Do you think that aliens would bother to come to a highly superstitious planet?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2012, 02:32 AM
RE: Do you think that aliens would bother to come to a highly superstitious planet?
(27-10-2012 07:03 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  If you are referring to Earth now, no I wouldn't if I were them. On the whole, humanity if still very much infantile. That being said, our weapons are pretty scary. Way back when our most advanced weapons were sticks and stones, yes I would if I were them. If you come across a primitive civilization and you have tech that ensures that they cannot possibly hurt you, but you can kill them at will. The majority of predatory species would definately take advantage. One day I expect our species to do the same.

I not so sure nuclear weapons and such would frighten an alien race capable of travelling interstellar distances. I mean, they would probably think our most advanced weapons were quite quaint and might want to collect some for their Alien Archaeology Museums.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2012, 04:46 PM
RE: Do you think that aliens would bother to come to a highly superstitious planet?
(29-10-2012 02:32 AM)Julius Wrote:  
(27-10-2012 07:03 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  If you are referring to Earth now, no I wouldn't if I were them. On the whole, humanity if still very much infantile. That being said, our weapons are pretty scary. Way back when our most advanced weapons were sticks and stones, yes I would if I were them. If you come across a primitive civilization and you have tech that ensures that they cannot possibly hurt you, but you can kill them at will. The majority of predatory species would definately take advantage. One day I expect our species to do the same.

I not so sure nuclear weapons and such would frighten an alien race capable of travelling interstellar distances. I mean, they would probably think our most advanced weapons were quite quaint and might want to collect some for their Alien Archaeology Museums.

I disagree. Nuclear weapons can ruin the planet for a very long time. Even if their technology is so advanced that it can't be damaged by nukes, the environment would be toast. I see only one reason to come to Earth, resources. If they don't want resources then their tech would allow them to set up colonies on any world. They would not need to fight us, they could take Mars easily. We are too primitive to be allies. It would be like us giving chimps automatic weapons. Even tech they give us to help us would ultimately be turned into weapons. Then again, there would be no easier way to kill us all than giving us advanced tech.
30-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Perhaps, vacation, laugh therapy, and a spot of cow tipping. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes witerat's post
01-11-2012, 02:27 AM
(30-10-2012 01:28 AM)witerat Wrote:  Perhaps, vacation, laugh therapy, and a spot of cow tipping. Smile

Yeah, maybe if by cows you mean us humans.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post