and L is 8, what kind of life is this for children?
This is what I mean about stricter. One time only second chance maybe depending on why they were removed, but just giving them back over and over is unacceptable.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post