Do you think everyone should be allowed to have kids?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Do you think everyone should be allowed to have kids?
(05-04-2014 09:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm more worried about the size of families

Honestly in an ideal world, I'd like to see size limits on families. 3-4 children tops.

20 kids and counting is ridiculous and irresponsible.

I found this kind of funny since I'm in catholic land where 4 is considered a small family. When me and my ex were dating she mentioned that if she got married she'd want at least 8 kids.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: Do you think everyone should be allowed to have kids?
(05-04-2014 12:05 PM)Troll Wrote:  I know it sounds a bit nazi like to forbid people to reproduce. But it somehow bothers me that every cruel idiot is allowed to have 20 kids and do with them almost anything he/she wants and therefore fucking up the life of 20 people and society/government wont interfere unless some serious crime happens.
Do you think people who want to have children should be obliged to go through certain test where psychologists and some other professionals would decide if they re appropriate for having (a certain number of) kids?

Controlling the reproduction of citizens via the government sounds about as smart and effective as censorship. Even if a judge can be selected and agreed upon, it will be impossible for him/her to escape the corruption paired with that power. Is there anyone you know personally who you would trust with the decision of what you should read, or whether or not you should be allowed to reproduce? We ought to have learned this lesson the first time around by observing the way the "master race" ethnically cleansed their way to infamy.

I live in the United States and consider myself a patriot. I believe in principles of a free society. My confidence in these principles relies on a central fairness, or a guarantee that rights will be granted to all citizens without exception. If it becomes acceptable to restrict as basic a right as to reproduce, where does it end? If freedom is selective, it is no freedom at all. It is merely privilege granted to one party over another. That is not the kind of free society that I want to be a part of.

In a western democratic society, I have very little fear for the quality of life of any person, even when they begin life impoverished and alone. It is virtually impossible to starve to death in my country, let alone any country in Europe. There are government programs on federal, state, and local levels designed specifically to ensure quality of life for those who's families cannot care for them. These are often the very same organizations that are legally capable of removing a child from the care of inept, neglectful, or otherwise irresponsible parents. At the very least, one has a guarantee of an opportunity for food, shelter, and a future.

All things considered, things are better off as they are, even with irresponsible people having children.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply