Doc's Ebonic Sunday skoo, foo'

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
24-06-2015, 05:43 AM
RE: Doc's formulaic Sunday School (Boy meets God. Boy loves God. God kills boy)
Thanks, Mom and TOC! I need to step back every so often to clear my head and to focus on other things. I also use the time to complete more models like this one:

[attachment=2807] [attachment=2808]

Cheers!

Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
24-06-2015, 06:10 AM
RE: Doc's formulaic Sunday School (Boy meets God. Boy loves God. God kills boy)
Great to see you back Doc, I always miss you when you're gone for so long. As you well know, we here need adult supervision.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-06-2015, 08:22 AM
RE: Doc's formulaic Sunday School (Boy loves God. Boy loses God. Boy finds happiness)
And we're back to awesome thread titles again too Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-06-2015, 09:19 AM
RE: Doc's formulaic Sunday School (Boy loves God. Boy loses God. Boy finds happiness)
Fodder-from-the-Truth: Doc, you said that God created rainbows as a reminder to himself to never again destroy the earth with flooding, correct?

Doc: That's right.

FFTT: So what happened when it rained before the flood? Were there no rainbows then? Or did it not rain before the Flood?

Doc: It did not rain before the Flood. Genesis 2:5 says that after the creation of the earth, no tree or shrub existed because "...God had not sent rain on the earth..." The first time rain is mentioned in the Bible is in connection with the Flood.

FFTT: How did grass and plants grow then? Where did Noah get the wood to make his ark? Was there no water cycle back then? What happened to the evaporated water from lakes and oceans?

Doc: Easy! Genesis 2: 6 says, "...streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground..."! There's irrigation for ya.

FFTT: Boy, you sure fell for that jiggery-pokery, didn't you? Were you dropped on the head as a baby? Can't you see that this is all a myth concocted by the ancient Hebrews who did not understand the water cycle or the creation of rainbows by the optical refraction of sunlight inside raindrops? Its as silly as the Celtic myths of leprechauns and pots o' gold at the end of rainbows.

Doc: Leprechauns aren't real? Noooooooo!
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
26-06-2015, 11:28 AM
TOC: (gingerly raising his hand) Is it possible that the nephilim were peeing on all of the trees and that is how they got their water and nutrients? I mean, they are half angel, do wouldn't that be magical pee?

Doc: Don't be silly. Where does it day that the nephilim even had to go No1 or No2?

TOC: Where does it say that angels have penises and can actually fertilize a human egg?

Doc: Get your ass to the principal!!

TOC: For what?

Doc: For that lewd language. Lucky you aren't my kid or I'd stone you outside the classroom.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
29-06-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: Doc's archaic funday fchool
Apparently, it wasn't just the ancient Hebrews who were clueless as to the origin of rainbows, the early Christians (yes, I know, same difference) were too. Look at how they describe heaven. In Revelation 4:3, John says that he visited heaven in a vision and this is what he saw, "And the one who sat there (God the Father) had the appearance of jasper and ruby. A rainbow that shone like an emerald encircled the throne."

So, rainbows can exist in heaven in the absence of sunshine and rainfall and more impressively, they are monochromatic, being emerald green in color. There is, however, an easy explanation. John also says in Revelation 21 of the New Jerusalem that, "the city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp."

Since God is always described as jealous and since jealousy is described as the green-eyed monster, it makes sense that rainbows in heaven are colored green, n'est ce pas?

Doc
29-06-2015, 10:48 AM
*sniffle*
This class is so far out of my league. Now and then I peek in and longingly wish I could keep up with this AP group.
Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-06-2015, 11:56 AM
(29-06-2015 10:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  *sniffle*
This class is so far out of my league. Now and then I peek in and longingly wish I could keep up with this AP group.
Sadcryface

AP class?? They said I'd be teaching juvenile delinquents.

Doc
29-06-2015, 11:58 AM
(29-06-2015 11:56 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
Sadcryface

Doc

Big Grin Well, maybe I belong after all.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-06-2015, 12:01 PM
(29-06-2015 11:56 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
Sadcryface

Doc

[Image: 1363126452_taco-girl-meme-generator-why-...6ec00b.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post