Doc's Ebonic Sunday skoo, foo'

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
19-11-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: Doc's phoneticˈsəndā sko͞ol
(19-11-2017 05:08 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  The Muslim poster was apparently trying to make the point that the Quran was scientifically advanced for it's time, for example, predicting the darkness in the ocean depths.

Wow. That's a hard one. Go to the sea and look in the water. It's not that far out from the shore that you can no longer see the bottom.
Any predictions about what we would actually find in the ocean depths?

No gods necessary.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like brunumb's post
19-11-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: Doc's phonetic səndā sko͞ol
Just had to post this one:

Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 4, Number 223 :

Narrated by Um Qais bint Mihsin
I brought my young son, who had not started eating (ordinary food) to Allah's Apostle who took him and made him sit in his lap. The child urinated on the garment of the Prophet, so he asked for water and poured it over the soiled (area) and did not wash it.

Who was this heroic child? What was his name? Why were epic poems not written about him?

Doc
19-11-2017, 10:00 PM
(19-11-2017 07:41 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Just had to post this one:

I brought my young son, who had not started eating (ordinary food) to Allah's Apostle who took him and made him sit in his lap. The child urinated on the garment of the Prophet, so he asked for water and poured it over the soiled (area) and did not wash it.

Who was this heroic child? What was his name? Why were epic poems not written about him?

Doc

I’m going to apologize first, that out of the way...

I missed the part of what’s so heroic about a child peeing all over himself. Also, was the child beheaded afterwards?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-11-2017, 05:43 AM
(19-11-2017 10:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-11-2017 07:41 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Just had to post this one:

Doc

I’m going to apologize first, that out of the way...

I missed the part of what’s so heroic about a child peeing all over himself. Also, was the child beheaded afterwards?

He didn't pee all over himself, he pissed on the "prophet"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
20-11-2017, 07:02 AM
(20-11-2017 05:43 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(19-11-2017 10:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m going to apologize first, that out of the way...

He didn't pee all over himself, he pissed on the "prophet"

If the kid was sitting on the Prophet's lap and peed on itself and it ran down into the guy's garment... it doesn't sound like the kid just whipped it out and intentionally aimed at the guy.

See, this is why religious teachings and scripture are so gigantically stupid, the give meaning to where none is needed. Anyway, apology to Doc, he knows I worship the garment he pees on. Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-11-2017, 10:03 AM
FC, I ascribed intentionality to the child and assumed he was the first to see the Prophet for what he was and expressed his opinion in a suitable fashion. As to the subsequent fate of the child, and his mother and the rest of his extended family, one can but wonder. If the following hadith is any indication, the worst must be feared:

The climate of Medina did not suit some people, so the Prophet ordered them to follow his shepherd, i.e. his camels, and drink their milk and urine (as a medicine). So they followed the shepherd that is the camels and drank the milk and urine till their bodies became healthy. Then they killed the shepherd and drove away the camels. When the news reached the Prophet, he sent some people in their pursuit. When they were brought, he cut their hands and feet and their eyes were branded with heated pieces of iron.

Sahih al-Bukari, Book 76, Hadith 9

In my opinion, the kid had it right.

Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
20-11-2017, 10:22 AM
(20-11-2017 10:03 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  In my opinion, the kid had it right.

Doc

I’m sure he did but I hope he didn’t have his wee-wee cut off. Sadcryface

20-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Alrighty, then. Moving on with the scientific prescience of Mohammad and consequently that of the Quran. Here's a real beauty:

Narrated by Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease.

Sahih al-Bukhari 7:71:673

Now, why don't they teach that in school? Phooey for the germ theory of disease and the Koch postulates.

Doc
20-11-2017, 11:47 PM
Doc, I need guidance. Do I throw away only the fly or what was in the vessel also. Or does this lesson only apply to an empty vessel. I am sure Mohammed is giving me the straight shit from Allah but should he not be more clear about it.
21-11-2017, 08:29 AM
(20-11-2017 07:14 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Narrated by Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease.

That part's probably not meant to be taken literally, or has been taken out of context. But those parts about deep oceans are totally prophetic!

I love when one Muslim complains how evolution isn't real and another cherry picks some section of the Quran to show how it proves evolution.