Do you think this is unethical?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2012, 03:56 AM
RE: Do you think this is unethical?
So, tell me, what am I suppose to do here. My browser is set FOR SECURITY. That means it does not remember any cookies. To be good and honest, am I suppose to lower my SECURITY, or what? Am I suppose to count how many articles have I read? How am I suppose to even know they have this policy and if I want to be ethical 100%, how am I suppose to do it, cause every time I shut down my browser, it is clean and I can read on... I didn't DO anything. I just have a normally protected computer that anyone should have...

Strange...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2012, 02:30 PM
(14-08-2012 03:56 AM)Filox Wrote:  So, tell me, what am I suppose to do here. My browser is set FOR SECURITY. That means it does not remember any cookies. To be good and honest, am I suppose to lower my SECURITY, or what? Am I suppose to count how many articles have I read? How am I suppose to even know they have this policy and if I want to be ethical 100%, how am I suppose to do it, cause every time I shut down my browser, it is clean and I can read on... I didn't DO anything. I just have a normally protected computer that anyone should have...

Strange...

Big Grin

No one is ethical 100%.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
18-08-2012, 08:47 PM
(18-06-2012 12:50 AM)cufflink Wrote:  The question is, is Y acting unethically? To put it bluntly, is he stealing from X? A related question is, what would you do if you were in Y's position? And did you have to think about your decision and weigh various factors, or was it immediately clear to you, i.e. a no-brainer?

Personally, I thought this was a no-brainer; Y is acting unethically because he is stealing the service from internet journal X.

[Image: pudalo15fa2.png]

Blog.
14-09-2012, 01:16 AM
It gets rather tricky. I used to subscribe to XM radio. I stopped when they decided to have commercials on most of their stations. I was a frequent listener and subscriber when they were mostly commercial free. They got greedy and decided to do both, charge money and have commercials. They still advertise as if they are commercial free. Would it be stealing if I found a way to listen for free? I don't think so, even though they would see it differently. In my view they would be the theives if I were still a listener, because I would already be paying once. Making me listen to ad after ad is a second form of income for them and therefore a second form of payment. If the website in question does the same charging a monthly fee and then also has ads, they are stealing from you if you do both.
18-09-2012, 04:34 AM
This also boils down to what you believe theft is. To the rich getting tax breaks is not stealing when clearly they don't pay the percentage they should be. To the poor who get screwed on their taxes they are stealing. To someone with no desire to work that is on welfare, they are not stealing. To me, they are robbing us blind.