Do your dogs eat wasps?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2016, 01:58 PM
RE: Do your dogs eat wasps?
My cat swatted a bee/wasp once: paw swelled up to twice its size.
She still chases them though ... and she's the smart one

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2016, 04:43 PM
(24-05-2016 01:53 PM)Marozz Wrote:  My Golden Retriever, Harvey, snaps at anything that gets too close. He kills the odd wasp or bee but doesn't eat them.

[Image: x1MsOQP.jpg]

Cool Doge.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
24-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Ziggy has taken a liking to an evening snack of June bugs. There always seems to be one or two around the back door when I let the dogs out at night. I have to tackle him to get him not to eat them. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-05-2016, 05:56 PM
(24-05-2016 04:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ziggy has taken a liking to an evening snack of June bugs. There always seems to be one or two around the back door when I let the dogs out at night. I have to tackle him to get him not to eat them. Undecided

But they're so nice and crunchy! I'm guessing you don't like flossing the bug legs out of his teeth?
24-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Had a restaurant last year. A dog that had lived at the restaurant for years thru several different people in charge of the restaurant. He weighed in at about 12 pounds total, the honey bees would fly around and if they got too close to the floor he'd snap them up, sometime sthey apparently got in a sting as they went down as seen by his reaction, but he was an old dog and had been doing it forever, I didn't even try to break him of it. They big fat poison toads that live here are a different matter. He'd see one and whimper and head the other direction.
24-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Yeah mine do. But the wasps die before they get a chance to sting - if the dog snaps really fast.

Wasps usually sting if they're trapped and still alive. Hit em fast and they never see it coming. I used to smack em out of thin air with my bare hands!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
24-05-2016, 08:34 PM
(24-05-2016 08:19 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Yeah mine do. But the wasps die before they get a chance to sting - if the dog snaps really fast.

Wasps usually sting if they're trapped and still alive. Hit em fast and they never see it coming. I used to smack em out of thin air with my bare hands!

You're a better man than I, Gunga Din. Bowing I'm allergic big time.
24-05-2016, 08:59 PM
(24-05-2016 04:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ziggy has taken a liking to an evening snack of June bugs. There always seems to be one or two around the back door when I let the dogs out at night. I have to tackle him to get him not to eat them. Undecided

So where were the spiders?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-05-2016, 09:11 PM
(24-05-2016 01:58 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  My cat swatted a bee/wasp once: paw swelled up to twice its size.
She still chases them though ... and she's the smart one

My cat picked a fight with a yellow jacket buzzing around my window. It stung him on his paw. The scar's still visible. The stupid cat kept on trying to get to that window for the next week. (My hero...)
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
24-05-2016, 09:41 PM
(24-05-2016 08:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

So where were the spiders?

Mars, I think. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post