Do you think that religion is starting to be discussed more or less?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: Do you think that religion is starting to be discussed more or less?
Yes, its popping up all over the internet... Debates and arguments breaking out in comments sections of totally unrelated topics.

Its on TV, in the library, in the cinema... Atheism is on the march, and its taking no prisoners.

I think the internet is largely responsible. Previously a theist with doubts would have to go to a public library to get information on "banned" topics... Having to risk being exposed to gossiping neighbours and prying eyes.

Now, anyone can research religions, science, history and philosophy online, for free, in private and most importantly, anonymously. Its also allowed forums like this to become sources of support for those trying to leave their religion and a place for debate and discussion.

But as well as all that, I think this is a serious intellectual/cultural revolution... People are beginning to feel comfortable with, and even proud of their non-belief. I think its on a par with the gay lib movement perhaps more so since atheism crosses all demographics.

We just need a good chant...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 09:35 PM
At times I like to think so when I see all the movement on the internet with the videos, the books and sites like these, but when I return to the world I see everything remains the same, at least here where I live it is. Sometimes I think of going back to church just to see if all the stuff on the internet is having any effect but I know I won't be welcomed. I'm their boogey manEvil_monster

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
Find all posts by this user
17-02-2014, 09:37 PM
(17-02-2014 09:35 PM)netninja Wrote:  At times I like to think so when I see all the movement on the internet with the videos, the books and sites like these, but when I return to the world I see everything remains the same, at least here where I live it is. Sometimes I think of going back to church just to see if all the stuff on the internet is having any effect but I know I won't be welcomed. I'm their boogey manEvil_monster

Do you ever think about getting out of the place you are currently living?
17-02-2014, 09:54 PM
(17-02-2014 09:37 PM)thedudette Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:35 PM)netninja Wrote:  At times I like to think so when I see all the movement on the internet with the videos, the books and sites like these, but when I return to the world I see everything remains the same, at least here where I live it is. Sometimes I think of going back to church just to see if all the stuff on the internet is having any effect but I know I won't be welcomed. I'm their boogey manEvil_monster

Do you ever think about getting out of the place you are currently living?

Naah! I don't hate it here, Mexico is not the best country but it is far from being as bad as hollywood movies show it to the rest of the world, it is home and I'd rather stay and fight the system than just moving to a more atheist friendly place.

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
17-02-2014, 09:57 PM
(17-02-2014 09:54 PM)netninja Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:37 PM)thedudette Wrote:  Do you ever think about getting out of the place you are currently living?

Naah! I don't hate it here, Mexico is not the best country but it is far from being as bad as hollywood movies show it to the rest of the world, it is home and I'd rather stay and fight the system than just moving to a more atheist friendly place.

Good point Smile