Doc's Ebonic Sunday skoo, foo'

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
02-04-2013, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2017 03:42 PM by docskeptic.)
Doc's Ebonic Sunday skoo, foo'
Hello all! Allow me to introduce myself. I am your new teacher and my name is Docskeptic. I have been an atheist since 2009. I recently authored a book titled "Dissecting the Bible. An inquiry into the Bible from a modern medical perspective".
.pdf  Cover.pdf (Size: 964.98 KB / Downloads: 173) Since I figured that the chance of it seeing daylight was slim, I started a thread on Amazon's religion forum labelled "Useless Scripture" containing some of my thoughts which generated some interesting conversations. With your permission, I'd like to move my "Sunday School" here. We'll start off by posting a pop quiz that I administered early in the thread. Good luck! Here we go:

1. According to Gen. 5:17, from where did Cain get his wife?
a. He married his sister
b. A second creative act of God
c. A mail-order bride catalog
d. ChristianMingle.com

2. According to 2 Kings 24:8 and 2 Chron. 36:9, How old was Jehoiachin when he began to rule Judah?
a. 8 years old b. 18 years old c. Both

3. Name the "exceeding high mountain" in Matthew 4:5, 8 from the top of which you can see ALL the kingdoms of the world.

4. A circle has a diameter of 10 units. Calculate the circumference. Now compare your answer to 1 Kings 7:23 and explain why your answer is wrong.

5. According to Ezekiel. 18:20 and Exod. 20:5, the sons are responsible for the sins of the fathers.
True. False. Both

6. In your own opinion, which was the better of the two:
a. David's gift of two hundred foreskins (which he got by murdering 200 random Philistines) to his lovely bride-to-be
b. Samson's gift of thirty sets of clothes (which he got by murdering thirty random Philistines) to his wedding guests.
Be creative. Extra credit for using all our vocabulary words from last week (horrific, humorous, romantic, atrocity, tender, sweet, thoughtful).

7. Using mainly crayons, draw a picture of the tree of life that grows on BOTH sides of the river of life in New Jerusalem (Rev. 22:2).
Extra credit for imagination, colorfulness and staying within the lines.

8. The Bible is the pure, inspired, inerrant Word of God.
True

9. Bonus question (worth 10 points).
Name the place where the woman anointed Jesus with expensive perfume.
5 extra points for naming when she anointed him. (Hint: read the gospels of Matthew, Luke and John).

Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 15 users Like docskeptic's post
02-04-2013, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:39 PM by Doctor X.)
RE: DOC'S HOLISTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WHERE WE TEACH THE WHOLE BIBLE)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
02-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Mark 1: 1. "The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,"

Mark 4:11, 12. "He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables so that, 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’"

Doc
02-04-2013, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:40 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
02-04-2013, 03:16 PM
(02-04-2013 02:30 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Hello all! Allow me to introduce myself. I am your new teacher and my name is Docskeptic. I have been an atheist since 2009. I recently authored a book titled "Dissecting the Bible. An inquiry into the Bible from a modern medical perspective". Since I figured that the chance of it seeing daylight was slim, I started a thread on Amazon's religion forum labelled "Useless Scripture" containing some of my thoughts which generated some interesting conversations. With your permission, I'd like to move my "Sunday School" here. We'll start off by posting a pop quiz that I administered early in the thread. Good luck! Here we go:

1. According to Gen. 5:17, from where did Cain get his wife?
a. He married his sister
b. A second creative act of God
c. A mail-order bride catalog
d. ChristianMingle.com

2. According to 2 Kings 24:8 and 2 Chron. 36:9, How old was Jehoiachin when he began to rule Judah?
a. 8 years old b. 18 years old c. Both

3. Name the "exceeding high mountain" in Matthew 4:5, 8 from the top of which you can see ALL the kingdoms of the world.

4. A circle has a diameter of 10 units. Calculate the circumference. Now compare your answer to 1 Kings 7:23 and explain why your answer is wrong.

5. According to Ezekiel. 18:20 and Exod. 20:5, the sons are responsible for the sins of the fathers.
True. False. Both

6. In your own opinion, which was the better of the two:
a. David's gift of two hundred foreskins (which he got by murdering 200 random Philistines) to his lovely bride-to-be
b. Samson's gift of thirty sets of clothes (which he got by murdering thirty random Philistines) to his wedding guests.
Be creative. Extra credit for using all our vocabulary words from last week (horrific, humorous, romantic, atrocity, tender, sweet, thoughtful).

7. Using mainly crayons, draw a picture of the tree of life that grows on BOTH sides of the river of life in New Jerusalem (Rev. 22:2).
Extra credit for imagination, colorfulness and staying within the lines.

8. The Bible is the pure, inspired, inerrant Word of God.
True

9. Bonus question (worth 10 points).
Name the place where the woman anointed Jesus with expensive perfume.
5 extra points for naming when she anointed him. (Hint: read the gospels of Matthew, Luke and John).

Doc

1. ChristianMingle.com

2. Both

3. Mountain Dew

4. My answer is wrong because the Bible is true and I am Jesus's bitch.

5. Both

6. A bag of foreskins would be the best gift, as you could give the foreskins to Mary as she has never seen a penis so would be entertained by this.

7. I don't own any crayons, I am a big boy now.

[Image: da_truths.jpg]

8. This is definitely true. The Bible says so.

9. She anointed him in the perfume aisle at Target during Black Friday 27 B.C.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
[+] 15 users Like TheLogicalAthiest's post
02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Doctor X,
Please elucidate.

Perplexedly yours,
Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
02-04-2013, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:40 PM by Doctor X.)

[+] 2 users Like Doctor X's post
02-04-2013, 04:20 PM
υἱοῦ θεοῦ was added later. This is why you will see it contained in "[]" in the Greek text. Scholars know it is secondary, but they have a hard time dropping it.

Ah, so! Just like Mark 16:9-19!
Much obliged.

Doc
02-04-2013, 04:57 PM
What other fictional books will we be discussing ?

I've read the Hobbit and Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle. (He is the only Lord I admire)
In chapter 7 of the Hobbit, what dangers do they face ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
02-04-2013, 05:23 PM
(02-04-2013 04:57 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  What other fictional books will we be discussing ?

I've read the Hobbit and Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle. (He is the only Lord I admire)
In chapter 7 of the Hobbit, what dangers do they face ?

Have you read Pullman's His Dark Materials? That's a rich source for discussion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post