Do you wish it were true?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2013, 06:53 AM
RE: Do you wish it were true?
(23-07-2013 06:18 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  I'm not sure I understand your question.

And because it is a necropost, it is unlikely that you shall. Which is why I don't like it. Angry

(23-07-2013 06:18 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Do you want to prove, without a doubt, that Jesus exists? Because that it easy, it has already been done.

No it has not. Tongue

(23-07-2013 06:18 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  The thing that is hard to prove, is whatever or not he went around doing magic tricks, and whatever or not God really exists.

Obviously, he did not. And the problem of "existence of god" is contingent upon "definition of god."

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2013, 07:25 AM
(23-07-2013 06:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 06:18 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Do you want to prove, without a doubt, that Jesus exists? Because that it easy, it has already been done.

No it has not. Tongue

Ok, I wrote that wrong.
What it meant to say, is that it has been proved that a guy named Jesus did exists, as in at one point he actually was a living person, and not just a work of fiction like most everything else in the bible.
Whatever or not he did all the magic stuff and miracles, is what can't be proven.

(23-07-2013 06:18 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  The thing that is hard to prove, is whatever or not he went around doing magic tricks, and whatever or not God really exists.

Obviously, he did not. And the problem of "existence of god" is contingent upon "definition of god."
[/quote]

I agree.
Find all posts by this user
23-07-2013, 07:33 AM
(23-07-2013 07:25 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Ok, I wrote that wrong.
What it meant to say, is that it has been proved that a guy named Jesus did exists, as in at one point he actually was a living person, and not just a work of fiction like most everything else in the bible.
Whatever or not he did all the magic stuff and miracles, is what can't be proven.

I disagree. It seems clear to me that Paul wasn't talking about an actual human being.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Do I want it to be true? Sure, makes things much easier. Just blame god for everything.
But it's not true, and it's not that easy.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
23-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Do I wish all the insane in the brain, bat shit crazy stuff in the bible were true ?
A god who commits genocide on a whim, who is ok with destroying a man's life and loved ones (Lot) in order to prove some perverse point.
A god who wants complete obedience and if you don't do as he says, an eternal life of torture awaits you.

Ya....no thanks

Plus, I can have heavenly afterlife if I want, no gods needed. All I have to do is imagine one.
The god of the bible is the self proclaimed creator of evil. If it existed, it would be my moral responsibility to destroy it.

And since there is no evidence of a god, you can infer that I have destroyed it if you wish.

You're welcome !

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
23-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Fawk no, I don't wish it were true. The beauty of reality is FAR more complex, interesting and exciting than anything anyone has ever conjured up.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
23-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Absolutely not. None of these holy books portray a life I care to lead.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume